PDA

View Full Version : Mega Man/Rockman Cosplayers?

Squeaker-Ed
08-20-2010, 07:28 PM
Wassup! It's me, Squeaky, back in the forums again!

So, are there any cosplayers out there doing characters from the Mega Man games? It seems as though characters are rarely seen at conventions (with the most recent cosplay probably being by score, Hopie, and LilyLightning XD). Seeing as how I'm going into Mega Man cosplay pretty fast (with Lan, Maylu, Geo, 2 Trons, and Roll cosplays coming up), I just thought that maybe there were more people cosplaying the Blue Bomber and his friends, I guess~!

So, any Mega Man cosplayers out there?

Dragon
08-23-2010, 03:00 AM
Well, my friend and I are going as Blues and Rock (classic versions) in 3 weeks. I'm almost done now, only need to finish the belt and the underside of my 'shoes' on Blues and the visor, then I'm done <3

My friend needs here 3D-thingies on the helmet and spray-paint everything, then I'll make the joint between foot and leg and then she's done too <3

Oh, and I did Metalman earlier this year and she did a fanart (Maid) version of Copy X ^^

Tabby Catty
08-23-2010, 12:32 PM
Here I am! I am currently working on my Splash Woman cosplay, I just need to borrow my grandma's sewing machine so that I can work on the "fish tail dress" the helmet and trident are done.

I'll be wearing it to Youmacon.

I am contemplating whether to cosplay Jewelman or Starman next. I am confident with making the armor, it's just...

HOW THE HECK ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO MAKE THOSE CHUNKY BOOTS THAT MEGAMAN CHARACTER ARE KNOWN FOR!! GAAAAH!!!!

Then I also want to do Kalinka Cossack sometime, except, well, my sewing machine is broken and I hate constantly borrowing grandma's...

Dragon
08-25-2010, 02:48 AM
@Tabby Catty: About the shoes/feet. If our cosplay goes well, I can show/describe how we made them. I have yet to see if they'll hold, because I made the "feet" separate from the "legs" so it's flexible and we can walk better.

Sounds like interesting plans (*coughs*STARMAN*coughs*) :D

We'll be at a german con in... a bit more that two weeks, it's called Connichi. Aside us two more have given a notice that they'll also be there as some guys from Rockman/Megaman, but I have no idea yet what they'll be.

Squeaker-Ed
08-25-2010, 09:37 PM
I am contemplating whether to cosplay Jewelman or Starman next. I am confident with making the armor, it's just...

HOW THE HECK ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO MAKE THOSE CHUNKY BOOTS THAT MEGAMAN CHARACTER ARE KNOWN FOR!! GAAAAH!!!!
Ah, I have that problem with figuring out how to make Tomahawkman from Battle Network.

How exactly would you go about making the armor for those kinds of characters?

Tabby Catty
08-25-2010, 10:27 PM
Well, for Starman I am confident with the helmet and chestplate, but it's just the boots.

The gloves and arm cannon also look a bit difficult, but doable, though I would like some help with them just to give me an idea.

Now, Splash Woman looks amazing. I put up picture of the helmet and trident, I just need to sew the dress which I found the perfect pattern for her.

Psycho Sukafu
08-25-2010, 11:04 PM
Hehe, finally a Megaman thread that gets some love.:) I'm currently starting up a matching X and Zero for my friends so they can match my Alia costume. I should really trim down on the number I'm planning; I'll never get them done.

@Tabby Catty- Dragon has a good idea. Separate 'shoes' from the top half of the boots does work. You can then attach regular shoes inside them to keep them centered on your feet. Plus if they're hollow they make great places to hide stuff in.:toothy: Only problem I had walking around in that set up was the top half had a habit of twisting and I was constantly reaching down and fixing them. You really have to change how you walk! Blinking knobs on the side kept hitting each other. Might be able to put in a pivot to hold them in place but I'm not sure what would work.

Thekingofspace
08-26-2010, 02:29 AM
@Psycho Sukafu
AGREED! It's nice to get a Mega-thread going!

I'm actually going to Dragon*con this year as Megaman and Sniper Joe (both inspired by The Protomen band) and my girlfriend is cross-playing as Proto. I also just recently got two friends who are doing Light and Wily with us as well.

Also best of luck Tabby Catty :)

Tabby Catty
08-26-2010, 08:37 AM
@Tabby Catty- Dragon has a good idea. Separate 'shoes' from the top half of the boots does work. You can then attach regular shoes inside them to keep them centered on your feet. Plus if they're hollow they make great places to hide stuff in.:toothy: Only problem I had walking around in that set up was the top half had a habit of twisting and I was constantly reaching down and fixing them. You really have to change how you walk! Blinking knobs on the side kept hitting each other. Might be able to put in a pivot to hold them in place but I'm not sure what would work.

Separate shoes? Um... what do you mean by that? How would you go about making them? I'm a master at cardboard and paper mache. That is what my Splash Woman helmet is made out of and also the blade to the trident.

Psycho Sukafu
08-26-2010, 09:34 PM
Oh sorry I'm being obtuse. The section that looks like the foot should be separate from the upper shin section. Might be easier to explain with the following pics of Alia's boots; together (http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o39/Psycho_Sukafu/DSCF1435.jpg) and seperate (http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o39/Psycho_Sukafu/DSCF1436.jpg). White blob is the foot section, burgandy/pink is the shin section.

I will caution using papermache. It does work but it will pinch the back of your legs and breaks easily. But it is cheap and fairly easy to start once one remembers to seal (aka cover in tape) any cardboard you use as a base. It's been a while since I used papermache but I remember the epic fail that was my staff made out of papermache over plain cardboard. It warped really badly. >.<

Tabby Catty
08-26-2010, 10:58 PM
Yeah, what I do is put on at least three coats and wet the newspaper in a mixture of water, flour, and craft glue over a cardboard base that I modeled using cardboard and duct tape.

I am satisfied with my helmet and trident.

Okaaaay... so what material do you use?

That is pretty cool how you do that, but I just can't seem to get started when it comes to making it. Then again, I should probably focus on Splash Woman's dress.

Do you like attach them in some sort of way when you are wearing them?

Psycho Sukafu
08-26-2010, 11:39 PM
I was crazy and used sheets of soft foam, cut into shape and covered in stretch fabric. The shin section just sort of sat on top of the other. Hence the issue of the boots twisting when I walked. There may not be as much of a problem if it is hard armour, ie paper mache but I'm only guessing. I stink at doing paper mache. :(

Dragon
08-27-2010, 04:21 AM
My friend is coming over to work on her Rock, and I'm in the process of finishing up blues, but I think I still have some 'making of' pics left.

I'll take more today and then put them up ... I guess latest by Sunday evening, perhaps they'll be of use to you.

Tabby Catty
08-27-2010, 11:31 AM
I was crazy and used sheets of soft foam, cut into shape and covered in stretch fabric. The shin section just sort of sat on top of the other. Hence the issue of the boots twisting when I walked. There may not be as much of a problem if it is hard armour, ie paper mache but I'm only guessing. I stink at doing paper mache. :(

Ahhhh... I see, well, I am pretty experienced with paper mache and I know exactly the amount of stuff I need to use for the goop.

I was just wondering in case I needed a more sturdier material for boots close to the ground. Then again, I saw people cosplay as giant mechas that had paper mache boots without problems.

I guess what I'm asking for is a boot pattern for those "Megaman character boots" that such characters from Megaman are known for. I will likely do Starmen since Jewelman's requires too much geometry, though it is doable, you just need to be good at nets in order to make his helmet.

I think Jewelman would be fun since I can act like a fruitcake (though then again, I AM a girl)

By the way, how does my Splash Woman helmet look? I should have pictures up on my profile...

SDF Jerry P
08-28-2010, 02:52 PM
I finished putting together Dr. Light last night. Just a couple little finishing touches, and it'll be all ready for Dragon*Con. I still haven't decided what day I'm going to be wearing it, tough.

Thekingofspace
08-29-2010, 02:51 PM
I finished putting together Dr. Light last night. Just a couple little finishing touches, and it'll be all ready for Dragon*Con. I still haven't decided what day I'm going to be wearing it, tough.

Awesome! I'd love to run into you at some point! I'll be in costume with Protoman Friday night, parts of Saturday and Sunday as well.

Squeaker-Ed
08-29-2010, 05:00 PM
Ah, it makes me sad that everyone's gonna show their MM cosplays at conventions this year.:bigcry:

Ah well~! I'm planning on doing a version of Roll for Spirit Week at my school and I'm kinda needing to know how to do Tron Bonne for Halloween. Would anyone know how to do her hair more naturally with a wig? (I like the brooch I made for her~!)

Tabby Catty
08-29-2010, 08:00 PM
Well, my Splash Woman dress is making progress.... It took two hours to do the bodice and it still isn't completely done.

jukebox
08-30-2010, 01:45 AM
Mweeheehee... I wore a Protomen-inspired Protoman for a few hours at FanExpo this weekend. We only managed to get in a few shots at a quick photoshoot, but they were pretty spiffy. My boyfriend was Mega and we decided to get a bunch of shots that would be reminiscent of Act I. I'm crossing my fingers that the shots we got of me dying turn out. XD

I was also wandering around the dealer's room at one point and heard someone yell out "I LOVE YOU, PROTOWOMAN!" while I was going up an escalator. The costume was pretty last-minute so my helmet was sadly lacking a full face viser, so my girly cheekbones and jaw were pretty obvious. But still, it was fun that people recognised the character and the idea. x3

Dragon
08-30-2010, 07:35 AM
Blues is done except for the energy bar on the blaster and the yellow elements on it.
And the visor, which I'll do next week.

Rock(man) is done except for putting the 'shoe'/leg together and doing the underside of the shoes.
And my friend has yet to make the panties XD

I'll be taking pictures of both of them this week, perhaps it will help you, if not go ahead and ask questions.
Also found some old pics of the 'making of' process on the shoes.

Tabby Catty
08-30-2010, 11:44 AM
^ Definitely post those old pics maybe with some explanation because I NEED THOSE when I'm ready to start working on Starman.

Thekingofspace
08-30-2010, 12:37 PM
Mweeheehee... I wore a Protomen-inspired Protoman for a few hours at FanExpo this weekend. We only managed to get in a few shots at a quick photoshoot, but they were pretty spiffy. My boyfriend was Mega and we decided to get a bunch of shots that would be reminiscent of Act I. I'm crossing my fingers that the shots we got of me dying turn out. XD

I was also wandering around the dealer's room at one point and heard someone yell out "I LOVE YOU, PROTOWOMAN!" while I was going up an escalator. The costume was pretty last-minute so my helmet was sadly lacking a full face viser, so my girly cheekbones and jaw were pretty obvious. But still, it was fun that people recognised the character and the idea. x3

I'd love to see those photos! Let us know if they turn out!

Dragon
09-01-2010, 12:56 AM
As promised, I dug out the pics, I'm just afraid there weren't as many left by my photo-eating-cam as I thought there was.

So, basically grabbed a piece of paper and drew my naked foot on it. You can also do this with shoes on. Draw the shape off, then extend it in how big you feel the correct size is.
Mine is 35 cm long for example and on the thickest place it's 34 cm broad, and I choose a loose tear shape, because that's what they seem to have.

I put this on thin cardboard as this was just going to be the base and 'prototype' for my Protoman (XD) / Blues foot.
Next I cut a broad stripe of cardboard, that should be long enough to go all along the edge of the bottom shape. If it doesn't (like in my case) just make a second stripe and and tape them together, so they overlap a bit.
Fix it with tape to the bottom.
Now you'll start shaping the whole thing round, like the shoe of the robots is, by making small cuts into the shoe and cuttin pieces out. Start out with with cutting in and overlapping the parts to see what effect taking how much away will be. Mark it if you fear you might not be able to cut it correctly.
Tape it together once you cut it out.
I tried taking the same amount off of both sides of the shoe, so it would be pretty regular.

=> Result of what your prototype shoud look like:
http://img413.imageshack.us/i/p6120084.jpg/

Thought I do suggest, that you make the front part a bit higher. Tape cardboard you cut away earlier in to adjust correctly.
Try standing and moving in it. If it's comfy, it's good if you are constantly bumping into the edge at the front or back, you might want to shorten it a bit.

Pretty much the same for the actuall leg, thought you should try to make certain the upper back is in the back of your knee and that it goes down enough to cover your natural ankle. You can always cut it shorter if it ends up too long.

=> http://img705.imageshack.us/i/p6120085.jpg/

Next comes the 'hard' part. Emotionally anyway.
You got both correct and comfy?
Great.
Now grab you scissors or cutter and cut them appart. -> No, I'm not joking.
You'll process as follows:
First, cut the bottom of the shoe off.
Then you'll cut the shoe in exact halfes at the backside and front. Grab one half and start trying to place it FLAT on the floor. Since you should have shaped it round, you'll have to make small cuts (most likely on the top, where you cut pieces out and taped them together). If you made MANY cuts before, you can try spreading them out equally with longer cuts. If you mess up, just tape it together again.
I recommend leaving the area out where you'll connect the shoe to the leg => ankle area.

Repeate the same process you did with the shoe with the leg.

I used those three patterns to make my robo-legs out of hard cardboard.
1 x bottom + 2 x shoe pattern (don't forget to paint them on the cardboard mirrored, so you have the correct side inside later) + 2 x leg pattern => 1 shoe.
If you gave the bottom part a certain direction at the tip, make sure you do not make two left or two right shoes :D

After cutting out the shapes from cardboard, I carefully hot glued them together (and still burned mysef a good couple of times). Having someone help you pressing the halfes together really DOES help.
Next I covered the whole things with wooden glue, by smearing a good amount on per hand, making it create good layer.
Make sure the shoe & leg are in the correct shape already, because once the glue hardens it WILL hold the way it dried. It also makes the surface smooth and shiney and more hard.

You can pappermasche it too, for additional hold. I have to admit if I had the time and the knowledge I have now, I'd have placed paper stripes along the upper and lower edes. They can turn out a bit sharp and well, in my case you can see that it's cardboard if you look at the top of the knee-part.

I'm hoping to still hotglue a wide, but thin piece of cardboard on the inside, below knee high, to put through a broad rubber band with closing inside, to give additional hold to it.

Afterwards I spray painted them with car spray paint and well, this is pretty much what they look like finished:

http://img834.imageshack.us/i/p9010201.jpg/

At this point I'd already carefully drilled holes in and put a screw and female screw (inside) through it. I can now walk pretty normal, thought through the thickness you'll have to walk with spread legs and it will take sometime to get used to such big feet. Take it slow.

Other stuff was done in similar ways:
http://img412.imageshack.us/i/p9010198.jpg/
http://img23.imageshack.us/i/p9010202.jpg/

EDIT: Forgot to mention.
As you can see on the bottom of the shoe, I made the 3D effect with the ... busters I think those are.
I made it by using foam board. First I cut out the bottom twice, then cut the 'hole' in after marking it with ruler (used a small plate as shape) and glued the normal one the one with hole, before glueing it as good as possible IN the shoe.
I should have hotglued them to the cardboard bottom part (which I didn't use in the end) for better stability.

Cover the bottom part and hole with wooden glue, for more stability, then you can spraypaint it in the base color and hand-paint additional colors.

If you want to make them walkable in halls and stuff without risking ruining the bottom and being able to show off the bottom part like I'll be doing, search for anti-slip sheets in transparent color. Best would be to if they were self-sticking. I put wood glue that dried transparent between the sheet and bottom and there are parts where there are still white spots, because the outside dried first, thus not allowing the inside to dry properly ^^
If you dare, you can use hot glue to stick it together.

Alternately look for anti-slip mats for showers in transparent (but thick, so the color on the bottom will be a bit more pale, but on the other hand you have good hold even on flat surfaces) or in the correct color if you can find it. (red seems pretty impossible)

I also heard, but haven't been able to try, that silikon (like used in bathrooms) also does the trick.

Tabby Catty
09-01-2010, 08:52 AM
Thank yooooou!!!!

Anyways, my dress is about 80% complete.

Dragon
09-03-2010, 02:55 AM
Let me know how it turns out and if you need any help or got additional question.

Tabby Catty
09-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Okay, well, great, now I am torn between cosplaying someone from Team Plasma from Pokemon Black and White or Starman from Megaman 5... I would think Starman would be cheaper because cardboard is pretty easy to obtain for free. You just have to know who to ask... but yeah, I need more white fabric for the other half of my fin!

jukebox
09-07-2010, 12:32 AM
I saw some of the previews from the photographer for the Protomen shoot I did. The photos themselves look pretty fantastic, I just feel like you can really tell my outfit was last minute. x___x The arm cannon didn't turn out how I would have liked and I honestly cannot bind, it just does not happen for me. My boyfriend and I agreed we're definitely gonna do a re-shoot later, because we only got a few pictures and I was worn out from doing a Sailor Scout shoot for most of the day. And our Roll took a tumble from dehydration. D:

I'm also definitely going to eventally modify the helmet and do classic Protoman. I tentatively have that one pegged for 2012.

Tabby Catty
09-07-2010, 06:50 AM
Okay, I'm almost done with the dress, I just need to get more white fabric for the second fin and then finish up the sleeves.

Dragon
09-12-2010, 02:22 PM
Tip after wearing the cosplay this weekend and getting into heavy rain thanks to a massive and sudden rainfall: If you can afford it, put bondo or something on the in and outside before putting color on it ><

My Protoman/Blues is now ruined :\
Completely.
My friend (doing Rock/Megaman) who was inside while I got fully catched, got through pretty unscattered, BUT

You should re-enforce the joints. Put a small piece of wonderflex, wood or something similar, stable and hard where you'll put the joints (both the leg-piece and foot-piece). Else there are good chances it will rip out.

On the other hand: Thanks to the rain I at least figured out that the bottom of the shoe I made worked out. We didn't slip anywhere and the sole held despite me walking through water. It was the cardboard that got soaked through and gave in u.u

Tabby Catty
09-13-2010, 01:41 PM
Okay, that's a lot to take in, of course, now I'm thinking that next year's cosplay would be someone from Team Plasma from Pokemon black and white depending on who the commanders are. I will know this week though! However, Starman is still an option.

Well, I'm done with Splash Woman until I get more white fabric.

ManiacMarshall
09-13-2010, 01:59 PM
Does anyone know where I could find a necktie with a skeleton on it?

jukebox
09-21-2010, 12:44 AM
I think your best bet is getting a reletively plain tie and adding the skull with applique or even a bit of paint (a little bit of carefully-applied acrylic can go a long way...)

I may or may not be planning a Tron Bonne for sometime next year... >_> I gotta make sure I have the time and money. It may or may not be next year; I'll have to chat with my Mega and his Roll and see when they wanna do it and can. and SHHH GUYS, I want it to be a surprise when I debut it in my area.

Dragon
09-28-2010, 02:04 PM
I put up the only pics that exist of my Blues, so you can see how it can turn out using my methode as base. (Remember mine wasn't water proof)

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/331380/

Also, both costumes were done within less than a week's worktime (thought split over two months). I recommend taking your time and finding a way or a different material to ensure your robo will be water-safe.

Good luck :)

qurn
09-30-2010, 02:29 AM
Hey guys, This thread inspired me to finally upload some photo's. Sorry about the bad quality of the pics, I had a pretty janky camera. I'm the guy who goes to youmacon every year as Megaman. I'm not certain if I'll drag that one out this year, but I will have a new one that should be even better.

Squeaker-Ed
10-01-2010, 12:29 AM
Hey guys, This thread inspired me to finally upload some photo's. Sorry about the bad quality of the pics, I had a pretty janky camera. I'm the guy who goes to youmacon every year as Megaman. I'm not certain if I'll drag that one out this year, but I will have a new one that should be even better.

I went and looked at your pictures, and it seems like a great job that you did!

Psycho Sukafu
10-01-2010, 10:59 PM
Dragon, I growl at you for being able to make such nice costumes in a week! I take months to make mine. Speaking of which, to join in on the picture spam...

Alia (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2723025/)

Finally got proper pictures of her and a moment to fix them up and post. Now to figure out how to get X done before Halloween. (Yeah, right)

qurn
10-06-2010, 02:27 AM
Thanks guys, I put in a lot of work into these, but they still weren't where I would like them to be. Hopefully this year.

Dragon I really liked what you did with those boots, I went a very different route with mine, but yours ended up looking both more authentic and more cartoony.

Tabby Catty
10-10-2010, 01:22 PM
I think I'll be finished with the fish-tail dress for Splash Woman today! Hopefully I can upload the pictures.

Sarun
10-15-2010, 03:41 PM
Hey guys, my buddy and I are reworking out Metalman/Crashman costumes out of fiberglass and bondo. Good to see other MM cosplayers :)

Tabby Catty
10-23-2010, 04:14 PM
Awesome, I just completed Splash Woman and got my turtle neck and everything, the only thing is I need to repair a seam on one of my gloves.

Peach Knight
03-03-2011, 10:23 PM
Oh hey a Megaman thread!
I know I bothered Sukafu about it but will anyone be attending PAX East this year?
Or have any interest in getting a group together for ACen 2011 or YoumaCon 2011?
Haha I saw your Splash @ Youma this last year Tabby Catty! Its soooo cute!

I'm helping a friend start/finish Ariga's Metal Man and maaaaaaaaybe be doing a Splash Woman myself (We need more sexy robot masters!!), both are planned for Anime Central.
Layer from Megaman X might make an appearance if IRT stops me haha!

I started doing a full mermaid suit for Splash using pieces Sukafu's foam armor idea.

Peach Knight
03-03-2011, 10:32 PM
Woo! A Megaman cosplay thread!
I know I sent a message to Sukafu but will anyone be attending PAX East this year?
I'm trying my best to have/finish Layer from Megaman X8 using Sukafu's foam armor idea (which is both awesome and I big pain in the butt haha!)

Or does anyone have plans to make it to Anime Central or Youma this year?
A friend and myself will be doing Ariga's MetalMan (non Ariga because I'm lazy) Splash Woman (Your's is so cute btw Tabby!)
Although my plans for Splash were to use a mermaid zentai suit and build foam off of it.

<3 <3 <3 Megaman cosplayers!!!

Squeaker-Ed
03-04-2011, 01:03 AM
Woo! A Megaman cosplay thread!
I know I sent a message to Sukafu but will anyone be attending PAX East this year?
I'm trying my best to have/finish Layer from Megaman X8 using Sukafu's foam armor idea (which is both awesome and I big pain in the butt haha!)

Or does anyone have plans to make it to Anime Central or Youma this year?
A friend and myself will be doing Ariga's MetalMan (non Ariga because I'm lazy) Splash Woman (Your's is so cute btw Tabby!)
Although my plans for Splash were to use a mermaid zentai suit and build foam off of it.

<3 <3 <3 Megaman cosplayers!!!
D: I FORGOT ABOUT THIS THREAD!!

ANYWAY, I've been trying to work on Lan Hikari (bahahahahahaha), but his headband's giving me trouble. That, and I want to do his hair accurately- EVEN THOUGH I SHOULDN'T BE HAVING TROUBLE WITH IT ANYWAY, SO LET'S MOVE ON. XD

ARGH, you all are so lucky you can go to conventions....

harmonyisarine
03-09-2011, 10:36 PM
Peach Knight, I don't know if you'll see this, but my friend and I are doing Protomen-inspired versions of Megaman and Protoman on Friday and Sunday at PAX East (the grittyness fits us more than the classic Megaman look, awesome as those designs are). We'll have a Wily, but our Light decided that he didn't want to do it. Boo for him!

Akune-chan
02-11-2012, 03:36 PM
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=232222&highlight=megaman+zero

Can anyone help me out with this? D: I posted a thread in the General Construction forum but I am not sure if it is in the right place. ; 3 ;

Takemaru
02-11-2012, 04:04 PM
http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/223344/

I finished the armor enhancements from X2. Since this is a Rockman thread, I thought I should show it.

Squeaker-Ed
02-12-2012, 04:22 AM
I'm so happy people actually keep posting in this thread, otherwise I would've forgotten about it. o_o On the bright side, I have updates! I've started Higsby and Maylu from Battle Network, Tron's gotten somewhat further in progress, and I've finished Lan as well! (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3087856/)

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=232222&highlight=megaman+zero

Can anyone help me out with this? D: I posted a thread in the General Construction forum but I am not sure if it is in the right place. ; 3 ;
Someone mentioned using sports helmets for Ciel and Zero's helmets. I'm sure there's also helmet tutorials over the web; I think someone may have used a piece of a basketball before to make a helmet, but I'm not entirely sure.

For Ciel's outfit, I can probably say that the black parts can be done with a bodysuit/tights/Underarmour top and bottom if accessible, and the dress and vest being a semi-easy make. Her shoes would probably be.... /rechecks picture/ Okay, the shoes I'm not sure about, but her gloves are just simple white gloves with a thicker wrist part, so all you'd need to do is just sew a stuffed roll of white fabric to the gloves or something.

Zero, however, is something entirely different. (I don't have a lot of knowledge on armor, so I can't help much there. Sorry.) I've also read on another thread you posted about these cosplays that you wanted to have the suit for Zero change color. In order to do that it would need electronics, yes, but I wouldn't know how to go about doing that kind of stuff. (I have thought about using glow sticks attached to the cosplay to make it light up, but that's another story and series altogether.) For the weapons to be see-through, I think you'd need resin/whatever stuff cosplayers use to do clear thing for props. (That other version of Zero that you wanted to do would probably need to have its own suit and helmet and whatnot because of all the detailing and white on it.)

(PJDFKAJSDHFLAHSDKLFJHASDFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF T WHOOPS)

http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/223344/

I finished the armor enhancements from X2. Since this is a Rockman thread, I thought I should show it.
They're coming along good~. :3 Granted I'm not a big fan of X, but eh, his armor sure does look challenging. (As does Volnutt's..... *FFFFFFFFU*)

Takemaru
02-12-2012, 12:17 PM
I'm so happy people actually keep posting in this thread, otherwise I would've forgotten about it. o_o On the bright side, I have updates! I've started Higsby and Maylu from Battle Network, Tron's gotten somewhat further in progress, and I've finished Lan as well! (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3087856/)

Someone mentioned using sports helmets for Ciel and Zero's helmets. I'm sure there's also helmet tutorials over the web; I think someone may have used a piece of a basketball before to make a helmet, but I'm not entirely sure.

For Ciel's outfit, I can probably say that the black parts can be done with a bodysuit/tights/Underarmour top and bottom if accessible, and the dress and vest being a semi-easy make. Her shoes would probably be.... /rechecks picture/ Okay, the shoes I'm not sure about, but her gloves are just simple white gloves with a thicker wrist part, so all you'd need to do is just sew a stuffed roll of white fabric to the gloves or something.

Zero, however, is something entirely different. (I don't have a lot of knowledge on armor, so I can't help much there. Sorry.) I've also read on another thread you posted about these cosplays that you wanted to have the suit for Zero change color. In order to do that it would need electronics, yes, but I wouldn't know how to go about doing that kind of stuff. (I have thought about using glow sticks attached to the cosplay to make it light up, but that's another story and series altogether.) For the weapons to be see-through, I think you'd need resin/whatever stuff cosplayers use to do clear thing for props. (That other version of Zero that you wanted to do would probably need to have its own suit and helmet and whatnot because of all the detailing and white on it.)

They're coming along good~. :3 Granted I'm not a big fan of X, but eh, his armor sure does look challenging. (As does Volnutt's..... *FFFFFFFFU*)

Thanks. I wanted to make up for the big failed X armor from 2011. I walked in the legs and feet for a short time and they work now. I can lift my knees up higher. Plus, my foot soles are protected now. 2012 had better be good to this one.

As for Zero's helmet, I came across a tutorial a while ago and I'd like to show it here.

http://midnightzero.deviantart.com/gallery/?q=helmet#/d1kuy3r

Volnutt can be done. I think it's a matter of light materials and mobility.

Akune-chan
02-12-2012, 12:40 PM
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=274909

Pfft I feel stupid, I posted someone else's thread as my own D8! I am so sorry for that!

As for the tutorial....I do not like how the end product looks....D: I tend to be picky.

Takemaru
02-12-2012, 02:46 PM
When I first used that tutorial, I did some things differently than what was shown (like use a snowboarding helmet covered in cardboard and adding paperclay or whatever).

Whatever you choose to do, good luck.

Akune-chan
02-12-2012, 03:10 PM
But I would like to make the outfit change colors [like I said in the forums]...Is it possible to do that?

Squeaker-Ed
02-13-2012, 01:57 AM
But I would like to make the outfit change colors [like I said in the forums]...Is it possible to do that?

Hurrrrr, I kinda answered that on my earlier post. XD But hell, I'll quote that bit:

Sorry if it's not really helpful.

Dash Nolan
02-13-2012, 05:00 PM
I know I'm kinda coming out of nowhere, but just saying I'm currently working on Zero for Otakon. Here's a prog shot of the helmet as well as a nice shot of the crystal assembly turned on.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt346/Dashren2001/helmprogress52.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt346/Dashren2001/helmprog42.jpg

Akune-chan
02-14-2012, 12:32 PM
I know I'm kinda coming out of nowhere, but just saying I'm currently working on Zero for Otakon. Here's a prog shot of the helmet as well as a nice shot of the crystal assembly turned on.

:O how did you do that?
It looks awesome!

Senkaiguu
02-14-2012, 10:00 PM
Jeez. Sweet helmet. I've been meaning to make a Zero helmet one of these days. Though part of me is saying to work on Forte.

Squeaker-Ed
02-14-2012, 10:53 PM

Oh lordy that's awesome. We look forward to the rest of it!

Dash Nolan
02-15-2012, 11:58 AM
Thanks guys!

:O how did you do that?

I just made a series of panels out of craft paper as a base, then cut the panels out of 1" thick EVA foam. Take a heat gun to the panels to create curves and a shitload of hotglue later and dremel detailing, I've got the helmet.

The crystal is simply three pieces of blue-tinted plastic and a self-contained LED.

I plan to skin it in Krylon Latex Primer and then paint it. Since it's more or less done, I'm taking a break from it to work on the legs and feet.

Senkaiguu
02-16-2012, 11:48 PM
I've wanted to use EVA foam for quite a while. Just to be sure, is it the foam you heat up and bend?

I'd love to use an LED light someday. I'm trying to find the right one for my Giga cannon.

J-tective
06-19-2012, 03:06 AM
Hey guys. So I need some help. I plan on cosplaying Harpuia sometime soon and I've never done anything like this but I'm more than capable of doing it. As far as just putting any kind of Megaman costume on in general, how do most of you guys put it on? Do you use Velcro?

For instance, how would I go about putting the "under wear" part on? (I know it's not "underwear but I'm not sure what else to call it.)
And, how would I be able to slip the arm armor on and off but still have it fit securely on my arms/stay in place? (Same for the legs and boots.)

Also, here's some ref pics:

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100613225707/megaman/images/c/c9/Harpuia_design.jpg
http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/10000000/Harpuia-megaman-and-sonic-the-hedgehog-10071273-1024-768.jpg

Psycho Sukafu
06-19-2012, 07:50 AM
Well it would depend on what you will be making it out of but most people make the parts just big enough they will pull on but wedge once they are in place. Myself when I was making my Zero armour it was all sheets of foam covered in stretch fabric so it pretty much form fitted to me. The parts would still move though and my 'undies' I actually attached to the bodysuit, they still looked ugly. Check out tekuno on the boards here, he and his friends have done more hard armour versions but they do look good. Also checkout the link below, Ryouko building Greiga. Might have to scroll a bit though.
http://www.rockman-exe.com/online/viewtopic.php?t=7262&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=8baedc6c7e060de58a93f478a23923e7

MizutheMage
12-21-2012, 11:09 PM
Not sure if I'm too late to comment, but I'm hoping to cosplay Quickman from Megaman 2, or Classical Megaman. I just wouldn't know where to start, especially with Quickman. I've never made a robot-esque costume. So until I figure out when, these two cosplays will be on the "maybe" list.

Akune-chan
05-31-2013, 09:19 PM
Sadly no updates on my Megaman Cosplays. ; w ;

SpamBot
06-05-2013, 12:46 AM
My friends and I have been cosplaying as Servbots with different facial expressions!

Fanime 2011-2013
SacAnime 2012-13

Squeaker-Ed
06-15-2013, 01:06 AM
Not sure if I'm too late to comment, but I'm hoping to cosplay Quickman from Megaman 2, or Classical Megaman. I just wouldn't know where to start, especially with Quickman. I've never made a robot-esque costume. So until I figure out when, these two cosplays will be on the "maybe" list.

(Heyyy, the thread's still getting comments! :D Sweet!)

On terms of how to start out, I'd recommend getting the easier parts of it finished before starting on the harder stuff. (like getting the bodysuit made first before starting on the armor) Then you could work on how to make the harder stuff!

dvt
06-28-2013, 09:26 PM
Megaman is one of my dream cosplays one day! But that'll be in the future... this'll just be for remembrance for when I actually do do it.. LOL.

p.s. you guys all rock for cosplaying from this AWESOME GAME

Ryouko
07-02-2013, 08:18 PM
I'm currently building my "last hurrah" Rockman costume before officially retiring from cosplay (it's been 15 awesome years! Gettin' old now, lol). Colonel.EXE is on progress to being completed in time for Otakon 2013. :) I will be making a long tutorial on the building progress once it's finished, I just don't have time at the moment due to only 5 weeks left before the con. @_@

Captain Kaiba
07-13-2013, 09:00 AM
I'm gonna be doing Proto Man - the costume isn't even close to being finished because I need to lose weight before I can work on certain parts, but at the same time I feel I'm at the point where I'm just like "fuck it, I'll simply make the cosplay to fit my form better".

I'm thinking I would be better off doing the game version instead of the Ruby-Spears one because the red waistband wouldn't show off my gut as much as the red underoos.

I should also probably just get a grey shirt and pants instead of a full-body grey leotard. I'm kind of worried about the leotard not being flattering to my figure.

Akunei
05-14-2014, 09:08 PM
Suuuup guys!

I am back!
You might remember me as Akune-chan! =]

Update on my Zero cosplay:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=649693495115905&set=pb.352681684817089.-2207520000.1400115977.&type=3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=650242385061016&set=pb.352681684817089.-2207520000.1400115977.&type=3&theater

I went for a more Giro (Megaman ZX)/Humanoid version of Zero and meshed them together since I was getting the hang of Pepakura at the time.

Im currently going to be working on making everything else for the MMZero version of him.

However, I have a question about the X series version of Zero. Does anyone have ANY idea what I could use to get that ponytail of his in the back? I was thinking about putting 3 ponytail clips together but...Idk.

Akunei
06-18-2014, 08:03 PM
Is...this forum pretty dead?

MoF
06-21-2014, 10:57 AM
Yes, people online eventually find the next most interesting forum.

I'm trying to improve upon my sniper joe setup. I have had it wearable and wore it out. I found this as a good informational archive. But not much for activity.

Too late perhaps?

MoF

Squeaker-Ed
06-30-2014, 03:22 AM
Is...this forum pretty dead?

I'm trying to improve upon my sniper joe setup. I have had it wearable and wore it out. I found this as a good informational archive. But not much for activity.

Too late perhaps?

MoF

Yes it's been pretty quiet the past few.... months... or years. I'M SORRY I FAILED AS OP.

If it makes anyone feel better, I did manage to get Lan Hikari done for Halloween 2011, but I don't remember if I posted about it back then....

Edit: I did. /memory fail/

Akunei
09-09-2014, 11:47 PM

Too late perhaps?

MoF

I don't know D:
I used to be here as Akune-chan but...That was like last year. =[ I would really love to see your Sniper Joe though! *goes to stalk through gallery*

Yes it's been pretty quiet the past few.... months... or years. I'M SORRY I FAILED AS OP.

If it makes anyone feel better, I did manage to get Lan Hikari done for Halloween 2011, but I don't remember if I posted about it back then....

Edit: I did. /memory fail/

Haha its okay op! ^^
We all have our moments!

And Im going to stalk to see your Lan cosplay! =D

Jei-Cos
12-07-2014, 01:46 AM
Holy cow this thread is still semi active..AWESOME!!
For a con near Halloween I plan to do Roll Caskett, specifically Mega Man Legends for Playstation, since I remember that more than the others.
I saw my Squall Leonhart idol on here (Score on here) did Mega Man and his friend did Roll, and I always thought her cosplay was amazing, so now I think I'll get it done.