PDA

View Full Version : Steampunk Thief : A topic on clothing

gambit86
09-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Hey guys,

I just want to start by saying, Hell Yes, for having a forum on steampunk!

Currently I've been fleshing out a character I'm wanting to present. The props, have been fairly easy. The clothing however... thats what I'm stuck on. Whereas most costumes, and personas react very well with steampunk, I seem to be having difficulty in choosing my garbs.

In short, I'm wanting to be a steampunk thief, but I dont know what type of clothing would be appropriate for that type of wear. I have, ideas, but their too murky to really bring into reality. A good example of the type of clothing I'm aiming for is something kinda like American Gypsy. But I don't know how far I should go with it, or should it be muted? This is where I'm getting confused. Any help would be appreciated.

The pic I'm uploading is a character that's givin me some great styling cues, and what I kind of want to take visual cues from.

Ironhill
09-05-2010, 07:06 PM
Well, what kind of thief are you? Are you a smash and grab, a con man, b & e, street thug? Also, what is your background? Did you grow up in the slums or were you upper class who's family lost it's money and you are just getting by? The answers to these questions will help develope the character and determin what type of cloths you wear.

Also, check out the movie The Great Train Robbery with Sean Connery. The thiefs outfits might help.