PDA

View Full Version : *sigh*

sailorpsychosis
10-05-2003, 02:03 AM
<whine>
;_;
I wish I were there. Like I had every intention of being. But to make a long story short, we just don't have the $45, and my mother did not want me going alone (I guess she was under the impression I was going with someone...). But I guess it was for the better, since I'm coming down with something... But still.... I really wanted to go!!! *cries*
I wanted to make some friends that are into cosplay that live closer. And now I won't get to audition...
And the worst part is, that there's no more cosplaying around here until next summer (right?).
</whine>
I'm just sorry I didn't get to meet you all, and see all your lovely costumes... (and a poolside masquerade! *_*)
Oh well, I hope everyone is having fun there right now (I'm so jealous!)! Good luck on the auditions too!

Lilli
10-05-2003, 02:21 AM
._.\/ I wanted to go too. Things just didn't turn out that way ^^;; (All the money I had saved had to go towards buying a new window for my car. Damned priorities.)

._.\/ Console yourself with the fact that we'll get to see all the pretty pictures? e-heh...

Chanté
10-05-2003, 02:39 AM
Don't feel bad!!!

My boyfriend and I were SO going... but just last week, we made the decision not to go in order to save money.

Just know that this isn't the only convention out there - obviously! =D And now that conventions are slowing down, you can use all this time to create an AWESOME costume for Ani-Magic next year! *optimistic* Not like Ani-Magic's going anywhere. Also, you might have more freedom from your mom.

ChibiMoFo
10-05-2003, 03:26 AM
Actually, if you just wanted to meet ppl you wouldn't need to pay for a badge. Most ppl are hanging out by the pool. I went for a few hours, and took some pics. Didn't feel like buying a badge for $35 (1day) just to go in the dealers room and buy more stuff >_> I'll use that on film :P

Sana-chan
10-05-2003, 05:27 PM
I juss came back!!!

And really, you don't need to register at all. I still don't know why I did @_@. Everyone hangs out by the pool and the garden so that's where you can meet and hang out ^_^

Freya
10-05-2003, 07:40 PM
Besides the dealers room the gaming console room required you needed a badge. but seriously I don't go to conventions to play games that I can play at home. -_-;

Granted con security was asking a few cosplayers for badges which was ridiculous. 0_0

ChibiMoFo
10-05-2003, 10:32 PM
game room didn't even check me, guess they were at lunch >_>

KimikoChan
10-05-2003, 11:51 PM
Well, while it's true you don't need to pay for a badge (this is true for any con), it's a good idea to do so, because it shows your support for the con. If people didn't register for cons, then there would be no con. So you can just think of it as a contribution for the con so that it can improve for next year :)

Con Mom
10-06-2003, 02:30 PM
Well, while it's true you don't need to pay for a badge (this is true for any con), it's a good idea to do so, because it shows your support for the con. If people didn't register for cons, then there would be no con. So you can just think of it as a contribution for the con so that it can improve for next year :)

You are so right Kimiko & we thank you! Without great fans like you to suport Ani-Magic, we couldn't exist. But unfortunately, as in every aspect of life, there are always a few who think they can sneak in under the radar. Hopefully they don't run the rest of their life that way....

Kabuki
10-06-2003, 02:35 PM
umm people!!! we really DO need to be registering for conventions...if not there won't BE any conventions...and it is REALLY pathetic to not pay for a badge for ANIMAGIC....this convention which is striving to get 1000 ppl can barely afford to run and w/ half the ppl not registering...its quite possible that the convention will just DIE...and yes you ARE paying for "stuff" when you register...you're paying for the ATMPOSHERE!!! tell you what...go sit around the pool of some random hotel next weekend instead k? you don't have to register for THAT do ya?

FlameSniperRei
10-06-2003, 03:14 PM
sailorpsychosis, you can still audition online. Please email me at sjamboree@aol.com. :)

Eliza
10-06-2003, 10:24 PM
I agree that it's good to register. I of course really like the dealer's rooms, but even if I didn't I probably would reg anyway. How else is the con going to pay for itself? I'd rather fork over $40 (or whatever) than have no con. ^^;

and hell, the badge is a nice memento