PDA

View Full Version : Wicked: The Musical

Miyabi-
09-11-2010, 03:41 PM
I'm really shocked there isn't a thread for "Wicked" yet so hey, might as well start one huh? Especially since I found a really amazing Wicked costuming blog that I'd like to share with people that might be interested!:

http://musical-costumers.blogspot.com/

It's mostly Wicked-centric but it has a few other musical costumes featured on there as well!

Biscuit
09-11-2010, 04:43 PM
there is also galindaswardrobe.com

Miyabi-
09-12-2010, 10:33 PM
Oooh thank you for posting that! That's fantastic! ^_^

Satine
09-12-2010, 11:30 PM
I have wanted to make Elphie's Act II dress for years but just did not have an overlocker that would do the appropriate rolled hem, and I love Glinda's Bubble dress but my entire country seemed to sell out of the iridescent oraganza used. And stayed out of stock for a few years.

Well... I now have a Babylock and 8m of blue toned iridescent oraganza (aka glass organza, aka crystal organza*... all of which also apply to other kinds of organza...) And about 2kgs of sequins.

I also finally got to see Wicked this year, fan for five years only just saw it. Still better than with Phantom I was a fan for 8 years before I finally got to see it ;) Still need my passport to see shows within a decade of them being on B'Way/West End.

*Technically an organza made with monofilament threads and strips of interference plastic. If it doesn't reflect pink and yellow and blue and green it is not the right stuff ;)

Miyabi-
09-13-2010, 08:50 AM
Oooh I know..that dress is so beautiful. Complicated as all get out but gorgeous! It's a daunting project though..I was reading that the stage show dress itself weighed thirty pounds! I'd have to weightlift before I cosplayed it! ^_^

I know how you feel looking for great fabric..where I live there isn't much of a selection. I usually have to travel over an hour away or order it online. I hate ordering fabric online though because I love to touch it and see how it moves before I buy it.

I finally got to see the musical in August! Last time it was here it was only for a long weekend and tickets were REALLY expensive. (the ones the scalpers didn't get anyways) It was so exciting to finally see it live!