PDA

View Full Version : Help With Getting That Figure

neko_boy_ko_kun
08-23-2010, 04:26 PM
Hi, all.

I need some help and maybe motivation for getting a more feminine figure for my next cosplay. I want to do a Haven Trooper (MGS4) cosplay. The only thing is, I don't quite have the desired figure. I'm 5'8 and weigh in at 195 lbs. and I'm also a male. Needless to say, I'm a little bit on the chubby side.

Back during the winter I lost around 30 lbs. by playing DDR nonstop and drinking Slimfast. I thought I could keep this up, but I guess I kinda fell off, heh heh.

As previously stated, I need help getting a feminine, or at least lean, figure. I'm back to doing the Slimfast thing and I'm getting back to jogging and playing DDR. Could anyone give me any advice on what to do? I've heard of the Zumba craze and I'm kinda interested in it. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Chirudesu
08-23-2010, 10:13 PM
Well seeing as though you're of the man-variety, you'll probably never have a female's body without help. You might need a girdle or corset to get the hourglass shape regardless of how toned you are. And have you considered stuffing in certain parts to make a bust/hips?

As far as exercise, I'll leave that up to someonw with a nice man-body XDD Good luck!

SamuriSmurfX
08-23-2010, 10:45 PM
I'm heading to the gym soon so i'm brief for the moment.

One piece of advice though, if you actually want this as your real figure or even temporarily. With the previous suggestion of a corset, you are going to want to focus strictly on weight loss and by that I mean cardio and proper nutrition in the loads. Then pray you have a figure that supports the girlish look.

Man-Muscle doesn't look good in a corset, I know.

neko_boy_ko_kun
08-24-2010, 04:07 PM
I've kinda considered buying a corset. But, if nothing else, I'll start doing plenty of cardio and eating right.

Thanks n.n

NiwaNiwa
08-24-2010, 04:13 PM
:3 good luck!
If you want to try a corset i recommend wearing it several days before so you get used to it xD

neko_boy_ko_kun
08-24-2010, 04:47 PM
:3 good luck!
If you want to try a corset i recommend wearing it several days before so you get used to it xD

Thanks n.n

One question. Would the corset's effects be permanent or would my body reconfigure? I know, it's a dumb question -.- I just gotta know XD

SamuriSmurfX
08-24-2010, 11:25 PM
Your body would reconfigure incase you went through extensive corset training. ^EXTENSIVE* and it could F'K up your organs - but then again, what doesn't?

neko_boy_ko_kun
08-25-2010, 04:13 PM
Your body would reconfigure incase you went through extensive corset training. ^EXTENSIVE* and it could F'K up your organs - but then again, what doesn't?

Many thanks,

I'll add you on Facebook. My image should be that of me wearing a blue cloth around my mouth and nose.

Rjr3412
08-26-2010, 09:21 AM
A corset will only have long term, serious effects on the body if worn over a long amount of time, gradually lacing tighter and tighter.

For a one time thing, which a decent corset will be sorta expensive for, if you can breathe than you're probably fine.

The really serious organ shifting/body recomp is a gradual process.

On a different note, I do not, I repeat, NOT recommend only eating Slim Fasts.

Overpriced, under nutritious and too low on calories.

Look up some info on proper nutrition, figure out how many calories you want to eat in a day and then stick to it. Do your cardio, lift weights 3 times a week, and get in better shape (if you really don't want to do weights, at least do body weight exercises, like squats, pushups, pullups etc.)

distantarray
08-26-2010, 11:17 AM
A corset will only have long term, serious effects on the body if worn over a long amount of time, gradually lacing tighter and tighter.

For a one time thing, which a decent corset will be sorta expensive for, if you can breathe than you're probably fine.

Look up some info on proper nutrition, figure out how many calories you want to eat in a day and then stick to it. Do your cardio, lift weights 3 times a week, and get in better shape (if you really don't want to do weights, at least do body weight exercises, like squats, pushups, pullups etc.)

^ this. Slime fast high calories, high carbs, low protein = fail.

Low Calories, High Protein, and low carbs = Win = Protein shakes

Sugar makes people more hungry and thirsty, slime fast (i typo on purpose for my hate for the product) will just make you want to spend more and more on it, a good protein shake should have 20+ grams of protein. Slim fast only has 9 and more sugar than a can of soda.

neko_boy_ko_kun
08-26-2010, 05:11 PM
^ this. Slime fast high calories, high carbs, low protein = fail.

Low Calories, High Protein, and low carbs = Win = Protein shakes

Sugar makes people more hungry and thirsty, slime fast (i typo on purpose for my hate for the product) will just make you want to spend more and more on it, a good protein shake should have 20+ grams of protein. Slim fast only has 9 and more sugar than a can of soda.

I see. It makes sense. I do feel hungry and rather give out when I only have a slim fast. Also, I need more energy throughout the day and such. Thank you both for the suggestions. What are some good protein shakes that I could buy?

AirRaverChibi
08-27-2010, 02:13 AM
I see. It makes sense. I do feel hungry and rather give out when I only have a slim fast. Also, I need more energy throughout the day and such. Thank you both for the suggestions. What are some good protein shakes that I could buy?

Try EAS 100% Whey Protein. It has 23 grams of protein. It has really helped my fiance and I. It's great after workouts and helps the muscles not break down too much so you don't have as much soreness the next day. We buy ours at Sam's for $30 for 5 pounds.

distantarray
08-27-2010, 03:05 AM
Try EAS 100% Whey Protein. It has 23 grams of protein. It has really helped my fiance and I. It's great after workouts and helps the muscles not break down too much so you don't have as much soreness the next day. We buy ours at Sam's for $30 for 5 pounds.

careful with EAS it's a decent protein, but it's Whey protein concentrate and does not contain any lactase so if your lactose intolerant (like me) I'd hit the gym and leave a trail of gas along the way XD

Optimum Nutrition is good 100% gold standard, it contains lactase so it's good for you.

http://www.tfsupplements.com/store/cart.php?m=product_list&v=105

Here's a link towards a good one it's called pro-nos tastes great, and it's on sale at my favorite site :) it's usually $60 for 3 pounds, but $20 for 3 pounds now, mag5 coupon code for extra 5% off.

Also Muscle Tech is good but contains a little bit of creatine so I'd probably stick to just Optimum Nutrition and Pro-Nos, Optimum is best and consitantly well priced though, if you get hooked on pro-nos buy a lot before it goes off sale XD

PhDPepper
08-27-2010, 10:23 PM
Oh, i have a guide that may help out a bit. Its not necessarily for your character but its what i did when i was sculpting for Kuja. Journal Link (http://www.cosplay.com/journal/6219/)

As a guy you can drop your body fat percentage pretty darn low, so you can get pretty slim. The hourglassing may be a bit tricky though because guys typically don't store quite as much fat into the thigh area, so you really need to beef up those muscles, especially the stabilizers and hamstrings, to round out the thighs.

I actually looked up the haven trooper and it looks entirely doable. I'm making a MGS5 Rising Raiden cosplay, and with armoring, you can actually play with the armor quite a bit. I'd personally add extra padding to the thighs, and outer shoulders to hourglass yourself, and have the clothing on the stomach area pinch in a little. This is what Vinyl/foam armor looks like, its a Work in Progress picture Link (http://fav.me/d2x11pk)

You can also play with the lines on your Haven trooper to visually taper yourself too. The black vinyl body piece, instead of cutting in like a box that goes up and down, cut it with a slight trapazoidal shape, stuff like that.

artemis5096
08-28-2010, 05:25 PM
Well, a lot of getting slim is what you eat. I didn't realize that until recently, and when I started eating better, I looked better and felt better.

neko_boy_ko_kun
08-30-2010, 04:25 PM
Oh, i have a guide that may help out a bit. Its not necessarily for your character but its what i did when i was sculpting for Kuja. Journal Link (http://www.cosplay.com/journal/6219/)

As a guy you can drop your body fat percentage pretty darn low, so you can get pretty slim. The hourglassing may be a bit tricky though because guys typically don't store quite as much fat into the thigh area, so you really need to beef up those muscles, especially the stabilizers and hamstrings, to round out the thighs.

I actually looked up the haven trooper and it looks entirely doable. I'm making a MGS5 Rising Raiden cosplay, and with armoring, you can actually play with the armor quite a bit. I'd personally add extra padding to the thighs, and outer shoulders to hourglass yourself, and have the clothing on the stomach area pinch in a little. This is what Vinyl/foam armor looks like, its a Work in Progress picture Link (http://fav.me/d2x11pk)

You can also play with the lines on your Haven trooper to visually taper yourself too. The black vinyl body piece, instead of cutting in like a box that goes up and down, cut it with a slight trapazoidal shape, stuff like that.

I love your Raiden costume.

I've thought about padding the thigh area a little. I love the idea about playing around with the vinyl and shoulder pads. I've taken a look at your workout plan and I think I could use a good bit of it to my advantage. I have a good supply of green tea at my house, w007.

Thank you so much for the advice.