PDA

View Full Version : Making Chobits costume~

Mirelmture
10-02-2003, 05:32 PM
I'm makeing a Chobits costume for Halloween, because it'll be easier than a Harle costume, which I'd rather work on long term. Not a Chii costume. Just another Chobits persocom. I'll let you know how it goes and if you've got any suggestions lemme know! =) Hopefully I can give some pictures or something when I'm done.

Stocking-Socks~
I took an old pair of white tights and cut them off as high up as I could.
I found some baby headbands at the local Dollar Store and bought two packages (each with four headbands) so I would have a matching set of each. The baby headbands turned out to be the perfect size for garter thingies and they are uber cute!
I put on the stockings and the headbands, arranged them and then hand sewed the headbands to the edge of the stockings while they were still of so that they wouldn't be to big or two small. If you try this try not o sew your legs. I doesn't feel good. :lost:
These turned out really cute and were super easy to make.

Skirt~
I hate it when my mum drags me into thrift stores. It's so boreing. :untrust: So I decided to make the best of it and look for stuff I could use on my costume. I found a lavendar skirt. It was just the right color but I didn't like the way it was made ver much. So I got it and then mangled- er modified it. I shortened it.. a lot. Took out the slip thingy (annoying material). Removed elastic on two parts of the waist. Took the waist in to fit. Made slits of the sides. I'm still working on it quite a bit. Eventually I'll probably put lace or bows on it or something.

Ears~
I'm attempting to make ears of femo in my crafts class. I talked my best friend into being another Chobits with me so she's making ears too.

Mirelmture
10-02-2003, 08:13 PM
Boy this femo is tough to work. :waaaah:

Mirelmture
10-07-2003, 05:09 PM
Phew! That Fimo is tough stuff! :woah:

I've pretty much finished sculpting the ears. I was going to make them Chii shaped ears but then I felt like everyone else who wants Chii ears :sulk: ...so I went crazy and made them really cool shaped!

The top is gunmetal grey-black like and the bottom is lavendar-ish. The color choices in my art teachers box were kinda limited so it was really hard to get the lavendar to look nice.

I decided to throw together some hair spools from the extra just because. n_n
Dunno if I'll use them for my costume yet. I was originally going to use bows so i'll just have to see how they turn out.

Once my friend finishes hers we'll get them graded and baked, hopefully by halloween! :dance: I think I'm going to try adding a little of my lavendar body shimmer stuff to give the ears an even more metalic sheen. Hope it turns out ok! :eeek:

Mirelmture
10-14-2003, 01:40 PM
I found some cute little bows that are the same color as the ruffles on my stockings to use on my costume. I also bought some lace.

I made the collar today. It took maybe 10 minutes and it looks sooo cute. XD

I got a length of lace to go around my neck, hand sewed one of the bows in the middle of it, folded the ends over and sewed on snaps.

Yay! I love it.

Mirelmture
10-14-2003, 02:46 PM
Working on the shirt now.

It's a white spaghetti strap w/ bbuilt in bra I had.

I used the strich ripper to get the itchy tag out and now I'm hand sewing some lace on the straps and top. Ow! ::sucks on her fingers.:: Heheh.. ^_^'

Kitten
10-14-2003, 05:34 PM
Sounds like it'll be cute! Too bad about your fingers... *Hands you some band-aids* Keep up the good work, though, and get some pictures up so we can see! :D

Mirelmture
10-14-2003, 07:29 PM
Thanks Kitten. =)

I've finished the shirt. Turned out... :looks for a word other than 'cute': ah well pretty darn cute! lol

All that remains is to fix up some ribbons for my hair, finish the skirt, maybe find some shoes and finish the ears once they are baked.

I'm a bit lost for ideas on the skirt... =\ hmm

and shoes...gotta keep an eye out for shoes...

Oh and I might make a pair of gloves from the slip thing that was in the skirt. Yeah.

Megumi-san
10-17-2003, 10:02 PM
YAY! I'm not the only random persocom cosplayer! Lol. I have a "Five Minute Cosplay" thing, where I make costumes at the last minute out of stuff I have at home or have random "photo shoots" on Saturdays, cuz I have nothing better to do ^_^ and I was SO thinking of being a Persocom for Halloween! I can't wait to see pics of your costume, it sounds cool!