PDA

View Full Version : Grell Sutcliff's Jacket!

roidrage
08-29-2010, 11:58 PM
surprisingly, this is the hardest thing for me to obtain. I am wanting a very EXACT match, so my restricted sewing ability is not something I would like to trust on starting from fabric & thread.*I can modify the black bits, buttons & bow; the long red base would be fine.

I've searched the thrift store racks & every store I could think of to have something similar. however, a coat suitable for Grell is a near imposibility to find here in Florida even during winter.

Reference: http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo268/shruushruu/67f6e03a.jpg

any suggestions? thank you in advance! <3

Ends Beginning
08-30-2010, 01:46 PM
I couldn't find anything either and I live in New England. I ended up buying my jacket on Ebay from a top rated seller and it looks great. They even sent me some little gifts. A Chibi Grell Figure, a Chibi Sebastion Figure, a Chibi Lau Keychain, a Chibi Claude, and a plushy bear phone charm that says "I love you" when you press it's belly. ^///^
If it comes down to it I'd say order from Cosmonde on Ebay they are great.

Rikuzue
08-30-2010, 07:42 PM
If you don't want to make it yourself you'll either have to get it comissioned or buy it off of ebay or something like that.

>< Finding things at thrift stores is a hit and miss. Sometimes you luck out and find just the right thing, other times....not so much.

roidrage
08-30-2010, 10:13 PM
I couldn't find anything either and I live in New England. I ended up buying my jacket on Ebay from a top rated seller and it looks great. They even sent me some little gifts. A Chibi Grell Figure, a Chibi Sebastion Figure, a Chibi Lau Keychain, a Chibi Claude, and a plushy bear phone charm that says "I love you" when you press it's belly. ^///^
If it comes down to it I'd say order from Cosmonde on Ebay they are great.

oh my, I would squeal at the top of my lungs if I were to receive those little trinkets with my order. <3 could you tell me from what fabric the coat was made? or if you don't know, what it is.. like. I apologize that my words are failing me. Cx is the collar on it precise?~

also, @Rikuzue;
sadly, thrift stores has done me no good in my cosplays. we have a decently sized Good Will in my town, along with other such shops, & I either find the PERFECT thing in an incredibly awkward size, or I find nothing at all.

Ends Beginning
08-31-2010, 09:09 AM
Hmmm I'm notreally sure about the material, but it's really nice. The collar looks right to me. Later tonight I will upload some pictures of me in my Grell cosplay.

roidrage
08-31-2010, 05:52 PM
alright! I can't wait to see. I will probably order from them, in that case, since from what you tell me it's lovely.~

Animechick005
10-10-2010, 03:01 AM
Wow my thrift store has multi grell coats and i just need to add fabric paint