PDA

View Full Version : P90x

ByronSpiegal
09-07-2010, 09:51 AM
So I myself am a proud P90X grad, who is in his second round of it, anybody else survive the 1st 90 days of is the middle of theirs and need some support?

Kasinator
09-07-2010, 10:08 AM
I did it twice! now im doing my own thing. Try this too! :D remember p90x is weight loss first and bodybuilding second! distantarray will soon show up giving his two cents on this. and for the majority, I agree with it. good program but still expensive and there is some misleads in advertising.

ByronSpiegal
09-07-2010, 10:38 AM
Well.... I obtained my copy through alternative methods >.>;

n64314
09-07-2010, 10:54 AM
Def love this work out but for the average joe its a little to intense. I didn't complete the first 90 days but I did take away with me was the knowledge of a good work out. Also I still do ab ripper x every day!

distantarray
09-07-2010, 11:22 AM
lol there's a lot of good info, but I think it's a huge waste of money. I personally can't stand the host is annoying as hell. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yV6zt3y0DM

it's like stfu your delts only look good cause your old and your skin thins out as you age :P any scrawny guy will show some nice definition with a some proper workout. This is one of the biggest reason average age of Olympia winners are 32.

but my 2 cents.

All it did was add Jillian Michaels workout and added weights to it, to a point where guys are like wow doing lunges don't look so gay in this one, and girls going wow I don't think I'll get huge at the same time which was about time something tried to cross market genders.

At the sametime it's nothing revolutionary but just basic information well put together since most people are too lazy to even start working out, let alone research they put a lot of information in one. Is it really worth it? not really, you can find much more information on scooby's workshop and Zuzana's bodyrock.tv imo.

It doesn't look like a bad system, but I can't really recommend it from my point of view cause they usually lift weights and most people don't have the use of full body mirrors and or friends who can check their form and posture so this could induce bad form and habits that could translate easily into injuries.

All in all not bad, not even close to being worth the money, and the series really needs a new host.

Kasinator
09-07-2010, 11:58 AM
told ya :P

Personally I thought tony was initially annoying but it grows on you. bottom line, great if you can get it cheap, but its nothing revolutionary. It introduced me to fitness so I will always have respect for the program. But If I were telling someone how to get in shape, I'd still show them the cheaper way. :)

rosebowl89
09-07-2010, 01:52 PM
I tried P90X one time. I could not stand the guy, and I think the ab exercises sucked. Anyone try Insanity? I have a friend that I could borrow it from so I wouldnt have to pay the outrageous cost, and I like up paced tempo and hate weights lol, but I dont know if its any good.

ByronSpiegal
09-07-2010, 02:12 PM
I'm not say it's the end all be all of fitness, but it's proven more than effective for my body thus far, and I certainly didn't get cheated in my acquisition of the product. I don't like gyms personally cuz they're too crowded and it's so easy to get knocked off track. I just like it cuz it's convenient and saves more time than traveling to the gym everyday, plus I have enough good to mind my form, so that's not even an issue.

HEYOashley
09-07-2010, 02:31 PM
Wait, the first step is losing weight? Lame. I don't want to do p90x anymore :( I only wanted the weight training

ByronSpiegal
09-07-2010, 03:03 PM
@Ashley: well it's not a bodybuilding program per say, it's more for defining what you have.

distantarray
09-07-2010, 07:25 PM
Wait, the first step is losing weight? Lame. I don't want to do p90x anymore :( I only wanted the weight training

www.scoobysworkshop.com is probably better reference for that, he has a lot of good tips, it's free and the guy's 50 years old! and he still looks fken amazing, I'm sure he could pick up 20 year old girls if he wanted =)

it might be intimidating cause the guy's huge, but even with YEARS of hard training chances of you ever getting too bulky is slim to none, and even if you do it's not something you'll go WHOA i'm HUGE overnight =)

www.jamieeason.com sexy sexy pretty little thing ^_^

HEYOashley
09-07-2010, 10:50 PM
lol alright, alright. I'll give that scooby one a shot...if I can figure out that website. I always get stuck on gawking at how ripped some of those guys are...

either way. NO JAMIE. SHE IS SCARY

distantarray
09-08-2010, 01:51 AM
lol alright, alright. I'll give that scooby one a shot...if I can figure out that website. I always get stuck on gawking at how ripped some of those guys are...

either way. NO JAMIE. SHE IS SCARY

http://www.about-muscle.com/img/jamie-eason-12.jpg
SCARY? :confused: :confused: :confused:

HEYOashley
09-08-2010, 03:33 AM
Not there no, but her hips and butt are not as feminine as I prefer.
But ahh her videos! Terrifying

ByronSpiegal
09-08-2010, 11:33 AM
Not there no, but her hips and butt are not as feminine as I prefer.
But ahh her videos! Terrifying

Her butt hips are amazing, but then again..... I'm a black man ;)

LauraLu
09-08-2010, 12:38 PM
My roomies have it but don't have the time to do it. They said I can try it out if I want but I'm not sure. It looks so intense.

distantarray
09-08-2010, 02:16 PM
My roomies have it but don't have the time to do it. They said I can try it out if I want but I'm not sure. It looks so intense.

sorry if I call bullshit on not having enough time to workout =)

Unless they have 2 jobs going to school full time and helping an saving a burning orphanage on their spare time and entertaining the kids with their man abdominal xylophone on the downtime they can spare 30minutes a day 3 times a week to get in shape.

If they say they're too lazy that's the only excuse I'll take without question. Honesty is the best.

n64314
09-08-2010, 02:17 PM

It is very intense but that's the point. You start off doing what you can and saying " man i'll never be able to do all of this" but after a couple of weeks you'll be saying " wait thats the end of the workout? I haven't even broken a sweat!"

Its amazing the strength you get from this workout!

HEYOashley
09-08-2010, 02:37 PM
So just to be clear. If I download it...there is a first half I can just skip? Because weight loss is pretty much out of the question. I think I'll naturally lose a few lbs with muscle gain, but I am not trying to drop 10 lbs! I am not diggin' the sounds of a 90 lbs person.

@ Bryon: Honestly. Her butt is way too small for my preferences :P

2DLogic
09-08-2010, 03:15 PM
It's not a 'half this, half that program', so no. You do a different workout each day that focuses on different things.

I'm on my second run through of it. It's a great program, though the price is quite high.

distantarray
09-08-2010, 03:26 PM

http://www.mensfitness.com/media/originals/0909vidaguerra02.jpg

this more your preference? :p

HEYOashley
09-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Haha, actually! That's totally what I think a good one looks like. It's more to me about natural slight curve that begins dipped in at the waist, out slightly at the hips (slight hourglass) and then behind is a little bubble!

That Jamie girl has no hips and on top of that, hardly any body fat, so hardly any butt either...just butt muscle or something.

aaachiaki
09-20-2010, 09:11 AM
So just to be clear. If I download it...there is a first half I can just skip? Because weight loss is pretty much out of the question. I think I'll naturally lose a few lbs with muscle gain, but I am not trying to drop 10 lbs! I am not diggin' the sounds of a 90 lbs person.

(I'm joining this thread to prevent duplicates, yay p90x)

The weightless comes from the diet plan. I've heard people say that to loose weight it's like 70% diet and 30% working out. It seems to be fairly true. My friends and I are doing it together and I'm following the diet, they're not. I've lost 10 pounds so far, they've lost like 2 and have toned up a lot. You can just do the program but not the diet if you've no interest in loosing weight. I'd recommend doing it like this and doing it from the start because the work outs build up a lot and you wouldn't want to start in the middle of the program. So I'd say do the program in full and just follow the work-outs, and ignore the diet portion, if you've no interest in hardcore weight loss.

The only diet aspect I'd recommend is eating high-protein. That won't cause you to loose weight but it'll help your muscles build and body repair. Other than that I'd just eat normally if weight loss isn't a goal.

AndreaOfTheLand
09-20-2010, 09:47 AM
I have done p90x, never made it through the whole thing yet though. I really love it, but I do put him on mute with music once I've gone through the workouts enough to remember what's up. I've been wanting to start again, and hopefully make it to the end finally!!

aaachiaki
09-20-2010, 10:06 AM
I have done p90x, never made it through the whole thing yet though. I really love it, but I do put him on mute with music once I've gone through the workouts enough to remember what's up. I've been wanting to start again, and hopefully make it to the end finally!!

You can do it! I tried to do it and gave up after a week. I tried it again (this time) really giving it my all in the work outs and following the diet. Now I tell everyone, give it your all for 3 weeks, if you still want to bail do it then. But if you really stick to it when you start seeing the results it's hard to rationalize quitting.

Kasinator
09-20-2010, 10:14 AM
I can not understand why people give up on these things if the program is "too hard". all moves are modifiable and even the handicapped can get through these programs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VkFvFuph9E). For those who have "little time" an hour a day can easily be made. I study by day, help people here, have a job, and still find time to work out. I guess what I am saying is try not to find excuses. Life's obstacles aren't there to stop you, they are there to show you how badly you want something. :bigtu:

ByronSpiegal
09-20-2010, 10:25 AM
http://www.mensfitness.com/media/originals/0909vidaguerra02.jpg

this more your preference? :p

MY VIDA!!!!!!!!!:angry:

AndreaOfTheLand
09-20-2010, 10:11 PM
I can not understand why people give up on these things if the program is "too hard". all moves are modifiable and even the handicapped can get through these programs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VkFvFuph9E). For those who have "little time" an hour a day can easily be made. I study by day, help people here, have a job, and still find time to work out. I guess what I am saying is try not to find excuses. Life's obstacles aren't there to stop you, they are there to show you how badly you want something. :bigtu:

yeah, sometimes the biggest obstacle is bordom. I'm used to doing more varied workouts. Doing the same thing week after week is... tedious. I wish there were like, 3 versions of each workout to pull from. :)

drakeprimeone
09-21-2010, 02:44 PM
yeah, sometimes the biggest obstacle is bordom. I'm used to doing more varied workouts. Doing the same thing week after week is... tedious. I wish there were like, 3 versions of each workout to pull from. :)

I thought that was the whole point of P90x, the entire program changes from day to day to prevent the plateau effect.

sexytime10
09-21-2010, 04:16 PM
When I clicked on this thread, I did not expect to see ass.
Thank you cosplay.com

Kasinator
09-21-2010, 05:53 PM
I thought that was the whole point of P90x, the entire program changes from day to day to prevent the plateau effect.

that is debatable in my opinion. Changing routine is important, but the way they suggest it, is with their program, you will never experience plateau. The reality plateau in one form or another is inevitable. personally I've been making great gains with the same routine now for at least four months just by uppin the weight. I wouldn't doubt that you would get some gains with a switch to the routine, but the fact is the muscle confusion is just a few extra DVDs to stave off your boredom.

drakeprimeone
09-21-2010, 07:27 PM
that is debatable in my opinion. Changing routine is important, but the way they suggest it, is with their program, you will never experience plateau. The reality plateau in one form or another is inevitable. personally I've been making great gains with the same routine now for at least four months just by uppin the weight. I wouldn't doubt that you would get some gains with a switch to the routine, but the fact is the muscle confusion is just a few extra DVDs to stave off your boredom.

ultimately this is true... there is a plateau limit everyone will eventually hit but I do believe in the concept. P90X isn't for hard gainers so upping weight will gain different results than what p90x offers. My wife and I participate in a program called Cross Fit which imo mirrors the concept of P90X. Usually the goal for these people are stamina and super tone and not necessarily muscle gain like what a prototypical weight lifter is after.

aaachiaki
09-30-2010, 11:49 AM
This is a question for another P90X'er who's been in the program longer for me (I'm almost one week into my second month).

So far I've been getting great results and there's no complaints here. My question lies in I'm not getting the same results which I started out the program. My weight loss has been like this so far:

Week : Amount in Pounds
1 : 5
2 : 3
3 : 2
4 : 2

Of course there's the issue I'm sure is posted here all the time, I'd LOVE to loose 5 more pounds before EXP con on October 8-10th. I'm hitting the workouts as hard, if not harder, than I was the first month, and I'm trying to be even stricter with the diet (like cutting out all carbs) but I'm still decreasing in weight loss.

Does anyone have any idea of how I could replicate the weight loss I saw the first two weeks? What I may be able to do to kick it into "overdrive" this last week and a half before the con?

Kasinator
09-30-2010, 12:03 PM
This is a question for another P90X'er who's been in the program longer for me (I'm almost one week into my second month).

So far I've been getting great results and there's no complaints here. My question lies in I'm not getting the same results which I started out the program. My weight loss has been like this so far:

Week : Amount in Pounds
1 : 5
2 : 3
3 : 2
4 : 2

Of course there's the issue I'm sure is posted here all the time, I'd LOVE to loose 5 more pounds before EXP con on October 8-10th. I'm hitting the workouts as hard, if not harder, than I was the first month, and I'm trying to be even stricter with the diet (like cutting out all carbs) but I'm still decreasing in weight loss.

Does anyone have any idea of how I could replicate the weight loss I saw the first two weeks? What I may be able to do to kick it into "overdrive" this last week and a half before the con?

Do the doubles program. adding extra cardio will do that. Don't mess with the diet either, cutting out carbs all together will hinder results. Finally, don't get jacked up on the numbers. some people will stay at a particular weight because it's your body's ideal weight. The scale is just tells weight. Not your blood pressure, your metabolism, or bodyfat.

livvylove
09-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Wasn't expecting those pictures....

But I've been doing p90x on and off for over a month. I'm still trying to get in shape enough to do the program but I do a video every once in awhile. I need to get back on track since getting over D*Con Con Crud.

Pound wise I never lost a pound from p90x being sick and diet has helped me lose vanity pounds but I do feel stronger and it has helped using the ab ripper x

aaachiaki
09-30-2010, 12:50 PM
Do the doubles program. adding extra cardio will do that. Don't mess with the diet either, cutting out carbs all together will hinder results. Finally, don't get jacked up on the numbers. some people will stay at a particular weight because it's your body's ideal weight. The scale is just tells weight. Not your blood pressure, your metabolism, or bodyfat.

I know it's more about the measurements than the weight, but I was just using the weight as an example. My measurements reflect the same kind of trend.

As far as the diet I don't see why cutting out carbs would hinder results? The whole point of cutting them out in the first place is to cut fat. And I'm not doing like atkins where I can't have broccoli because it has "carbs." I mean things like breads, pasta. ect, empty carbs.

Kasinator
09-30-2010, 01:22 PM
I know it's more about the measurements than the weight, but I was just using the weight as an example. My measurements reflect the same kind of trend.

As far as the diet I don't see why cutting out carbs would hinder results? The whole point of cutting them out in the first place is to cut fat. And I'm not doing like atkins where I can't have broccoli because it has "carbs." I mean things like breads, pasta. ect, empty carbs.

Your body simply needs these different food types. Otherwise the body will not get the energy it needs. plus from all of the cardio you do Your body needs the carbs to recover the body. The recovery then helps boost the metabolic rate and you thus continue to loose weight. I would actually jump to phase two of the diet. You will continue to see weight loss i promise!

aaachiaki
09-30-2010, 02:00 PM
Your body simply needs these different food types. Otherwise the body will not get the energy it needs. plus from all of the cardio you do Your body needs the carbs to recover the body. The recovery then helps boost the metabolic rate and you thus continue to loose weight. I would actually jump to phase two of the diet. You will continue to see weight loss i promise!

... Only because you promised. :D Thanks for the insight

Kasinator
09-30-2010, 04:01 PM
And remember, nothing stops you from continuing the program a second round if all else fails.

t_f
10-17-2010, 11:29 PM
Also, from what I understand, you see the most change near the end of the program. But, I am in the beginning of phase II so I guess I'll know when I finish it! I didn't see hardly any change, even though I followed both the nutrition guide and the workout. I looked up on Beachbody forums, and it seems a lot of people, particularly women, have this problem. Yet if you look at the 1/30/60/90 pictures, you'll notice that a lot of them don't have much change form 1 to 30.

So, stay strong! You will probably see more solid results the closer you get to the end! :D