PDA

View Full Version : Why doesnt anyone dress up as mai form yu-gi-oh and i need costume help

im_sailor_moon
10-03-2003, 11:20 PM
why doesnt anyone dress up as mai at anime conventions? and i need serious costume help i cant even sew! P.S i wanna dress up as ichaigo from tokyo mew mew any tips :'(

Brunhilde
10-04-2003, 11:14 AM
Mai, Mai... which one is that? Posting a reference pic would be helpful...

PockyDarcy
10-04-2003, 12:25 PM
Mai is an awesome character. I always wondered why she wasn't a popular to cosplay myself? I've seen a couple here and there, but nothing spectactular. well, u never know, sometimes the con u least expect for a certain series for cosplay end up happening. Yu-gi-oh was pretty popular at Anime Boston this year.
About the Ichigo, if u don;t sew u can always go to salvation army, pick out a dress that has similar qualities that ichigo has on her dress (Ie color, size, sleeve style, neck cut) then alter it. Cut it and pin it to look like what u want it to. U can even use fabric hot glue or aplique if u aren't into the sewing thing. Wigs are pretty simple especially since there is so much to choose from at halloween time. You'll easily find a pink short wig. Red boot covers and gloves should be easy too to find. Just look at it as a fun costume scavenger hunt. If u are willing to go and find everything not matter what it takes, u won;t have a problem. ^_^ any other questions? tehe

im_sailor_moon
10-04-2003, 07:28 PM
thanks for the help ill try that i just hope i can find some kind of dress like that :)
this site is so helpful (actsually the people lol)

TheLoneWolf
10-05-2003, 11:23 AM
Mai oh Mai....(^^;; )
Anyway, if memory serves me correctly, it's a purple jacket, white blouse, a purple skirt and boots,right?
If you can't sew, and you have long blonde hair ( if not, get a wig) You can but almost everything from a visit to your local:
a)Thrift Store
b)Salvation Army
c)Goodwills
d)Any/all of the above/ something else
As for the boots, buy a pair of black ones and spray paint them. That would be the simplest thing to do! ^^
Good luck!

im_sailor_moon
10-05-2003, 06:05 PM
thanks for the help again lol i just hope the boots dont chip when i spray pait them :)

dustbunny
10-09-2003, 08:29 PM
Your right i haven't seen any mai's. werid well you don't really see many yugioh costumes either.

I dunno what to do about the costume. I think you should post a pic. juts to help those tha don't know whoshe is out.

CelesDragon
10-09-2003, 10:20 PM
KuroBara here on c.com has done Mai:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=30585&password=&sort=1&cat=3493&page=1

There's also a ygo group shot from the last otakon at:

http://pnavy.com/draco/Sunday-August-10th,-2003/100_0084

Hope that helps.

AgentGinrei
10-10-2003, 06:19 PM
Alert! Alert! Don't use spraypaint on on boots! It will chip ALL over! I did that for my Haruko (FLCL) costume last year. It SUCKED. White chips everywhere. Plus they looked like crap after wearing them for 3 days. I would recommend fabric paint, since it kinda stretches and bends. I've not tried that yet, so I can give no guarantee, but I *think* it would work... ^^;; Just don't use spraypaint! And don't worry about not sewing. It's amazing what you can do with fabric glue! I made my entire Testament (Guilty Gear X) costume without sewing. Like they said, find something similar and get gluing! Good luck! :D

pyrrotsumi
10-10-2003, 11:26 PM
we had a mai for our yugioh cosplay. unfortunately i dont have pictures on this computer but she was HOT!!:love::love::love: