PDA

View Full Version : Too Many Dresses!! (Inara -> Firefly)

SiveraChandler
09-07-2010, 04:05 PM
My friends and I were thinking of putting together a firefly crew in time for A-kon's space opera theme for 2011! I immediately chose Inara because I love her character and all the gorgeous dresses she wears.

BUT SHE WEARS A ZILLION DRESSES!
All in only 13 episodes and 1 movie (that's talent)

While choosing...There is one thing I have to take into account, I plan on 'making' this dress myself. Which means, I don't make costumes persay, but I love hunting for clothes at trift stores and I'm becoming at expert at finding pieces of clothing here and there and with my mediocre sewing ability, putting together an outfit! (which has been largely successful when it comes to steampunk cosplay... I'm not sure about a preset dress).

So with that taken into consideration, I was wondering which of her MANY dress would have me be most recognizable as Inara? (since I obviously won't be glued to my firefly crew at all times).

Thanks for your time! All suggestions are appreciated and will be taken into account :)

tereshkova2001
09-08-2010, 01:08 AM
This is a pretty well-known promo shot (http://www.browncoats.com/UserFiles/431ba1b696633/Image/ChelliesPictures/Inara6.jpg).

Something in red, I would think, anyway. I know she's got more than one of those.