PDA

View Full Version : Be harsh?

Jsica
09-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Id love to hear some honest Critique on my cosplay shots.
And my cosplay itself. Please visit my profile if youre willing to help.

http://www.cosplay.com/member/222052/

Specifically, I need to know what is thought of my Gunner Yuna photos
:crylaugh:

Thanks!

brucer007
09-10-2010, 10:29 AM
I think these Gunner Yuna photos are decent, but they would be even better if, the highlights were not washed out, so we could see the texture better. Most of them have the cosplayer in the center of the frame. This often looks boring compositionally, unless there is purposeful semmetry going on.

Watch out for vertical lines tilting to one side. Usually, if there is a slight tilt, it will seem like a mistake. If it is tilted too much, it can be annoying, making the viewer tilt their head. However, it can be an effective dramatic effect when used tastefully.

The final image with Yuna on the fountain has the best composition. The locations are nice have a lot of potential if composed well.

Some candid-looking poses might add good results. Just have her look somewhere other than the lens sometimes.

ByeByeBeautiful
09-12-2010, 07:49 PM
It's a good start!

Watch your edges. You're cutting off the subject's feet! She's going to need them for running from monsters!

I agree that the last photo with the fountain is the most interesting. I like shots with a bit more meat than "pretty girl looks sultry." Choosing this setting adds an extra dimension, and brings FFX2 to mind.

In all the shots, the subject is about the same size. You may want to experiment by getting closer (like a portrait shot) or drawing back (to show off some more of that awesome scenery!) This variety adds interest to a gallery.

I like that you're seeking out engaging locations for your shots. Keep shooting! I want to see more!

Nichura
09-14-2010, 10:31 PM
Looks like a good start to me. I've definitely seen worse! Good location, as has been mentioned. Unfortunately, I can't really add any more than what has already been addressed. They covered everything I would have said.

CrimsonDenizen
09-25-2010, 07:18 AM
I love your cosplay choices, FFIX woot!!

I really love the Yuna outfit. On thing I noticed is that you shot smile a lot more. Except for one Cammy shot, all the expressions are the same just about.

Anywho, on Yuna, the second shot that you took on the pillar may look a little better if it were a closer shot or maybe for cool points get a 3/4 angle and not just from the side. The third shot is really cool, very 'sexy' body language. The last shot with the guns would be more dramatic if the shot is more closer to the figure in question. Very pretty model, but for this shot maybe pick your arms up a bit, make it more of a portait shot from the chest up and actually point the gun forward and focused on the guns.- Gun shots are something I went over with a photographer at NDk a few weeks ago, and he was right too ^^

ex: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2716911/

All in all you're doing good and definitely on a good track, just keep asking questions like I do, and you'll get better and positioning yourself and others down the road.