PDA

View Full Version : dropped pants sizes o3o !

a600hz
09-15-2010, 11:14 AM
I dunno how i didnt notice it. but i ended switching to a size 42 because 40 was still a bit tight and 42 was meh, I would wear them and eventually they got baggy to the point i had to wear a belt.. eventually i started to kind of work out but eat healthy. I was able to fit into a size 40 but yesterday i decided to go and buy some pants.. and I thought if my 42's are huge what if i try 38.. tried it. and they fit. I was pretty happy :C almost giggled like a girl.

and I just signed up for a work out class so Im pretty motivated atm !!

Side question: I saw a post about losing fat on legs, that it could just be muscle and that its best to do wall squats and stuff. I was wondering if there was more and how long i should do them. I feel as if i have muscle there but sometimes it feels like its only fat D; (btw I didnt want to steal the persons thread)

distantarray
09-15-2010, 11:32 AM
I dunno how i didnt notice it. but i ended switching to a size 42 because 40 was still a bit tight and 42 was meh, I would wear them and eventually they got baggy to the point i had to wear a belt.. eventually i started to kind of work out but eat healthy. I was able to fit into a size 40 but yesterday i decided to go and buy some pants.. and I thought if my 42's are huge what if i try 38.. tried it. and they fit. I was pretty happy :C almost giggled like a girl.

and I just signed up for a work out class so Im pretty motivated atm !!

Side question: I saw a post about losing fat on legs, that it could just be muscle and that its best to do wall squats and stuff. I was wondering if there was more and how long i should do them. I feel as if i have muscle there but sometimes it feels like its only fat D; (btw I didnt want to steal the persons thread)

great job 3 inches is a amazing feat, but with squats just remember not going low enough is often people's biggest mistake. Personally I go as low as comfortable to make sure I get a total workout, most people end up doing quarter squats and it's pretty stressful on the knees over time. Also if you want to lose fat you can't just lose fat in your legs, fat is stored in the skin, and skin is 1 organ of the body, it can be peeled off in one swipe, kinda gross if you think about it. So to lose fat you have to get your heart rate up in one way or another, which is all in all good cardio.

Lifting weights and then doing cardio is more effective than cardio first then lifting weights, cause when you workout your muscles release a lot of growth hormones and is better utilized through running, jogging, walking etc.

DevTehFiend
09-15-2010, 01:44 PM
great job 3 inches is a amazing feat, but with squats just remember not going low enough is often people's biggest mistake. Personally I go as low as comfortable to make sure I get a total workout, most people end up doing quarter squats and it's pretty stressful on the knees over time. Also if you want to lose fat you can't just lose fat in your legs, fat is stored in the skin, and skin is 1 organ of the body, it can be peeled off in one swipe, kinda gross if you think about it. So to lose fat you have to get your heart rate up in one way or another, which is all in all good cardio.

Lifting weights and then doing cardio is more effective than cardio first then lifting weights, cause when you workout your muscles release a lot of growth hormones and is better utilized through running, jogging, walking etc.

So, is it kind of like, lifting helps release the stuff, and cardio helps use it? Damn, that means I've been doing things backwards.

Rjr3412
09-15-2010, 01:47 PM
Standard caveat - There is no such thing as spot reduction (outside surgery)

But for squats a great way to get the feel for them as a beginner is to take a workout bench and place it so that at the bottom of your squat your butt is just touching it. Don't sit, just barely feel it and then start to straighten back up.

Remember while doing squats (and any workout really) to keep the back arched, do NOT curve your spine at all. Arched is like when you stick out your chest, keeping the spine nice and straight.

Squats are one of the best exercises you can do, with or without weight added, as it works a huge muscle group and causes the release of the most hormones post-workout.

Good luck and keep it going.

@Dev - A simpler way of thinking about it is you want to use up your carb fuel for weight lifting (where you want to progress the most, have the most energy) and then polish off the workout with cardio once your glycogen (carbs) has been depleted. But then there is also all sorts of other aspects like Distant mentioned ; )