PDA

View Full Version : Character Auction

angelRinny
09-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Hello!!

I am representing the Youmacon forum thread, "Character Auction". We are looking for volunteers for the auction. All genders are welcome, but we are in more need of male formal cosplayers. You must have a formal cosplay, be at least 16 and be willing to devote your Friday evening to attending the Cosplay Charity Ball.

A few other rules are listed on the main page for this event. If anyone is interested, here in the link to the forum:

http://www.youmacon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7465&start=0

Please contact poison_flower for any inquiries. Also, spread the word to other people who are also attending Youmacon this year! Volunteers to be auctioned are essential to make the auction happen, but buyers are also needed to buy up the auctions! If you just want to buy, you are welcome too!

Thank you for your interest!! I look forward to seeing you there!

Rinny-chan, aka lethalSelphie

Sala
09-09-2010, 09:15 PM
Sounds like fun!

lunaladyoflight
09-09-2010, 11:35 PM
I'm curious why if we're volunteering our time to be auctioned for charity, we still need to buy a ticket to the ball. Volunteer's time is worth at least the cost of a ticket.

I don't think it's a bad cause, nor am I against giving to charity. I just find it odd that the ones technically "working" are still having to pay to get in? Why not include their ticket price in their auction price? You could technically start everyone at the price of a ticket to get in.