PDA

View Full Version : Need help getting in shape

LunaBell87
08-25-2010, 07:00 PM
I am 5'2 and 125 pounds, with a small body frame. I want to get down around 100 pounds, I have some tummy pooch that makes me feel really self-conscious. I want to lose weight and get rid of my stomach pooch, so I can feel better about cosplaying.

Whats the best way to get rid of my stomach pooch? I would love to join a gym, the one around here is freaking expensive. I live in apartment, no room for exercise equipment and where I live, gangs are taking over and people get mugged in the daylight. So, I am scared going out. Anything I can do at home without equipment that can help?

Also, I hear water helps you feel full, but every time I drink water, I feel more hungry. I feel hungry a lot which I am sure doesn't help, I can eat, and then feel hungry right after, anyone know why?

Anyway, I just needs tips and things. Thanks~

JETG!RL
08-25-2010, 07:17 PM
There are several things you can do. Change up your diet to a healthy one that suits you--get rid of any junk food* and portion out your meals. Snacks here and there are fine. Moderation is also the key to diet--it's easy to eat too much of something. So be sure to watch what you eat! (*Though I believe it's fine to reward yourself with a little treat, say like a donut or something once and a while.)

Core exercises work excellently if you're looking to get toned in your abdominal region when paired with a healthy, moderate diet. You could google "core exercises" and you'll find tons of routines you can do. Remember to also pair your core exercises with cardio and strength exercises and alternate between these in the week. For example, one day for cardio, one day for strength and repeat. You can google workouts for those too! :)

Good luck! And remember to stay hydrated.

LunaBell87
08-25-2010, 07:56 PM
Thanks, I do need to lay off the junk food, dang my sweet tooth.

I will look into those, do you think there are free exercise videos out there? I can pull videos from my pc to my tv. So if I could find free ones, that would be nice.

Also, I forgot to add. I have " Military Neck" I have no C curve in my neck, it's being fixed but until then, I get bad headaches and neck pain. Even walking can bring on the pain, so what safe exercises can I do that won't hurt my neck?

JETG!RL
08-26-2010, 12:02 AM
I've found some on youtube. And I'm sure some of the sites you'll run into during your search can provide some footage. It's great to be able to see what the exercise looks like and how it should be done properly! No use injuring yourself, right? What you have sounds absolutely painful and annoying! That sucks. But as far as not hurting your neck while exercising, I'm not sure... Your neck is pretty vital in most activities.

I say do some research, maybe give a few exercises a try and see how it suits you and your condition. Plus, you want to start out with short exercises anyway. :)

ChocoAndCigs
08-26-2010, 12:12 AM
Even if drinking water makes you hungry it's still super good for you. Not only in losing weight but keeping a clear complexion. ^^ So maybe drink water instead of milk or soda whenever possible. Even if you go out to eat. It sounds kind of hard but after the first few times just grabbing a water instead of a soda or whatnot it's easy.
As for working on the stomach pooch (I lawled at that by the way. Never heard it be called "pooch" before) There miigghhtt be an exercise that won't hurt your neck.
THIS:
http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-do-the-scissors-ab-exercise-with-an-exercise-ball

Minus the ball. xDDDD
Uhmmm... I hope this helps? Go easy on those sit ups by the way. If you do try 'um and it doesn't hurt. They're intense. O.O

Iclyn
08-26-2010, 07:14 AM
Some of the best advice I can give you is that you do NOT want to build up your abs if you have any fat over them. Your ab muscles will just push out the fat. First you should just focus on cardio and gaining muscle in places where you do not have excess fat. This will make you look nice and toned and having more muscle means you burn more calories. After you have lost whatever you want to lose on your tummy then focus on ab workouts if you want to get toned there.

If you constantly feel hungry then you need to constantly eat so that you wont binge, over eat, or deprive yourself. So instead of making large meals make small ones and eat through the day so that you are getting the same calories and never feel hungry. This actually also speeds up your matabolism because you aren't overbearing your system with huge meals and then huge lapses of time between them. If you can't eat through the day because of your schedule or something then eat slowly, not infront of the t.v., computer or anything that will distract you. Try to sit in the quiet, eating slowly and maybe taking a few sips of water in between bites. You will get full very quickly and not that sick kind of full that you get when you eat too fast.

You should also use smaller plates and try not to fill them to the brim because you will feel the need to eat everything that is infront of you. Start with a small portion and then go back to get more after you are done if you wish.

If you don't like water then pour some crystal lite into it. It's about 5 calories for a big glass of water and they taste good.

I can't think of anything else at the moment but I hope some of this helps you! PM me if you have any questions!