PDA

View Full Version : America--Jacket-- has anyone ever dyed white suede?

juusanbantaigrr
09-07-2010, 07:37 AM
Soo I am making my America jacket, partially because I'm considering entering the costume in a contest, partially because I've been itching to make an aviator for ages. I'm going to be making it out of suede with a lining and batting, and I wanted to know-- has anyone dyed white suede before? I'm trying to match colors as closely as possible and my fabric store is stupid and doesn't have the brown I need. However, my mom dyes wool, silk, and cotton professionally and I'm considering having her try dyeing the white.

Thoughts?

belligerent
09-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Not an answer to the question you actually asked, but I'm not sure I'd use suede for it. If time isn't a factor, I'd consider ordering some stuff from Tandy leather factory. Maybe like http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/home/department/Leather/Garment-Leather/9301-04.aspx They've got a sale on deerskin right now, looks like. There might even be a physical store somewhere local to you to go look. I felt pretty silly paying 11 dollar shipping on leather deglazer only to find out there's a store 2 hours from me in a town I was going to that next weekend, anyway...