PDA

View Full Version : Spain's... Socks?

Hawkstra
09-14-2010, 08:22 PM
Hey everyone! I'm plotting a Spain cosplay for this summer. My only problem is his wierd... Socks?
http://media.photobucket.com/image/spain%20hetalia/Kitten_Kurns/Axis%20Powers%20Hetalia/Anime2152.png?o=42
(Best picture of them I could find...)
Anyways, I'm at a loss. At this point, I'm thinking of just using masking tape, but I'd be overjoyed if someone could maybe point me in the direction of something that'd look a bit better?
Thanks!

Kitsoru
09-15-2010, 02:25 AM
Those look like cloth wrappings to me (like a lot of martial artist characters have). Find medical gauze/bandage wraps in a drugstore, or make your own from long strips of white broadcloth, and wrap them around from your mid-shin to your ankles. You can secure them with sock glue at top or medical tape (just don't let the tape touch your skin, for skin it's fine but it HURTS if it rips hair out) and pin them with safety pins.

Kelley
09-15-2010, 08:08 AM
They're called "puttees".

Just wrap strips of cloth around your legs.

Hawkstra
09-18-2010, 03:31 PM
*nod nod* Fantastic! Thanks guys! <3

Darkdreamyr
09-24-2010, 06:21 PM
Medical gauze works great for this, and doesn't even need to be taped down or anything if you wrap it firmly and tuck the ends inside the wrapping. I used two on each leg and they looked perfect.

The only other addition I had was a good sized safely pin to fold my pantlegs in, as cargos are always very loose on my lower leg before I started wrapping.

Lolligag-love
10-10-2010, 01:06 PM
When I was Korea I had to tuck my pants into my shin-high socks so I attached the bottom of my pants to the very top of my socks with duck tape. When I was Egypt I got Medical Gauze and wraped is all around my shin high socks. I just recomend that if you do that not to wrap it too tight if you are going to wear it for 3+ hours. Also if you're going to a con or you are going to walk a lot you might want to bing some extra gauze with you in case it starts to fall off. Something I've thought of doing, but never got around to it was hot gluing a long strip of white fabric around my sock.
I hope this was helpful~

meepstio
10-20-2010, 06:57 PM
Those aren't socks hun those are bandages. I ended up using sports tape and wrapped it around my pants, worked really well :)