PDA

View Full Version : Matt Mail Jeevas Vest?

CaWall75
09-08-2010, 08:32 PM
I'm debating what material to use, I'm strongly considering Suede in a beige colour, but I don't know if that would work, whats your opionion?

Kama
09-09-2010, 12:00 AM
Fleece or suede. I personally used fleece because it was more comfortable and I had to worry less about it staining. I also didn't have to line it (except for the collar), and the suede usually requires something to make it feel a little more substantial. Also note this is not "blanket fleece" but the kind you'd use for coats that doesn't pill so easily. But suede would work as well. Just be prepared to interface and line parts of it to make it keep its shape and have the bulk that Matt's vest seems to have.

CaWall75
09-14-2010, 05:43 PM
Fleece or suede. I personally used fleece because it was more comfortable and I had to worry less about it staining. I also didn't have to line it (except for the collar), and the suede usually requires something to make it feel a little more substantial. Also note this is not "blanket fleece" but the kind you'd use for coats that doesn't pill so easily. But suede would work as well. Just be prepared to interface and line parts of it to make it keep its shape and have the bulk that Matt's vest seems to have.

Actually, I'm getting the vest comissioned, but would the vest still be good without the interfacing?

BsWN
09-16-2010, 05:43 PM
For the vest I made, I'm not sure what material I used, but I know that I personally don't like Matt's vest made of suede. That could just be me though. So I'd personally go with the fleece.

Juliapop
09-20-2010, 06:16 PM
When I make mine, I'm going to use suede (well, faux suede. I, personally, usually don't work with real leather/suede/etc. Not passing judgement on anyone who does.) I haven't seriously looked into how I'm going to construct it yet, but everything I've read says that interfacing/some kind of lining is a good idea.

rUssia_waS_C1
08-02-2011, 11:39 PM
Actually, if this thread isn't dead, dying and decaying I have some input you might like.

If you'd be willing to buy a jacket instead of making one then i have a link someone in another thread already posted but i'll just re-post it here, alright, so there's this sight called www.cosplayhouse.com and they make a really wonderful and high quality vest for Matt.

It's $88.00, but once you see the quality it's really actually a bargain. I've purchased my vest from there before, and I love it, it's soft, non-sweaty and sticky, and really comfortable.

this is the link ---> http://www.cosplayhouse.com/Death-Note-Matt-Cosplay-Costume.html all you have to do is type death note into the search box on the left hand side and it'll take you right to it.

Well I hope this helps d(^w^)b and good luck with your cosplay!!