PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy X-2

ShimmerJester
10-03-2003, 10:57 PM
Hey all :)

For one of the aussie cosplay i'm going to i'm going as Lenne from FFX-2 and I was wondering how do you Pronounce her name is it said like the guys name Lenny or is it said Leanne???

Need a Little help i'm not sure how to pronounce it :p

Well Luv ya Guys

Jester

Brunhilde
10-04-2003, 10:12 AM
I've been wondering that myself...

In my mind I pronouce it Lean (like, 'lean on me' ect.)

If it's pronounced in typical Japanese fashion, they it should be Len-neh.

Angelwing
10-04-2003, 02:39 PM
I pronounce mine "Leh-nae." I know my way is wrong though. Hmm..I really have the same question.

Riko
10-04-2003, 04:54 PM
in the cg scene sounds like shuin says ren, with the r almost like an L sound and the N is dragged (so yeah like len-neh)

X-2_Shion
10-05-2003, 05:37 PM
according to a couple of the shrines, it is just ren. that's how i've been saying it for a couple of months now. i think it's b/c they don't have an l in the japanese alphabet or somethin'. plus, it is also easier to speak in cosplay sentences that way, lol.

yuffieleonheart
10-05-2003, 09:23 PM
in the japanese language lots of times the r will be pronounce like an L so yea that's why i think her name is Ren in japanese and they changed it to Len for the english or somthing like that i could be wrong. but atleast from what i have downloaded and seen from the game they prounounce it just ren/len

Chanté
10-05-2003, 09:28 PM
Yup, you guys are right. There is no distinction between "L" and "R" in Japanese - the sounds are totally indistinguishable, and "L" doesn't exist in romanized Japanese.

So basically... we won't know until we get the game in English and see how they decided to transcribe it. (Remember when everyone was calling Rikku "Ryukku"? ^^)