PDA

View Full Version : if you were going to host a panel on crossplay?

A DDR LeGend
10-02-2003, 09:40 AM
hey guys,

i have the dubious job of hosting a panel on this, and since i'm not that much into it, other than crossing as cardcaptor Sakura, I really don't have much info.

So what would you put in / have at the panel?

Michi
10-02-2003, 10:18 AM
Ehh I'd think makeup and various binding tips.. and stuff like that.. would be good to cover. o.O You might want to get a partner to help. :p

A DDR LeGend
10-02-2003, 10:21 AM
Ehh I'd think makeup and various binding tips.. and stuff like that.. would be good to cover. o.O You might want to get a partner to help. :p

I already have Menchi. He's a waay better crossplayer and more ballsy that i'll ever be.

Gren
10-02-2003, 10:54 AM
Also discuss different ways of removing body hair (pros and cons of shaving/waxing/nair/tights etc)
Mannerisms are a good thing to discuss, like what gives away someone's gender other than appearance.

Hitori
10-02-2003, 11:14 AM
You could talk about posing, and slight optical illusion tricks (example, simpli changing the waist line slightly could give you a more masculine or feminine feel).
Yeah, different shaving techniques could be interesting too. *thinking* Binding and tucking are important... but I dunno if you wanna you know, talk about them in a panel setting.. that might be weird....
Make-up! Make up can make a world of difference, you should go over the "no make up" look for gal crossplayers, and female techniques for guy crossplayers....
I think that about covers it... I'll let you know if I think of something else^_^

Sean Connery
10-02-2003, 06:01 PM
^ ^ What Hitori said. :D

Michela
10-02-2003, 10:46 PM
Along with the other great suggestions above, you could also adress the issue of stereotypes involving crossplay and dispel them (basically assure the viewers of your panel that crossplay insinuates nothing more about a person than a man who has an appreciation for skirts and women who like to wear pants. ;))