PDA

View Full Version : Working out helps control acne?

joanamysts
09-07-2010, 10:02 AM
I was curious about anyone's experience with this. I've had moderate acne since I hit puberty, but since I started working out (about two miles of walking or biking, light weightlifting six days a week) I've found that it's started to disappear. I haven't adjusted my diet much since I'm trying to ease into that part. So, opinions?

juusanbantaigrr
09-07-2010, 10:08 AM
I know that mine got better when I started lifting weights--probably as a side effect of me drinking more water than I usually would =D

distantarray
09-07-2010, 10:10 AM
I was curious about anyone's experience with this. I've had moderate acne since I hit puberty, but since I started working out (about two miles of walking or biking, light weightlifting six days a week) I've found that it's started to disappear. I haven't adjusted my diet much since I'm trying to ease into that part. So, opinions?

as long as your bathing well afterwards I can't see why not, since your pores will be pushing out a lot of sweat constantly it's pushing out old dirt which would be left inside. Also working out increases the release or hormones and endorphines, and help relieves stress which should help as well. Also drinking more water, and eating better foods which should come naturally with working out.

Although if you take some supplements like testosterone boosters or anything else which could emensely change your hormonal balance then it could make it worse, but at the sametime these guys are probably hitting the gym 2+ times a day and not showering atleast 3 times a day. 1 after each workout, and before or after bed.

It's probably best to take a swim or a cold shower to stop perspiration directly after a tough workout to not aggitate pre-existing acne, and to use a good exfoliating body/face wash along with a good exfoliating body towel like salux towels. (luffah's suck)

joanamysts
09-07-2010, 10:19 AM
Thanks, guys :) One of the things I'm concerned about when I think about cosplaying is acne problems. I'd hate to wear cover-up in case it irritates my skin. It'd be kind of embarrassing to look back at photos from cons and see an angry, red rash on my face >_>

distantarray
09-07-2010, 10:26 AM
Thanks, guys :) One of the things I'm concerned about when I think about cosplaying is acne problems. I'd hate to wear cover-up in case it irritates my skin. It'd be kind of embarrassing to look back at photos from cons and see an angry, red rash on my face >_>

http://www.amazon.com/SALUX-Nylon-Japanese-Beauty-cloth/dp/B000CSH3YG/ref=pd_cart_recs_1

GET THIS BY ALL MEANS GET THIS. This is one of the biggest reasons besides genetics of course =) that most Asians tend to have clear skin imo. This helped many guys at my gym reduce their acne (yes I'm a bastard and actually gave these out calling people at the gym dirty bastards, sorry but American people only have luffahs and NOTHING but luffah on a stick to scrub their back, best thing is luffah + gf or bf)

joanamysts
09-07-2010, 10:32 AM
I checked it out, and even with my Amazon Prime membership, it said something about 60 dollars for shipping D: Boo, Amazon.

distantarray
09-07-2010, 10:47 AM
I checked it out, and even with my Amazon Prime membership, it said something about 60 dollars for shipping D: Boo, Amazon.

where in the world do you live? o_O also they should sell these in just about any Asian grocery market.

juusanbantaigrr
09-07-2010, 11:38 AM
Haha I have like 4 of those laying around my house :D

Kasinator
09-07-2010, 06:13 PM
far as I am concerned diet does this more than weights.

Jemmeh
09-08-2010, 03:45 AM
Oh yes, exercise and diet is a huge factor.
You are what you eat!

I remember one of the biggest things that affected me was when I stopped drinking soda and stopped eating at work (McDonalds at the time). I imagine the greasy crap wasn't exactly awesome and soda is all kinds of awful. I have heard from many people that once they at least stopped fast food and dropped soda, they were doing a -lot- better.

As far as exercising goes, you sweat the toxins out, wash them off (shower) and tada! You're also forced to drink more water (or at least you should be drinking water) which flushes you out. From years of reading girly magazines and watching beauty shows, I can tell you a lot of model's # 1 secret is drinking a LOT of water. Dehydration doesn't look good on anyone. :d

adina201
10-20-2010, 12:46 AM
These are things for the causes of acne : oil-based makeup, stress, hormonal changes, squeezing or picking at spots, cleaning hard skin. The best way to treat acne is to apply a cream or ointment with a drying agent such as benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid. These can be found in a variety of products at your local drugstore.

Braithcakes
11-09-2010, 05:11 PM
also, on the makeup front.

if you moisturize well before, using a non-oil moisturizer, and then use mineral based makeup products, you probably wont breakout.

i've left makeup on my face for 2 days straight (ew yeah...I know...>_> I felt dirty from not showering) and I didn't breakout[also, my skin's super sensitive.]

and yes, sweat= cleans out pores very well.

:D