PDA

View Full Version : Help losing weight!

darkangel45635
09-02-2010, 07:05 PM
So I'm 19 years old and have been having some serious issues losing weight. I have been a bit heavy for my height/age since I hit puberty. I've gotten very serious about losing my weight lately, since I'm very uncomfortable with how big I've gotten. I have two main issues that I want to deal with, which seem to hinder me from losing weight.

My issue with food:
I know it is very random, but I don't get hungry. However, what does happen if I don't eat within an hour of the time I ususally do each day, I get very dizzy or sick. I have been diagnosed with B-12 and iron deficiency in the past year, so I assume it has something to do with that. So dieting has been a chore, where simply cutting down on a hundred calories, so I've basically hit a wall with what to do with my eating. Right now I eat three meals a day, a small breakfast(usually a multigrain waffle with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray or weight control oatmeal,) A medium sized lunch, ususally consisting of a Lean Cuisine or Healthy Choice meal, and dinner is whatever my family decides to make, but it is usually fairly healthy, as my mother has problems with her weight too, so she makes sure to watch what she eats. If I really exercize, I make sure to eat a piece of fruit once I'm done to make sure that I don't cramp up or get too dizzy.

My issue with exercise:
Well, I have a couple of issues. My main one is a push myself too hard when I go to the gym and end up working myself until I throw up or until I get dizzy where I have to lay down when I get done. Then, I have issues with running, because I had issues with the way the bones developed in my feet, so I've had some surgeries, but there still is an issue. Also, doing things like walking on a stairstepper or running on a treadmill seem to make me instantly dizzy(I actually fell off of a stairstepper last time I tried to use one. Ambulance was almost called, really embarassing.) I have no issues lifting weights at home or anything like that, but even doing something at home like TurboJam can be too high impact for my body. As of right now, I've been doing basic exercises with hand weights, walking 3.5 miles, and doing different types of situps, squats, and stretching.

I know I'm on the right track, but I just need something to push me forward, so that I can start getting healthy. I'm hoping someone out there has similar issues and has maybe figured out some way to get past it. Any help would really be appreciated! Thanks for your time

Kasinator
09-02-2010, 07:41 PM
from what I am seeing, you dont have too many problems. it looks like all you need is a more healthier diet with a specific regimen of exercise. I would suggest you take a look at the overtraining article I posted on this board and then take a look at trying my generic protagonist workout. in line with the foot issue, just modify your cardio exercises. when you've looked at those, take a look at my sticky on what to eat. :) oh and please give me a photo comment! pretty please??? :D