PDA

View Full Version : Steampunk Archaeologist

Avisu
08-30-2010, 07:40 PM
For my steampunk outfit it's based on an archaeologist. I have a few ideas floating about and a few designs sketched out which i iwll upload sooner or later, I just wanted to hear what other people would do for designs and accessories. I was thinking steampunking a childs archaeologist set to have in a bag or something?

Any ideas would be much appriciated.

FeyMeggan
08-30-2010, 08:12 PM
Accessories: This is an excuse for the MOST awesome collection of tiny brushes imaginable. Maybe on a rotary base so you can have an all-in-one brush. Magnifying lenses, either on goggles or glasses or something, would also be appropriate. If your'e feeling really ambitious a set of screens with gears to 'shake' them between would be a nice touch. Tiny chisels or even a tiny gear powered 'jackhammer' type item...now I want to make my friend who is an archeologist do something like this LOL

Outfit: There's a million things I could suggest, but it really would depend on how masculine or feminine you'd want this archeologist to be.

Avisu
08-30-2010, 08:22 PM
Ooh I'm so gonna make that brush collection hehe. I was planning to have magnifying lenses on glasses. I can bug my dad with help about electrics and making moving parts as well so i could make mini working tools.

In regards to outfit, Clara (character's name) Is rather tom boyish at the best of times. My original design was something like a off white ruffleshirt, light brown waistcoat with a tail coat back, knee high flat boots and brown trousers, fingerless gloves, but left hand has a i think the word is bracer made out of leather where her, well it's not really a weapon as such but can be used as one. A spool of wire that goes down the length of the bracer which can be pulled out. I've been changing the design every few months now haha.

Ironhill
09-03-2010, 10:49 PM
My first thought on seeing this thread was of the scene from the Mummy where the sachel of tools are unrolled. Maybe a bandoleer or belt with a collection of brushes, shovels, tools. Also, a hand held steam powered chisel gun of some sort.

Aleiki
09-04-2010, 05:53 PM
Notepad? Some sort of backpack?

One of the really cool things with this outfit is that you can have anything historical as a prop. You could have just gone on a dig and come back with something awesome--who knows? Anything from a dinosaur bone to ancient ceramics or jewelry... anything goes. And then you could make it steampunk to fit in with the outfit or not to be a bit more historical.

Also a hat! Don't forget a hat. Wouldn't want the sun to get to you.

Mystery221
11-04-2013, 06:37 AM
I know this is very late but a trowel is essential for all archaeologists. We wouldn't be caught dead without ours.