PDA

View Full Version : Got the figure... but need to lose the stomach...

MDA
08-23-2010, 09:10 PM
So, as early as late next year (so at least by November 2011) I'd like to be slimmed down in the stomach for a cosplay that I have planned to surprise my boyfriend with. Velvet Valentine. Yeah. Ambitious? Yes. Can I do it? I hope so.

I have an hour glass figure naturally which I find makes revealing cosplays better (to me anyway, that's just my opinion). The natural curves help a lot. But, I've seen a lot of people who have the hour glass figure naturally, lose it when the lose their stomach if they're built that way. And I don't really want to lose that lovely figure, just the stomach.

Am I just being paranoid? Or could that actually happen?

Also... any tips for losing just the stomach? (It's really my only problem area besides under my chin)

Suiseiseki0284
08-23-2010, 09:48 PM
Well, I'm FAR from an expert.. but from what I've heard, you really can't just lose weight in -one- spot.
But if you have a natural hour glass figure, I don't see how you could lose it, unless you lost significant weight in your chest as well. There's a difference between having naturally wide set hips, and carrying fat on your hips, I think.

for the record I lost around 30 lbs and my measurements went from 46, 41, 46 to 41-33-40 Which I believe is in hourglass territory.

Above info is most likely wrong and not helpful

Flora88
08-23-2010, 10:17 PM
I'm an hourglass, and from my weight loss/gain/maintenance experience, hourglasses don't change shape when they lose weight.
They just become smaller hourglasses.
You'll have the same proportions, just smaller.
Don't worry. You can't just magically lose all your curves. You have to really be trying for that to happen. It sounds like you don't want to lose much weight anyway, in which case this won't be a problem at all.

Your stomach (which, if you're an hourglass, is your smallest part) will get smaller, just as everything else does, and you'll keep your proportions.
You may lose weight in, say, your boobs first, or your hips first or something, but don't be alarmed. The rest of you will catch up and you'll be proportional again very quickly.

Oh, and planks and side planks help. :)

Chocolahime
08-23-2010, 10:18 PM
Firstly no you cannot specifically target one area, your body basically decides where to lose the weight. And really someone who is has an hour glass figure but loses it when they lose their belly fat well.... that doesn't really sound like someone who is a natural hour glass that sounds like someone who has an excess of fat but just so happens to gain weight on the hips and boobs slightly faster then the stomach.
For example when I gain weight it goes right to my belly, not boobs or bum. So if I gained enough weight I would eventually change from my box shape to an apple shape. Does that mean I am naturally an apple shape?
If you are naturally a hourglass shape then you will just be a smaller hour glass at the end of this. So it's up to your body to decide.

tsuoi_kaze
08-23-2010, 11:27 PM
Don't worry, you're not the only one who is paranoid about that. Even at my current size I'm still an hourglass, I just have a big gut/arms/thighs to go with. I have this weird fear that by losing those I'll also lose my figure, and then I still won't be happy with my body because I'll have lost the one thing I kind of liked about it.

But I'm trying to lose at least 40lbs, you don't sound like you're wanting to lose nearly that much, so you'll probably be fine. Hourglass shape depends more on bone structure than fat content (hence why I'm worried, I have no idea which one I am).

artemis5096
08-28-2010, 04:32 PM
Well, I'm sort of in the same boat. I have an hourglass figure and I'd like to burn the fat off my stomach. Problem is, I exercise for something like 2 hours a day and I see results everywhere except my stomach. Not my boobs either, which is a little surprising. And so after two years of this steady exercising, I've come to realize that it really isn't the amount you work out, but where your body stores fat. As for my stomach... well, I'm trying. Anyway, I'm sure if you start to get active, you'll shed pounds all over :) Good luck!

Taigisu
08-30-2010, 04:30 PM
I myself am curvy, yet my figure has more to do with bone structure. Got wider hips than most.
You gotta keep up with cardio and avoid salts as that makes you retain water.

in any case, If you were to bust your booty with cardio, cut down on salts, and worked on toning up, you should still sustain that hour glass figure. I admit, your bust size will go down, bu not too much. your all around look will just become tighter. Like the look you are going for :3

considering you have until next year,I suggest you slowly start the changes so you don't burn out too early. The success of your workout depends A LOT on your eating habits. Starve yourself and you'll body will store any once of food you actually do eat. I suggest 5-7 small meals throughout the day.

Get a workout buddy if you can. Helps keep you motivated (usually) :]

juusanbantaigrr
09-01-2010, 06:20 AM
Try hitting some machines that strengthen the front abdominal walls. I have an hourglass and I used to have a belly that tightened up quite a bit after a few weeks of using such machines. Trust me, if anything, you'll make your hourglass *more* defined by loosing your belly. :D