PDA

View Full Version : My hips are too wide

starrhettix
09-18-2010, 03:44 PM
So lately I've been trying to lose 20 lbs, and it seems I've been doing well, but the only thing that's a problem are my hips, which are still a little too wide. Does anyone have any tips on how to both lose more weight and trim down love handles?

Mesoian
09-18-2010, 04:00 PM
What have you been doing thus far?

ScarletNvrland
09-18-2010, 04:49 PM
Also, may it have something to do with your hip structure? My hips are naturally wide, and so even if I were to lose some weight around the area, my hips would be big.

And what, pray-tell, are your hips too wide for? Is it a certain costume?

starrhettix
09-19-2010, 10:59 PM
Well I just feel that in general my love handles are a little too big. I do still want curvy hips, it just feels that they are a little too wide in general and I just want to trim them down a bit.

lunaladyoflight
09-19-2010, 11:45 PM
You can't force your body to lose weight in any target area. It loses weight the way it loses weight.

Women's hips are wide so we can get a baby's head through the inside. Too wide, is not in fact, too wide.

HomeDepot
09-21-2010, 12:05 PM
Lunaladyoflight is right. You can't spot target weight loss. My body also stores most of its fat in my "love handle" area whenever I step up my workouts i just loose all the fat in my butt instead.
But the way you wear your clothes can help flatter your assets instead of drawing attention to what you are uncomfortable with. I'd go through your closets and grab pants and skirt that hit in several areas along your hips and waist and several shirts of different lengths and find the combinations that make you look best. Then when you are choosing a cosplay you can pick characters with clothes that flatter your body type.

Mrtubuchu
09-23-2010, 12:10 AM
Eh I naturally have wide hips D;
Big bones there so I can't do much no matter how hard I work out (unless I do surgery to chip off some of the bone but that'll be going too far)

zssfanxxx
09-29-2010, 11:50 PM
Walking would really help die down those heavy hips!
It sure hell shrunk mine down ~