PDA

View Full Version : Looking for MARYLAND Cosplayers

Bara-Chama
08-21-2010, 12:05 AM
I've been trying to build my photography, and so I have to also be doing portraits of people.

If we can arrange a time and date that I'm free, as well as a location I can get to, I'll be happy. I hope to be able to do something with someone and maybe a group. I'm not biased against any cosplays (other than Twilight) and I hope to make a website as a cosplay photographer. If interested, let me know via PM or post!

-- Bara

Bara-Chama
08-21-2010, 02:50 PM
Scheduled Photoshoots:

SEPTEMBER 2010

- September 18 :: spazzerbot [ Ciel Phantomhive ( Kuroshitsuji / Black Butler ) - Pink Dress ]

spazzerbot
08-21-2010, 10:50 PM
Hello!
I'm located in Virginia, but I wouldn't mind driving a ways to meet somewhere.
I'm working on a Ciel Phantomhive cosplay and once it's finished I'd really like to do a photoshoot! It should be done in about two weeks, then I just have to wait for my wig.

I know VA is a ways from you, but I honestly haven't been able to find any photographers in my area! Anyways! Let me know if you're interested or would like more information about anything.

Bara-Chama
08-21-2010, 11:15 PM
Hello!
I'm located in Virginia, but I wouldn't mind driving a ways to meet somewhere.
I'm working on a Ciel Phantomhive cosplay and once it's finished I'd really like to do a photoshoot! It should be done in about two weeks, then I just have to wait for my wig.

I know VA is a ways from you, but I honestly haven't been able to find any photographers in my area! Anyways! Let me know if you're interested or would like more information about anything.

Ah, alright!

So, you're a Ciel Phantomhive looking for a photoshoot. I live in a central area of Maryland. If I could find a place to stay overnight, I may be able to come for a weekend--leave Friday morning and leave Sunday morning from VA. I suppose it would be the same for you. I would prefer to meet in MD, but it depends. First, what weekend would be free. Second, what areas there are. Like here, we have the Renaissance Faire going on now, and for about $20 we might be able to get some nice backdrops there. I don't know.

However, I'm sure we could work something out! VA isn't all that far away, and my dad's in WV, so we could see what the commute would be and if I can spare the time, money, and gas to meet up, huh?

I guess I would like to know your first name and age as well.

I'm Samantha (go by Sam and Bara), and I am 17 years old. Amateur photographer, but I can send you some portraits I've taken of friends through a DeviantART link if you need to see something.

spazzerbot
08-21-2010, 11:38 PM
I'm Victoria, but I go by Tori. I'm 19. ^.^

I'd love to see some of your portraits and other work. I guess through PM or whatever is easiest for you.

My work schedule is very flexible right now, so just about any day would be ok for me as long as I had enough notice.
One of my friends has actually be talking about getting a group together to head to the Ren fair! Maybe it would be possible for me to head up to Maryland early and meet you at the fair or wherever you think would be a nice place to shoot.

This will be my first shoot, so you'll have to bear with me. I've never planned for anything like this before!

dizzylizzy
08-22-2010, 10:23 AM
::waves hi:::

Unfortunately I'm out of commission for a bit since I'm literally about to give birth. ^^;; I'll also pass on the word to a bunch of my buds too that live in MD.

Bara-Chama
08-22-2010, 10:29 AM
::waves hi:::

Unfortunately I'm out of commission for a bit since I'm literally about to give birth. ^^;; I'll also pass on the word to a bunch of my buds too that live in MD.

Awww hello. Congrats! Hope it's not as much of a hellion as I am xD

Thanks a bunch for spreading the word. When you're back in the game, lemme know and I'll schedule a shoot with you ^^

Hakaisha
08-26-2010, 10:14 AM
Hi, I live in the Towson area and would be interested in doing a photoshoot with you sometime. I have a car so I could travel a bit too. Unfortunately, I don't have any really great costumes at the moment, I would however like to just set up a general mode of communication so that when I finish my current project maybe we could set something up :)

Bara-Chama
08-26-2010, 05:07 PM
Hi, I live in the Towson area and would be interested in doing a photoshoot with you sometime. I have a car so I could travel a bit too. Unfortunately, I don't have any really great costumes at the moment, I would however like to just set up a general mode of communication so that when I finish my current project maybe we could set something up :)

Aha! Well, that works out fine ^^

If I may ask, what's your first name and age? Also, what's your project so I can start looking into general locations to shoot the pictures and get something set aside.

Towson's a bit closer than Virginia, thankfully, so we may be able to meet somewhere. We'll have to see, Hakaisha. Also, when do you think your project will be done?

senshi_meiousei
08-28-2010, 05:58 AM
Westminster area here. I'll be available once I come back from Dragon*Con. I have several costumes in my portfolio, but my two new ones that I am debuting next weekend are the ones I'll be the most interested in shooting.

Hakaisha
08-28-2010, 09:43 AM
No problem, my name is Lauren and I'm 20. Currently I'm working on a C.C. outfit from the very last episode of Code Geass R2. Here's a link to the outfit: http://tinyurl.com/399uelx It looks fairly simple but I'm still a novice when it comes to cosplaying so I'm looking to hopefully have it done within the next 2 months. >.<U

Bara-Chama
08-28-2010, 02:37 PM
Westminster area here. I'll be available once I come back from Dragon*Con. I have several costumes in my portfolio, but my two new ones that I am debuting next weekend are the ones I'll be the most interested in shooting.

Alrighty, nice to hear~! I've generally got a busy schedule because school starts up for me on Tuesday, but I'll try to make time for you. If you'd like, we could have a conversation in PMs to see what we can do, eh? If I may ask name, age, and cosplay?

No problem, my name is Lauren and I'm 20. Currently I'm working on a C.C. outfit from the very last episode of Code Geass R2. Here's a link to the outfit: http://tinyurl.com/399uelx It looks fairly simple but I'm still a novice when it comes to cosplaying so I'm looking to hopefully have it done within the next 2 months. >.<U

Ah, alright! Plenty of time for school to calm down. I think I'll move this conversation to the PM system so we can discuss locations for the shoot ^^

And you are better than I. I can't make my own cosplays. I actually adapt regular clothing for cosplays like my Death one that I will have up soon. I'm not good at cosplaying, unfortunately.

dizzylizzy
08-28-2010, 11:18 PM
Bara-chama-

When you get a moment, can you PM me your email address so that I have it for later down the road... if this baby ever comes out of my belly!!!

Btw, are you going to Anime USA?

Bara-Chama
08-29-2010, 08:20 PM
Bara-chama-

When you get a moment, can you PM me your email address so that I have it for later down the road... if this baby ever comes out of my belly!!!

Btw, are you going to Anime USA?

I'll PM it now ^^

No, I'm sticking to Otakon. Maybe in 2012, I'll expand cons, but Otakon is next year's one-and-only.

Aer
08-29-2010, 11:49 PM
Heh I live in MD. Was gonna go to ren fest much later though when it cools down outside ;p

Bara-Chama
08-30-2010, 11:14 AM
Heh I live in MD. Was gonna go to ren fest much later though when it cools down outside ;p

So was I, but this is the only weekend my Dad's free, so we're going Saturday xD

Imma die in a mostly black costume. Seriously. xD

asakura R
09-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Heyo, i live in Rockvill, MD and i've been looking for official photos for a while. I would love to give my AUSA cosplays a dry run b4 the con.

Bara-Chama
09-07-2010, 04:08 PM
Heyo, i live in Rockvill, MD and i've been looking for official photos for a while. I would love to give my AUSA cosplays a dry run b4 the con.

Okay, then! You can send a message with your name or nickname, age, and any free dates to me ^^ Also, be sure to lemme know what the cosplays are so I can scope the local areas for suitable spots ^^

SeleneHino
09-29-2010, 03:25 AM
Hmm Hi I'm from Upper Marlboro Maryland maybe watched to see if I can do a shoot before AnimeUSA before it get to cold for my cosplay that I'm using maybe for a skit

Bara-Chama
09-29-2010, 05:12 PM
Hmm Hi I'm from Upper Marlboro Maryland maybe watched to see if I can do a shoot before AnimeUSA before it get to cold for my cosplay that I'm using maybe for a skit

Alrighty! I'm on Kent Island, so I guess we'll see, huh? I don't know when AnimeUSA is, and I don't know when I'm free or not free that you are. Care to move to PMs to figure this out?

SeleneHino
09-30-2010, 03:17 AM
Alrighty! I'm on Kent Island, so I guess we'll see, huh? I don't know when AnimeUSA is, and I don't know when I'm free or not free that you are. Care to move to PMs to figure this out?

That's fine