PDA

View Full Version : Which Bakura Wig....

Liberty53000
08-22-2010, 11:38 AM
Ok, so I'm cosplaying as Ryou and I know a lot of people have gotten the punky wig for his hair. But I also really like the cosworx Long Scruffy. Has anyone used this one?
Which do you prefer for Ryou Bakura's hair?
Punky: http://www.amphigory.com/wigs_punky.html
OR
Long Scruffy: http://shop.cosplay.com/wigs/cosworx/scruffy-l.html

Lady Shinsei
08-22-2010, 02:32 PM
I'd say that the Long Scruffy suits Ryou far far more than the Punky.

(in my opinion, Punky is only good if you're doing Yami Bakura & styling it)

Reisana-chan
08-22-2010, 02:41 PM
The scruffy is much better IMO, and as Lady_Shinsei said, Punky more suits Yami Bakura :3

Sen-chan
08-22-2010, 04:58 PM
I commissioned a girl for my Ryou wig, because I was lazy. And she used the Punky XL from cosworx for it. I asked her, because I loved it and it was absolutely beautiful. I hope to have images up for it at some point. I can't find the ones she took before she sent it to me, but it was lovely. It was heavily styled, though.

RadRage
08-31-2010, 06:03 PM
Scruffy seems like it wouldnt be "big" enough. Plus, I have a scruffy long and depending on the size of your head it may not fit the way it does on the head in the picture. I still think scruffy would look good if styled correctly though.

Liberty53000
09-01-2010, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the help!

I've got another Bakura related question and didn't want to make a seperate post about it...
but should I do about his pants? I am assuming they are denim jeans, but it looks like he wears some pretty tight pants. This is kind of a problem because I would like to hide my figure... but I don't want to get the costume incorrect.
Any solutions/tips?

RadRage
09-01-2010, 11:17 PM
I think he wears more of a trouser instead of jeans, but I've seen a lot of people do jeans so I'm sure it doesnt matter too much. I cant really tell you as far as figure hiding but...(I'm sorry i lurked you O_O) you dont AT ALL seem to have a figure worth hiding, man if I looked like you I'd be stripped naked all the time. Anyone can look good in a pair of pants as long as they're fitted correctly, I suggest going into a tailor or asking someone who can see you personally and tell you which pant choice would be best for you.

Liberty53000
09-03-2010, 11:21 AM
I think he wears more of a trouser instead of jeans, but I've seen a lot of people do jeans so I'm sure it doesnt matter too much. I cant really tell you as far as figure hiding but...(I'm sorry i lurked you O_O) you dont AT ALL seem to have a figure worth hiding, man if I looked like you I'd be stripped naked all the time. Anyone can look good in a pair of pants as long as they're fitted correctly, I suggest going into a tailor or asking someone who can see you personally and tell you which pant choice would be best for you.

B'awww! You're too nice! XD
I've seen the jean thing a lot too, so I might just see if I can find a trouser. If not I'll fall back on the jeans. Meh.