PDA

View Full Version : Well Known Cosplays

masteryuki
09-18-2010, 12:34 AM
Over :)

avskull
09-18-2010, 12:54 AM
I'm kinda worried people wont know who i am at the london expo.

Anyway i'm just kinda nervous people will think i'm cosplaying a girl from some anime or something. Lol gakupos hair.?

please enjoy life :spinner:, I want you to be happy

Kell-chan
09-18-2010, 12:58 AM
please enjoy life :spinner:, I want you to be happy

Haha, this. I've done a few obscure characters and don't expect to be recognized. Other times, it's surprising how often I do get recognized. Just wear what you want to, and enjoy yourself. :) If someone calls you the wrong name, correct them but don't feel bad. There's a lot of series out there - not everyone can know them all. Heck, you might just make someone's day by cosplaying someone they never see cosplayed. XD

And if it ends up being super popular, just remember it's not a competition. Talk to others dressed as the same character - clearly you have something in common!

Kunoichi Neko
09-19-2010, 05:40 PM
Gakupo isn't cosplayed to often but he is well known I am sure people will recognize you. I love Gakupo!!!!

Uerria
09-20-2010, 09:44 PM
Actually, I see quite a lot of Gakupos'. :) He is well known amongst the vocaloid fans, I know that. But if it were a person who only knows a bit about vocaloid, probably not, they'd probably would only know Miku, Rin, etc. Plus, you'd stand out when you're with a Kaito.

I guess he's about the same as Luka? :O

LaurenW
09-20-2010, 11:20 PM
Ya know, I didn't have any idea what Vocaloid really was until about a month or 2 ago! I had always assumed it was an anime or something ><
But I still knew the characters and such just from seeing people cosplay them at conventions! :)

I'm sure people would recognize you, but i wouldnt worry about it even if they dont! Cosplaying is about embodying a character/person that you love, not doing it just to get attention or anything lol! ^^

ToroSonyCat
10-17-2010, 07:24 AM
Gakupo is pretty recognisable. With the right crowd of course, as with most cosplays. (With exceptions of a few that everyone can recognise, such as Mario or Pikachu)
Even if you're not doing the usual outfit, the hair is pretty distinctive.

Just have fun and don't worry too much about being recognised. Cosplay shouldn't be about recognition, it should be about fun!

Shtephii
10-17-2010, 10:09 AM
From my experiance I think Gakupo is pretty well known. if I were to ask someone to name three of the guy vocas they are likely to be Len, Kaito and Gakupo. although he may not be one of the ones who you discover along with the main 5. he is still popular. we do need more G cosplays c: