PDA

View Full Version : Who's That Pokemon?!...I'm Not Sure Yet! D:

Neko Xion
09-04-2010, 01:15 PM
Hey everyone!

Im a huge pokemon fan & so I wanted to cosplay as a Pokemon Gijinka...

But I have no idea what pokemon to choose! D: Why?

1. I have way to many favorites
2. Im still a somewhat of a newbie at this
3. I just dont want to be another pikachu (I think thats the most common one out there.)

I just wanted to know if anyone out there can help me out? Maybe like...tell me what kind of pokemon I look like or basied on personality?

It'd be loads of help! :) Thanks!

Looks- http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp287/kaname_kuran_15/HPIM4205.jpg

Personality- Quite, somewhat shy, can be entergetic though.
Love to be around friends, but does like to be alone(?).

Im not sure if that was any help ._.

BunniculaSakura
09-06-2010, 12:10 AM
You sound like a chikorita to me. :D

iiChin-chan
10-12-2010, 06:56 PM
You shouldn't choose a pokemon based of looks and personality. Looks and personality are good when choosing a cosplay, but shouldn't be your main reason for the cosplay your doing.

My suggestion to you is to list the first ten to twenty pokemon that pop into your head when you think of your favorite pokemon, sense you like so many pokemon.
And then number them in the order you think you could get done in the shortest amount of time. As well as if you have a gijinka idea for that pokemon or not at the time.

And choose the pokemon you do because you like that pokemon, not because you resemble or have a personality that fits one.

xSYN
10-12-2010, 08:29 PM
what's wrong with pikachu? D: MAKE IT STAND OUT AMONGST ALL THE OTHER PIKACHUS-- /gets hit on the head with a pokeball.

i second what people say about personality. if i had to pick characters based on how similar their personality was to mine, i wouldn't be cosplaying at all! :P

are you ok with wigs, contacts? or do you just want to wear your normal hair?
if the latter, any pokemon that's black-based or has black accents would be good-- umbreon, houndour, houndoom, cyndaquil, typhlosion, luxio, luxray.... i can't think of anything off the top of my head but just look through a pokemon directory (: what looks like it would be fun to design and wear?

DoodlePanda
11-17-2010, 02:09 AM
I second what everyone is saying, don't base it strictly on your appearance and personality, it'll be more fun if you just do what you want. c:

But Sneasel was the first thing to come to mind, myself, if you were planning on sticking with your hair color. X3

HarpyLink
11-17-2010, 09:06 AM
You wanna be different, then you don't do any of the Eevee family; people seem to forget there are 640 others to choose from. (Yes, that is adding in B & W)

You can't really go with personality in this case, since any Pokemon can have any nature. I look into ones I've actually used; kind of pointless to pick something that you have no connection to.

yamamaro
11-22-2010, 02:42 AM
Sound like an Espeon to me. Or Umbreon, maybe? Hm.

Blaze
01-22-2011, 06:37 PM
Hmmm....maybe a misdrevous???? You've got a nice face for it, and the dark hair already, just need the necklace and make a cool dress with it

XChaotixX
01-24-2011, 06:45 PM
I don't really think it should matter what your looks or personality are, as long as you like the costume and will have fun with it.
I think you'd make a cute Mawile, though

~H~
01-24-2011, 06:59 PM
I'll second the Umbreon suggestion ^_^.

I also think Skitty could be cute.

TheOrangeNinja
01-24-2011, 08:32 PM
Agrees With Umbreon suggestion,
Maybe A Eevee.

Blaze
01-25-2011, 10:49 AM
eevee seems like the default set, other than pikachu...picking someone else makes you stand out from the rest.

pokemoncandy
06-14-2011, 02:20 PM
Omg you should so be an Umbreon!!!

Ends Beginning
06-17-2011, 08:28 AM
Why don't you share what some of your favorites are and then maybe we can help narrow it down?
But yeah it depends on your personal tastes and what your willing to do.
Ask yourself;
How easy do I want this it be to make?
Do I want to wear a wig?
When am I going to wear this? (season/time of year believe me it matters when it comes to cosplay)
Also google up some fo your favorite in their gijinka forms I have a folder on my laptop for just pokemon gijinkas I want to do. ^^'

Neko Xion
12-28-2011, 05:42 PM
Neh?~
Gomen-nasai! I had no idea that people were replying! *bows*
and from what I see everyone is being really helpful ^ ^""
I can understand the whole personality thing, it was just a suggestion by the way! ^ ^"" Since im still new to this I thought it might have been some help.

Umm let me try to reply in order...
-Chikorita is cute >W<
-The list might work but I have such a hard time choosing! >w<
-I love pikachu but I see them almost everywhere! O_O And I love wearing wigs and contacts but I just dont have the money for them! ^ ^""" Thanks for some of the tips of what pokemons
-I have no idea what I want! DX I just want something fun! Ans Sneasel is kinda cute :3
-Umm...I only kind of know upto maybe 250? O////O I am a disgrace DX
Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Neko Xion
12-28-2011, 06:10 PM
As for Ends Beginnings here's my list
Charmander
Butterfree
Beedrill
Pikachu
Sandshrew
Sandslash
Cubone