PDA

View Full Version : Germany, North Italy, and South Italy cosplay?

Invader Aoi
08-21-2010, 11:10 PM
Hi, so my friends and I are planning on cosplaying Germany, Italy, and South Italy from Hetalia.

My question is - does anyone have any tips? Should I try and buy their jackets/tops/whatever from thrift stores or something, or should I sew them?

Just any tips would be appreciated. Thank you! ^^

ametheneko
08-31-2010, 10:00 PM
Hey! My group of Hetalia cosplayers is rather large, and although I'm our France, I still manage to help the Germany and two Italys with their costumes. When it comes to the shirts under their outfits, I'd suggest just thrifting those. Any old black male dress shirt would work for under Nitaly's, for example. As for the rest of the outfit, it might be a bit difficult to fid pants to match a jacket that you like. I'd advise sewing those or finding a costume online.

I'm trying to think of anything else...

Oh! For Nitalys boots, those little flaps that hang over? I'd suggest just making those out of some sort of cheap fabric and securing them to the inside. It saves soooo much money and really looks fine.

I can't think of anything else at the moment, but if you need any more help, feel free to PM me or post here!

Invader Aoi
09-03-2010, 05:43 PM
Thank you very much, that's very helpful!

Ray-chan
09-06-2010, 05:51 PM
I caution you against purchasing Hetalia cosplays from e-bay. I tried to get a Germany cosplay online on e-bay, the picture looked perfect, and I paid quite a bit for it but when it arrived it was the color of N.Italy! I had two weeks to run frantically to a fabric store and get a fabric in the right color and ripped the commissioned one apart for use as a pattern. It was a very expensive mistake trying to get it on ebay instead of making it myself in the first place.