PDA

View Full Version : WOW armor

GirlyDarkChii
08-25-2010, 12:57 AM
Okay, So this is going to be my very first cosplay that I've ever made. [GASP!] I know shocking... lol I've decided on making a Draenai Priest cosplay from World of Warcraft. I have help already on making my horns that's not a problem but I would like to know if there's a way to make breast armor? Sorta like this:

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m11/GirlyDarkChii/Untitled-3.jpg

But actually made out of something hard that would actually support on boobs. Trouble is, they're heavy and pretty big(32DD). To me at least. XD So anyway, question is really what materials do I use and how int he world would I go about doing this?? I mean, is there instructions somewhere maybe?? HELP! DX

catfetus
08-25-2010, 02:41 AM
Are you planning on wearing it like that or sleeveless?
Because I am lazy, I would just get a bra and alter it.
Or another short-cut option would be to use a bra underneath it to support your boobs and make the external bra out of something more simple to work with like craft foam.

Are you wanting it to look like metal or fabric?

I've never seen some in person, but would Wonderflex be able to support them?
I would say make the base of it (the cup) out of wonderflex or cardboard (craft foam alone might not be a strong enough base), and then to harden it you probably have a decent sized choice of materials. I just had a life-altering experience with resin+fiberglass and Bondo :D I love how it turned out so much, hard as rock (but I was making a helmet and not a bra)! (but possibly a lot more work than you'd want to do on boob cups, hopefully someone else can suggest something better)

Then once you have a solid enough base you should be safe to do the gold designs with paperclay or something more brittle that is easier to mold and shape. I think even Wonderflex would be able to do a decent job.

Xaevier
08-25-2010, 03:09 AM
I think wearing 2 bras would essentially be best as catfetus said. You would basically just have a base bra that you are comfortable with underneath and then have the decorative one over that which could be made from all sorts of things ranging from craft foam, wonderflex, paper mache if you feel adventurous :p

Pretty much any sort of normal armor making techniques would work as long as you made sure it attached to or went over the normal bra. Because I highly doubt wonderflex or craft foam alone would be reliable enough to support a good amount of weight without you being constantly paranoid about slipping out.

Sethora
08-25-2010, 10:04 AM
I'mma reffer these guys again. Organic Armor. (http://www.organicarmor.com/) They do latex-y stuff, and it's supposed to be really comfy. It's expensive, but I think that if you're no good with sculpting yourself, buying is always the alternative.

raeliste
08-25-2010, 10:11 AM
I'm working on draenei priestess "armor" myself right now. I've found the best way to do these pieces is by getting a support shaper as a base. This will hold the girls up properly and you won't have to worry about a million bras. Then you can cover it in fabric, even add interfacing, and build up from there. Wonderflex would definitely be the way to go or latex if you can figure that method out (I can't!).

Good luck!

okageo
08-25-2010, 02:15 PM
craftfoam will bend if heated. and as for design i would use hot glue since it give more smoother look details. i did that with my legend of dragoon armor

Psycho Sukafu
08-25-2010, 11:29 PM
Hmm, I think I'll agree with raeliste and advise covering a bra with fabric. Especially if you use stretch fabric it should be fairly easy to figure out. Just be aware you'll end up with a seam/dart or two to smooth it out. It's not WoW related but check This link (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2642950/) to see me in a 'boobplate'. It doesn't have the details but might give you and idea of what you can get. Also check out the leather armour guide in the resource thread, the author goes over making a different version there.

Now if your really looking to exaggerate your *ahem* assets, I'd check out the crossplay section of the forum. There is a thread of guys looking for suggestions there. There's really only so much a padded bra will do sadly. (Looks at own small chest):(

Aer
08-26-2010, 12:46 AM
I just finished my Sylvanas (no pics yet sorry, next weekend! :P) and for the boobie armor I formed wonderflex around a bra, paperclayed it, then did the filigree/detailing with model magic. Its all attached to a bra as the base. Worked well enough for me.

Davence
09-11-2010, 01:15 PM
You also have another option, one which i will be using to hook up my homeboy fiancees witchblade costume. Basically get your self some eps foam, you can buy some here : http://hotwirefoamfactory.com/home.php, buy the foam the hot wire foam cutter and some glue all from the same spot.

You can basically craft yourself that bra piece, and once you r done sculpting all the pieces and have glued them into place. You can use a liquid plastic called smooth cast 321, just buy the trial size as it comes with more then enough to get the job done a few times over. Once you have sealed the foam with this it will become very hard (the more layers you smooth on the more durable it will become). Once it has tried fully you can add in straps to go around the back with strong velcro / hook bindings to support your blessings there.

My friends fiancee is an E cup and so far it is working out well for her, i am still building it but the times she has tried it on we have had her to bounce around a bit and everything has held in place. So i am confident this will work for you. if you have anymore questions feel free to hit me up!