PDA

View Full Version : Sheik Help!

tuning
09-15-2010, 10:12 PM
im new to this forum so if im on the wrong board someone please redirect me XD

i want to cosplay sheik (and have the costume to wear for halloween) but im somewhat lost on how to make the patterned body suit.
im certain i need to buy a lycra body suit, but how would i attach the different colours?
would i need to buy similar material and cut off the portions on the body suit, or just sew them on completely?

sorry for the dumb question, any sheik cosplayers would be more than helpful thank you!

Rhazia
09-15-2010, 10:35 PM
I would sew on the proper coloured lycra on top of the body suit and do the white lining with cord, tubing or bias tape. While wearing the suit, pin the crap out of the lycra you're tacking on and sew it, trying the suit on occasionally as you go to make sure it isn't puckering or slipping. Lycra's tricky like that.

http://www.cosplay.com/forumdisplay.php?f=227 Here's the page for LoZ cosplay. You can ask for advice there and possibly get a reply from people who have done that particular version of Sheik. Good luck!

Edit: Yes, you'd want to do the second colour in a similar material with similar stretch.

RappyDemon
09-16-2010, 10:46 PM
:x I went the lazy route and just painted on the darker portions with fabric paint. I think both ways can look good though!

Sheik of Shadow
09-21-2010, 04:23 PM
It's not a dumb question, believe me. There are NO stupid questions when it comes to cosplaying Sheik. I had a really hard time learning how to make the costume. Lots of blue prints...most of which failed XD

All I can tell you is what I did for my Sheik costume, because it worked really well and I was highly pleased with the result. I went out and bought a white one piece leotard, and dyed it the appropriate dark blue(couldn't find a leotard in the right blue). I then found a stretch fabric that had the same give and take as the leotard fabric, but in the appropriate lighter blue, and sewed that on the legs, shoulders and arms. For the white, I actually just use "clean hem" fabric and hot glued that on XD All my bandaging I did with cut up white sheets and I have to fasten it on every time I cosplay him. The head wrappings, were also cut from sheets and I sewed them onto a beanie for easier use. My gloves, I bought at Hot Topic, altered to within an inch of their little lives, and used fabric paint to apply the Triforce to the one for the right hand. Finger bandaging, I just used white medical tape. The boot piece, I got socks as close to the leotard color as I could, and sewed that same blue fabric on over the toe.

Now the cowl was my FAVORITE part, which is why I saved it for last! I got a hospital blanket, and cut it appropriately. Mine is made of two pieces sewed together, but is still one piece. For the fraying, I used sand paper. I used fabric paint and hand made the design on the front, and use double sided tape to keep it on over my face.

I hope this helps ^.^ If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!