PDA

View Full Version : Nurse Costume Help!

xXsimcaXx
09-18-2010, 03:23 PM
Hello all! Today, I bought my nurse costume (made of pleather) with gauze and fake blood and stockings and all that jazz. (I have not gotten the shoes yet.) I have several questions.
1. Is it safe to use oil paints mixed with fake blood?
2. How do I make the dress look dirty/old/bloody without it looking fake?
3. Where do I buy cheap generic plain white heels?!?!?! I've looked at Target, Rack Room Shoes and Wal-Mart! I can't find them!
4. How do I do the vein effect without it smearing from sweat or spilled drinks?
5. How do I wrap the gauze around my head and face and be able to breathe and see and cover my head completely?
Please reply ASAP!
Thank you

CreativeGuy
09-19-2010, 08:55 PM
If you want to make a nurse costume remember that they don't have bright red blood on them. Like you said the dress is old, dirty, and bloody, but if there is any blood on it it isn't fresh. Nurses look like they have old dried blood on their uniforms. Really old dried blood is often shades of browns, oranges, and reds.

What version of a Silent Hill nurse are you going for? Only the nurses from the Silent Hill Arcade game have any sort of bandages around their heads.

xXsimcaXx
09-19-2010, 09:53 PM
Kinda a mash up lol
Me and my boyfriend are going to be Pyramid Head and a nurse for Halloween

Lucifer
09-20-2010, 11:28 AM
Hello all! Today, I bought my nurse costume (made of pleather) with gauze and fake blood and stockings and all that jazz. (I have not gotten the shoes yet.) I have several questions.
1. Is it safe to use oil paints mixed with fake blood?
2. How do I make the dress look dirty/old/bloody without it looking fake?
3. Where do I buy cheap generic plain white heels?!?!?! I've looked at Target, Rack Room Shoes and Wal-Mart! I can't find them!
4. How do I do the vein effect without it smearing from sweat or spilled drinks?
5. How do I wrap the gauze around my head and face and be able to breathe and see and cover my head completely?
Please reply ASAP!
Thank you

2. For blood I just used dark red fabric paint (sometimes mixing browns into it for an 'old blood' look).
3. Go to thrift stores. You'll always find ugly white/tan shoes there of various sizes. Cheap too!
4. I used thick nylons and drew the veins in with fabric markers (fine tip). Then I just slipped them on and they never ran/smudged/bled. Looked good in photos too!

xXsimcaXx
09-20-2010, 03:10 PM
2. For blood I just used dark red fabric paint (sometimes mixing browns into it for an 'old blood' look).
3. Go to thrift stores. You'll always find ugly white/tan shoes there of various sizes. Cheap too!
4. I used thick nylons and drew the veins in with fabric markers (fine tip). Then I just slipped them on and they never ran/smudged/bled. Looked good in photos too!

Omg thank you!!! I actually painted the dress yesterday and it looks freakin awesome!