PDA

View Full Version : Everyday things you do to stay active?

DevTehFiend
09-13-2010, 01:25 PM
This thread comes from my dad constantly getting on my case about complaining when he asks me to do something.

"Mowing the yard is good for you. Sweating is good and it's exercise!"

"Every little thing you do around the house is good for you."

(Never mind I'm not complaining about having to do these things, mostly I complain about WHEN he asks me to do it. "No, I can totally mow the yard now dad! It's not like I'm in the middle of cutting out a pattern or anything!")

So, what are everyday things you do to stay active? Eating right and lifting weights are obvious, but what about things like chores? Do you do them for their physical benefits or is it something other people around you (demand) ask you to do?

juusanbantaigrr
09-13-2010, 01:51 PM
I power-walk between classes, to locations, and during my household chores, and yes, it does help keep me active.

I think that's a personal thing though :P

NiwaNiwa
09-13-2010, 06:54 PM
I heard that drinking 10 glasses of water can burn like 600 calories o. o""
And breathing also burns like [insertuberlownumberhere]

I go to classes at my local gym (Zumba is surprisingly fun ;D), walk a lot in school...
and my teachers get mad at me often so they make me stand all day[well i already do that for one period..], run laps, carry their heavy stuff, etc...
It actually can pay off to be an annoying kid o.o

bkyoung
09-13-2010, 08:39 PM
I lift weights and wrestle on the weekends i take a little walk. Because my mom knows that I lift everyday she doesnt complain when i watch anime and stuff hours at a time because i cant really physically do much else.

distantarray
09-14-2010, 03:22 AM
I heard that drinking 10 glasses of water can burn like 600 calories o. o""
And breathing also burns like [insertuberlownumberhere]

I go to classes at my local gym (Zumba is surprisingly fun ;D), walk a lot in school...
and my teachers get mad at me often so they make me stand all day[well i already do that for one period..], run laps, carry their heavy stuff, etc...
It actually can pay off to be an annoying kid o.o

drinking water itself really won't do much, but the colder you drink the water it shocks your body into heating up, so basically ice cold water becomes a thermogenic (heats up the body) and to create heat your metabolism will speed up. Drinking ice cold water can bring up your metabolism upto 30-40% for 30-40minutes and often the body over comphensates for a short time even after your body core temp has returned.

DevTehFiend
09-14-2010, 06:20 PM
I lift weights and wrestle on the weekends i take a little walk. Because my mom knows that I lift everyday she doesnt complain when i watch anime and stuff hours at a time because i cant really physically do much else.

That reminds me of how I get my dad to stop complaining about video games. "But daaaad. I hurt from doing yard work all day! I can't move anything but my fingers! *kills a monster*"

distantarray
09-14-2010, 06:25 PM
That reminds me of how I get my dad to stop complaining about video games. "But daaaad. I hurt from doing yard work all day! I can't move anything but my fingers! *kills a monster*"

lol I wish that worked with Asian parents, they know kung fu and shit, they'll try to kick to find out if you'll dodge..... if you dodge you lose. If you don't... you lose

bkyoung
09-14-2010, 09:08 PM

lol, it is a good tactic indeed.

kikikitty1423
09-15-2010, 12:09 PM
I speedwalk to classes during passing periods,take an hour long walk to the beach and back from my house. I also participate in my school's Color Guard(hard work, but lots of fun, and its thinning me down ^^).

DevTehFiend
09-15-2010, 02:39 PM
lol I wish that worked with Asian parents, they know kung fu and shit, they'll try to kick to find out if you'll dodge..... if you dodge you lose. If you don't... you lose

0.0 That is scary!

I speedwalk to classes during passing periods,take an hour long walk to the beach and back from my house. I also participate in my school's Color Guard(hard work, but lots of fun, and its thinning me down ^^).

I think I may hate you. I would walk ALL THE TIME! if I lived that close to the beach! Unfortunately it's an hours drive for me.

ByronSpiegal
09-17-2010, 12:28 AM
I ride my bike to school and work everyday, and I break dance several times a week, along with the videos I do workouts to, that's really about it