PDA

View Full Version : Need help to pin point problem

kuro-nee
09-23-2010, 01:19 AM
Me and my sister has quite a weight problem. Our heights are 153 cm and I weigh about 75 kg and my sister about 85 kg. We do have a problem with our weights. We have acknowledge that. Seems like we are not making much progress despite doing this since the start of the year.

Currently on going:

1) Daily 10min walks to the train station to go to school or work. This is done going back home too.

2) My work demands quite heavy lifting and walking around my plant. My student sister has to climb up and down the hill every 2 hours because of the funky school placement.

3) Eats: 3-2 meals a day (if food is available). Breakfast: 2 slices of Fibre enriched white bread with peanut butter and water. Lunch: (if food is available) Rice with 1 meat and 2 vege. Dinner: Rice with 1 meat and 1 vege, if food is available. If not its same as breakfast with an apple or two. Water is drunk whole day. Sweet drinks are avoided.

4) Fasting: Done due to religious reasons. So no lunch but same food for breakfast and dinner.

How do I change my lifestyle if I want to reach my dream weight of 60 kg? DDD=

Kasinator
09-23-2010, 06:31 AM
Me and my sister has quite a weight problem. Our heights are 153 cm and I weigh about 75 kg and my sister about 85 kg. We do have a problem with our weights. We have acknowledge that. Seems like we are not making much progress despite doing this since the start of the year.

Currently on going:

1) Daily 10min walks to the train station to go to school or work. This is done going back home too.

2) My work demands quite heavy lifting and walking around my plant. My student sister has to climb up and down the hill every 2 hours because of the funky school placement.

3) Eats: 3-2 meals a day (if food is available). Breakfast: 2 slices of Fibre enriched white bread with peanut butter and water. Lunch: (if food is available) Rice with 1 meat and 2 vege. Dinner: Rice with 1 meat and 1 vege, if food is available. If not its same as breakfast with an apple or two. Water is drunk whole day. Sweet drinks are avoided.

4) Fasting: Done due to religious reasons. So no lunch but same food for breakfast and dinner.

How do I change my lifestyle if I want to reach my dream weight of 60 kg? DDD=

diet is the main reason you are having trouble. take a look at my nutrition page located in the thread directory. :bigtu: Ditch white bread for whole wheat and whole grains too.:skidude2:

Rjr3412
09-23-2010, 08:04 AM
I see a few key things that stick out here -

White Bread - nutritionally its practically void, over processed, and frankly not that flavorful. Try to find rye, whole grain, whole weat, something like that, all of which are healthier, are better carbs, more filling and better calories.

Rice - I'm guessing that when you say rice you are meaning white rice. See above. Over processed simple carbs that can quite easily go straight to fat. Try to switch up to long grain or wild rice. Both are quite tasty, more nutritious and slower "burning" (glycemic index stuff)

10 minute walks - Even twice a day, doesn't really amount to very much. One of the common references here is Scooby, who recommends cardio as anything that gets your heart rate up over 120-130 for at LEAST 20 minutes straight.

Fasting - You are in luck here potentially. A fairly "recent" diet structure called intermittent fasting has been shown to improve energy, increase fat loss and increase muscle gains in some people. The gist is that you only eat within an 8 hour period, and the other 16 hours of the day are in a fasted state. These 8 hours have to be subsequent, and the 16 hours is a minimum of 16 straight. You should still spread out the calories across the 8 hours though. A google search can give you far more accurate and detailed info.

Overall recommendation - Up the cardio, eat healthier carbs, get in more protein. If this doesn't work, try to shift things around till it does.

Good luck.

kuro-nee
09-24-2010, 05:27 AM
Thanks guys! I just got myself some comfy shoes. My previous one made me more tired just walking. Think it was the support. Flat feet sucks. Hope to loose 1 kg per week! ^^