PDA

View Full Version : ::Newbie!:: Chii Costume Help

squeechii
10-01-2003, 03:57 AM
I'm completely new to this website. Hi! :dance:

I was wondering if someone might be able to give me some tips about my future costume. I'm going to make a costume from Chobits. I'm making Freya's black and red dress.

I'm hoping that someone here has made this costume (or something like it) and might be able to give me some tips to help me out? Anything you encountered that was difficult that I should be aware of?

I'm thinking about the skirt... How would you go about making it look as full as Freya's is?

Again, I'm new to this forum, so I'm not sure if I wasn't suppose to post this here or not... If I wasn't, if I was supposed to post it somewhere else, please don't yell at me! :woah:

Thanks for all your help. ~Chii

Kitten
10-03-2003, 03:23 PM
Hi! Welcome to cosplay.com. :) I don't know if I'll be all that much help to you, but seeing as nobody else has given it a chance, I might as well see if there's anything I can do. The first thing I would do if I were you would be to go look at different patterns and see if you can find anything similar (combining patterns can work, too, if you're careful about it..). As for the skirt, you could try some wire around the hem at the bottom to get it to drag right and stay circular (I haven't tried this method myself, but I've heard it works). XD

Sorry if I'm rambling too much, I hope I helped a little! :D

Ali
10-05-2003, 05:55 PM
Yay... more Wisconsin cosplayers!
Well, I'm pretty sure that if you go to your local JoAnns, someone there might be able to help you with ideas to make the skirt look nice and full. Just bring a sketch of the costume or something.

From what I've heard, the front design on the costume tends to give people trouble... I don't have any creative ideas for it myself, but if you try out cosplaylab.com, you should be able to find a half dozen people who've done the costume to ask about it. ^_^

Can I ask which convention the costume is for?

Michiru_chan
10-06-2003, 03:45 PM
hey, im another newbie to this message board, also going to try to make a chi costume (her blue work outfit and really have no idea where to start)

good luck to both of us! ^_^

P.S. anyone got some tips for me?

Ali
10-06-2003, 04:28 PM
Michiru_chan... there's a Simplicity costume pattern that should have exactly what you need.... I think you'll be able to follow it exactly.