View Full Version : Protoman: Don't know where to start

09-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Hey all,
I want to dress up as Protoman for D*C 2011. I really don't know what to do for much of it. I'm unexperienced with paper mache.

I'm pretty intimidated by the boots and the arm cannon.
I'm also not sure how to get a helmet that doesn't have a piece by the mouth, or how to make one like that. Or the shades.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

09-12-2010, 01:16 PM
About the helmet: Make it yourself. Best is to check out featherweights cardboard helmet tutorial. It's what I used for my Protoman/Blues helmet and the Megaman/Rockman helmet of my friend and it worked out fine.

For the shades see if you can a normal, transparent but stable foil. Get the black sun-blocking foil for cars to make the shades black and shiney :D

As for boots and helmets... I pretty much used the same method that was used for the helmet by featherweight. I did a small description in this thread: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=218122&page=2

Perhaps this will help you out.

If you are hesitant about starting out with the robo-parts, try doing the yellow scarf first (recommendation: make it a bit broader in the middle, so it will nicely bunch up at the front like it does in pics) and see that you get a grey bodysuit (there are cheap and good ones on ebay, often listened under the keyword 'zetai' (or zentai or something similar like that).

I just finished my Protoman/Blues and wore it this weekend so I'm hoping to be able to post result pics soon.