PDA

View Full Version : You aren't alone! Yoko Cosplay Fitness Vlog!! 8D

Dreamlikethesun
09-21-2010, 01:10 PM
Do you feel insecure about your body??! Do you want to slim down, tone up, or simply stay in shape??! We all want to feel fit and sexy in our cosplays (my main reason for working out! :D) but it's super hard to do it alone!! I know this!! So..I'm not sure if this will actually become popular but..I've decided to start my own Fitness Vlog on YouTube that will be targeted to all my fellow cosplayers 8'D And I'll be doing it in none other than my favorite Yoko cosplay ^__^

I'm am in no way a professional at dieting or working out, but I know that both are SO difficult when you're doing it alone and you don't have time for research!

My Cosplay Fitness Vlog will be a helping hand to all others out there who want to get/stay in shape and don't have the support they need! It will be full of my research on different diet plans, workout tutorials and simple OPTIMISM!!

I know how HARD getting in shape is, SO LETS DO THIS TOGETHER >8D I appreciate all comments, tips, and feedback!! Check it out guys ^__^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps-VB-XLap4

avskull
09-21-2010, 01:47 PM
is that like a teaser trailer because i think distantarray should get in a Yoko cosplay.

tsuoi_kaze
09-21-2010, 01:54 PM
I see the Tampa convention center in there.

And personally, I think this is an awesome idea! I know that all of my friends are either super sexy on their own or are confident enough in themselves to not kill themselves on a diet and exercise program, so I do feel really alone in trying to work out and lose weight. ^^;; It's hella hard to keep on track when you feel like you're the only one.

Dreamlikethesun
09-21-2010, 02:30 PM
is that like a teaser trailer because i think distantarray should get in a Yoko cosplay.

I'm making my actually first vlog today (hopefully xD)

ANddddd I don't know who disstantarray is hahaa 8'3

Dreamlikethesun
09-21-2010, 02:33 PM
I see the Tampa convention center in there.

And personally, I think this is an awesome idea! I know that all of my friends are either super sexy on their own or are confident enough in themselves to not kill themselves on a diet and exercise program, so I do feel really alone in trying to work out and lose weight. ^^;; It's hella hard to keep on track when you feel like you're the only one.

Good job!! Most of those pics are from Metrocon which was at the Tampa convention center xD hahaa!!

And yessss I know exactly what you mean!! It's like my friends don't even have to try at all and they look amazing @_@ As well as my sisters (who don't cosplay), but one was born naturally skinny as crap, and the other has an eating disorder..so I always feel insecure around them..but this is what has fueled me to reach out to everyone else who feels like they're alone ;D

I do hope you'll join me in my vlogs<3

darkangelxX447
09-21-2010, 04:46 PM
I wish I could cosplay as Yoko.. but I got streatch marks on my hips..and it wasn't even my fault! I didn't really gain weight it was more I was a stick in middle school and all of a sudden I got hips and I wasn't a stick anymore. I'm in college and my stretch marks are still there.
:blubber:

Brand
09-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Don't know who Distant is? Gtfo the fitness board then. ;)

Dreamlikethesun
09-21-2010, 05:12 PM
Don't know which Distant is? Gtfo the fitness board then. ;)

Um..@_@ heh...sorry?

Dreamlikethesun
09-21-2010, 05:14 PM
I wish I could cosplay as Yoko.. but I got streatch marks on my hips..and it wasn't even my fault! I didn't really gain weight it was more I was a stick in middle school and all of a sudden I got hips and I wasn't a stick anymore. I'm in college and my stretch marks are still there.
:blubber:

Aww hun I'm sorry :[ Stretch marks can be hell to live with!! It's something almost everyone has tho x3 But I don't think you should feel discouraged!! You look super pretty!! I bet you could pull her off! 8D

Celia Rose
09-21-2010, 05:25 PM
I'm looking forward to following your vlog project! C:

I've been working on slimming down for a couple years now (with good results. I went from juniors pant size 11 to 7 in about 6 months!), but now I'm working on toning up for my Yoko cosplay this spring in Seattle. Hopefully this vlog will help motivate me to work even harder! C:

@dark angel; I have them, too, though they don't stand out very much. I'd suggest getting a cream or a lotion that reduces stretch marks, the kind that's recommended for pregnant women to use. It's good stuff. C:

xXsimcaXx
09-21-2010, 05:30 PM
I'm gonna be a Silent Hill nurse for Halloween and i was totally dreading it cause I thought I would look terrible but i actually look really freakin awesome. But... I really wanna cosplay Yoko and Maka but they're both so thin and Maka is flatchested and I'm pretty well endowed. I always ask my boyfriend if I would look good cosplaying as this or that and he always says yes but sometimes I'm not convinced....
Also, I WOULD FREAKING LOVE TO DO A SAIYUKI COSPLAY!!!! I REALLY REALLY REALLY WANNA BE GOKU!

Kasinator
09-21-2010, 05:45 PM
Um..@_@ heh...sorry?

Distantarray and I are are the quote unquote experts here on cosplay.com fitness. Brand is just a little upset you don't even know who he is. He and I write pretty much all the stickies here. I would really suggest putting us in your vlog or even run some things past us. I am not saying you don't know what you are doing or anything, we just want to help, as well as make sure misinformation is not spread. :D

I personally was thinking about putting up some vid myself and would be happy to put up workout vids, tips, Etc. too. Just PM us.:wave:

Dreamlikethesun
09-21-2010, 05:51 PM
Distantarray and I are are the quote unquote experts here on cosplay.com fitness. Brand is just a little upset you don't even know who he is. He and I write pretty much all the stickies here. I would really suggest putting us in your vlog or even run some things past us. I am not saying you don't know what you are doing or anything, we just want to help, as well as make sure misinformation is not spread. :D

I personally was thinking about putting up some vid myself and would be happy to put up workout vids, tips, Etc. too. Just PM us.:wave:

Ohhhh okay thank you very much for explaining!! 8D Yea, I'm not an expert on the fitness forums, this is actually just my first thread posted on here soooo yeaaaa at least I know who you are now :D You should probably tell your friend not to be so..mean lol ;)

Yea like I posted, I'm not a professional, simply a cosplayer who wants to get fit and I wanna do it with all the other confused cosplayers out there and let them know they're not alone! 8D

I'll definitely keep in touch, thank you!! ^__^

Brand
09-21-2010, 05:52 PM

Who said I as upset. You can go take a time out Kas.

Kasinator
09-21-2010, 05:55 PM
Who said I as upset. You can go take a time out Kas.

Sorry I didn't mean it like that ^_^;;

Brand
09-21-2010, 05:58 PM
Sorry I didn't mean it like that ^_^;;

And after all that talk about not spreading misinformation ...tsk tsk. ;)

Kasinator
09-21-2010, 06:45 PM
Lol

tsuoi_kaze
09-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Good job!! Most of those pics are from Metrocon which was at the Tampa convention center xD hahaa!!

And yessss I know exactly what you mean!! It's like my friends don't even have to try at all and they look amazing @_@ As well as my sisters (who don't cosplay), but one was born naturally skinny as crap, and the other has an eating disorder..so I always feel insecure around them..but this is what has fueled me to reach out to everyone else who feels like they're alone ;D

I do hope you'll join me in my vlogs<3

*nods*

Honestly, diet is going to be the hardest part for me since I'm living at home for a year. I lost so much weight last year without really changing anything just because I could eat on my own schedule instead of having to eat when the family does.

darkangelxX447
09-21-2010, 11:11 PM
Aww hun I'm sorry :[ Stretch marks can be hell to live with!! It's something almost everyone has tho x3 But I don't think you should feel discouraged!! You look super pretty!! I bet you could pull her off! 8D

Thanks.. Yoko is like my dream cosplay! I really want to be able to cosplay as her, but I am waiting for either my stretch marks to fade or for me to get enough money to get laser surgery to get them (mostly) removed.

Dreamlikethesun
09-22-2010, 12:21 AM
*nods*

Honestly, diet is going to be the hardest part for me since I'm living at home for a year. I lost so much weight last year without really changing anything just because I could eat on my own schedule instead of having to eat when the family does.

Yea I totally understand where you're coming from!! Hopefully with my vlogs and stuff though we'll be able to work through it together!! ;D

Dreamlikethesun
09-22-2010, 12:24 AM
Thanks.. Yoko is like my dream cosplay! I really want to be able to cosplay as her, but I am waiting for either my stretch marks to fade or for me to get enough money to get laser surgery to get them (mostly) removed.

Ohhh I see!! Well don't give up hun ;] You'll definitely be able to cosplay her!! I have super bad spider veins on my legs that look completely horrible, but I just try to ignore them and have fun with the cosplay anyways, and it works! ^___^

saiyamanmasenko
09-22-2010, 01:02 AM
So glad this is up here. I subscribed right away. Support is always appreciated and needed. :)

Dreamlikethesun
09-22-2010, 01:02 AM

I've been working on slimming down for a couple years now (with good results. I went from juniors pant size 11 to 7 in about 6 months!), but now I'm working on toning up for my Yoko cosplay this spring in Seattle. Hopefully this vlog will help motivate me to work even harder! C:

@dark angel; I have them, too, though they don't stand out very much. I'd suggest getting a cream or a lotion that reduces stretch marks, the kind that's recommended for pregnant women to use. It's good stuff. C:

OMG AWESOME! 8'D Congrats on your slimming down!! I'm soo happy to have another person who's excited about it ^__^ ANd I'll definitely do my ultimate BEST to keep you motivated!! You're gonna look AWESOME in your Yoko cosplay >:D

Dreamlikethesun
09-22-2010, 01:08 AM
So glad this is up here. I subscribed right away. Support is always appreciated and needed. :)

Oh wow thank you soo much!! 8'D I get so excited when I see others happy about this x3 I really hope to make it something special and helpful for all you guys :D I want us to all realize we're in this together, ya kno?? I'll be sure to post the first vlog up asap ;]

darkangelxX447
09-22-2010, 01:22 AM

I have been using some kind of cream my doctor gave me for a few months now. Most of them have faded slightly, but are still a red-ish color, but a few have turned white-ish and I can barely see them.

This thread got me inspired again to do a Yoko cosplay. I am not overweight, but I want to get a little toned up, get rid of some tummy pudge and reduce the appearance of my stretch marks. I think I may set my goal for next may so I can cosplay as her at Anime Central.

Celia Rose
09-22-2010, 02:04 AM
OMG AWESOME! 8'D Congrats on your slimming down!! I'm soo happy to have another person who's excited about it ^__^ ANd I'll definitely do my ultimate BEST to keep you motivated!! You're gonna look AWESOME in your Yoko cosplay >:D

Thanks. C: The slimming down is easy compared to keeping my body that way, especially with other obligations and commitments on top of it. xD I look forward to your vlog! C;

@darkangel; good! C: I can't wait to see your Yoko cosplay~~ ;D

xXsimcaXx
09-22-2010, 10:46 AM
I'm gonna be a Silent Hill nurse for Halloween and i was totally dreading it cause I thought I would look terrible but i actually look really freakin awesome. But... I really wanna cosplay Yoko and Maka but they're both so thin and Maka is flatchested and I'm pretty well endowed. I always ask my boyfriend if I would look good cosplaying as this or that and he always says yes but sometimes I'm not convinced....
Also, I WOULD FREAKING LOVE TO DO A SAIYUKI COSPLAY!!!! I REALLY REALLY REALLY WANNA BE GOKU!

Uhm... bump?

Kasinator
09-22-2010, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXsimcaXx View Post
Uhm... bump?

Only one real way to find out. :D Go for it!

Dreamlikethesun
09-22-2010, 12:58 PM

Hey sorry I was trying to reply to everyone asap xDD

OMG I'm sure you could pull ALL of those off!!! Yoko is NOT flat-chested, so you should have a fun time cosplaying her!! 8'D And hopefully we (along with my vlogs) can help convince you that you CAN do it!! >8D

OMG SAIYUKI!!!! <333 If you do end up cosplaying Goku PLEASE send pics! 8D (He's my FAVORITE character and I love seeing cosplays of him x3)

^__^