PDA

View Full Version : Multivitamin Thread

Brand
09-16-2010, 05:53 PM
Hey all.
I'm trying to figure out the best multivitamin. Opinions? I've already read Distant's opinion on Animal Pak. And while it is chock full of nutrients it isn't the most economical.

I found this on bodybuilding.com: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/multitop.html

Optimum opti-men's multi is listed as the top selling and cheapest. My question is, is it less potent than Animal Pak per serving? And for those of you who have used both, which do you prefer?

Nerfherder
09-16-2010, 06:27 PM
Most people with a normal balanced diet takes in the vitamins and minerals required supposedly (maybe not in the winter). Adding massive ammounts of vitamins/minerals that aren't really needed could give some side kind of effects I guess, apart from a lighter wallet? Someone with some insight could explain this perhaps? I've just heard that there have been studies about the topic, but without a clue as to what they actually showed :mad:

Brand
09-16-2010, 06:39 PM
Yeah I know that with alot of multi's you just end up peeing out most of the vitamins. Which is why I was wondering if Animal Pak was really necessary. Seems to me that if you do have a good diet you could get by with less dosage, making the Optimum even more economical.

han-Vu
09-16-2010, 11:09 PM
I use Cenovis men's multi. Has just about everything including fish oil Omega 3. Used to use Centrum but I don't think they've added Omega 3 yet.

I don't really feel any different after taking them, besides doing more number 2s more regularly...

distantarray
09-17-2010, 04:22 AM
Yeah I know that with alot of multi's you just end up peeing out most of the vitamins. Which is why I was wondering if Animal Pak was really necessary. Seems to me that if you do have a good diet you could get by with less dosage, making the Optimum even more economical.

Depends on your goals, if you want to get big take something like animal pak, I'm sure eating good foods should cover most of the vitamins for a NORMAL person, but I highly doubt a normal person really has a great enough diet to provide you with everything your body needs. Often trying to hit every requirement will usually result in redundancies in diet that you can easily get bored of, and extra calories, carbs, fats, you'll probably have to burn off.

The harder your body works you should be taking in more water, calories, protein, carbs, fats accordingly, I can't see how vitamins will not apply.

Upon doing more research since the last time I posted about Animal pak, turns out Animal pak isn't as good as it's cracked up to be.

A comparison of over 500 Multi's ranking them according to.

1. Completeness
2. Potency
3. Bioavailabity
4. Bioactivity of Vit. E
5.Cardiac health Triad
6. Homocysteine Reduction Triad
7. Bone health complex
8. Antioxidant Triad
9. Glutathione support
10. Metabolic Support
11. Bioflavonoid Profile
12. Phenolic Compound Profile
13. Lipotropic Factors
14. Potential Toxicities

I'm only going to post the ranked 4th / 500 multi-vitamins cause the others are tremendously over priced and your looking for something more economical.

Life Force Vitamins

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/source/life.html $10.99 for 30 day supply

Also if you believe you can get everything through food, remember to that vitamins and minerals are great, but you should also take care of your joints. Calcium should be covered if your taking protein shakes regularly especially with milk. Protein shake 1 scoop generally has 15% daily calcium or more on Whey or Casein protein powders/shakes. Joint support is VERY important in avoiding injury, I'd recommend these over taking multi-vitamins any day, but best if paired =)

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/source/gluchonmsm.html 40 servings for $23.72

I'm linking bodybuilding.com cause it has more reviews and customer feedbacks and etc, but 9/10 you'll find better prices on www.tfsupplements.com

Brand
09-17-2010, 04:55 AM
I never said you could have a perfect diet to get by without supplements, I said you could get by with less. Thanks for the link. I'll check those out.

distantarray
09-17-2010, 05:08 AM
I never said you could have a perfect diet to get by without supplements, I said you could get by with less. Thanks for the link. I'll check those out.

I don't think I said anything about perfect diet either, just a great one =)