PDA

View Full Version : Sailor Neptune wig

aznaphrodite
09-29-2003, 10:18 PM
I need some advice on a wig for Sailor Neptune. I started looking at reference pics and pics of other cosplayers and then I realized there are so many different styles of Neptune wigs out there! Even the various Sera Myu Neptune actresses had different wigs!

I picked out a few pictures of Neptune wigs that I liked below. Keeping in mind that I want to use it for Sera Myu and anime cosplay, which do you like the best? Please also keep in mind I'm not asking you to judge how the cosplayer looks in the wig. Please judge the style of wig themselves.

Here's a link to the poll on the Cosplay community on LiveJournal:

Sailor Neptune wig poll (http://www.livejournal.com/community/cosplay/572479.html)

Unforunately, only LiveJournal users can vote. If you can't vote, I would appreciate any comments you have on your favorite wig!

Michi
09-29-2003, 11:11 PM
Err, the graphics didn't show up, but I saw the photos you posted in the Cosplay LJ.

Some of those wigs are custom ones, so you won't always be able to find the exact same wig. ^^; You might have to get it custom made yourself..

aznaphrodite
09-29-2003, 11:22 PM
Yeah, I think most of the teal ones are custom. It's hard to find that color "stock". I'd be willing to get it custom but I still can't decide what kind of style I like best. :thumbsup:

Railiens
09-30-2003, 02:43 PM
I almost bought a Sailor Neptune wig, and it looked exactly like the first one from the Cosplay LJ post. I think it is most accurate to Sailor Neptune, if you want to go for accuracy. Like Michi said, though, not one of those wigs looks like it was bought like that. You have may to style your wig or get a custom made one.

Good luck ^^

Arisugawa Juri
09-30-2003, 09:21 PM
My wig (the second one on the poll) was actually purchased as-is from deviouswigs.com . Might save a bit of trouble style-wise.

Koumori
09-30-2003, 09:40 PM
You'll need to do some custom color work if you want to get a nice teal color. Any of those wigs looks fine - I would say, just look at pictures from the specific costume/version you want to do, and go based on that. It wouldn't be too hard to switch from one costume to another; you could do some minimal restyling and be fine.

Koumori
09-30-2003, 09:41 PM
You'll need to do some custom color work if you want to get a nice teal color. Any of those wigs looks fine - I would say, just look at pictures from the specific costume/version you want to do, and go based on that. It wouldn't be too hard to switch from one costume to another; you could do some minimal restyling and be fine.

aznaphrodite
10-01-2003, 12:53 PM
My wig (the second one on the poll) was actually purchased as-is from deviouswigs.com . Might save a bit of trouble style-wise.

Thanks for the info! It seems to be the favorite on the Cosplay LJ Community by a landslide! :bigtu:

VashzMynBackOff
10-03-2003, 08:46 PM
Well, if there's really not one wig out there that you can style, you can buy if hand-made by Katie Bair who already quoted it for $74 (excluding shipping). For a hand made wig, I'd have to say it's a pretty cheap price.