PDA

View Full Version : Best workout ever!

distantarray
09-08-2010, 02:41 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41F5AXoPJ5L.jpg

Shake weight! FOR MAN! haha jk but what this should really be marketed with is a protein shaker attachment, why not burn a few extra calories while mixing up your shake? =)

I was playing with this after I saw this on my friend's house, I was making fun of him and there's absolutely NO way this is a good workout unless you just came out of Coma. A 2.5 pound dumbbells never actually going to give you a good workout.

It's not even battery powered or anything. You could probably get the same result from using a toilet paper tube loosely fit onto a 3 pound dumbbell and shaking it.

Just like those 1940's gimmicks that never worked, if it did you'd see them all over the place.

(the thing women used to use to rattle their bellies at the gym with the belt.)

Brand
09-08-2010, 03:28 PM
what this should really be marketed with is a protein shaker attachment, why not burn a few extra calories while mixing up your shake? =)

Funny you say that cause I had that exact thought when some lady at the gym mentioned she used the shake weight. I was all "I do that enough shaking my protein shakes" XD

distantarray
09-08-2010, 03:46 PM
it's only 2.5 pounds you could probably just shake a 1 liter bottle and with the same result if you think about it.

saiyamanmasenko
09-08-2010, 09:42 PM
We joking called the one for women something, but I won't post it here in case it offends anybody. Eventually (after years of use? lol) one might help tone what you already have, but it will never produce the results that it claims.

distantarray~What is your opinion of Total Gym? (Y'know, that thing that Chuck Norris can't believe they will let people try for 30 days, lol.) I am pretty skeptical of it (especially since I know I lack motivation/dedication) but it is endorsed by Chuck Norris, and we all know from the internet whathe can do. ;) Seriously, though, what are your thoughts on it?

distantarray
09-09-2010, 12:11 AM
We joking called the one for women something, but I won't post it here in case it offends anybody. Eventually (after years of use? lol) one might help tone what you already have, but it will never produce the results that it claims.

distantarray~What is your opinion of Total Gym? (Y'know, that thing that Chuck Norris can't believe they will let people try for 30 days, lol.) I am pretty skeptical of it (especially since I know I lack motivation/dedication) but it is endorsed by Chuck Norris, and we all know from the internet whathe can do. ;) Seriously, though, what are your thoughts on it?

I don't think it gives enough resistance to really be that great of a workout and it'll be easy to plateau, but doesn't look too bad. They give people 30 days cause they know most people are too damn lazy to bring the entire thing back to the post office and they often don't pay for shipping. It's like gym memberships most people get a year contract and never go back after a couple weeks after new years resolution.

You should see the gyms after new years..... in feb it dies down A LOT. Mondays are also the worst. It's like after hangovers people have something to prove.

Total gym doesn't even go to 45 degrees, and if you look personally I don't think Chuck Norris is in that great of shape, even that annoying old guy Tony Horton or whatever his name is on p90x is in definitely better shape.

For the price I think it's better to buy some dumbbells on craigslist, or just go get a crossbow (bowflex knock off) which you can usually find for really really cheap, it's made by Weider so it's still a solid product. Even bowflexes are cheap cause people but it and never use it.

http://sarasota.craigslist.org/spo/1941701065.html

Found bowflex in my area for $125 within few minutes

http://sarasota.craigslist.org/spo/1938309659.html

$100 for a crossbow

http://sarasota.craigslist.org/spo/1935393016.html

$150 for a total gym

there's also one for free that needs to be fixed I found lol they said one of the rollers went bad, so you never know what you can find. Personally for $250 for a total gym that's 2 years at my local gym so I can't really see that as a great deal. but I guess total gym can look fun to use, but to really burn fat and gain muscle you need a lot more resistance. Just look at Chuck Norris in those Total gym commericals I don't think he's in bad shape but he's no where as in shape as he was years ago. If the total gym was that good he should look a little better imo.

Epiphanous
09-09-2010, 12:59 PM
Hehehe that's so funny. They actually do a parody of that on SNL, except they do it with women and...I'll let you imagine the pervertedness of it ^^;