PDA

View Full Version : Hey, all you Chiis out there.. o.O

Tea-chan
10-17-2002, 06:57 AM
Stop laughing. I know Chii is severely overdone, but darnit, if nobody in my town is an anime fan, how will they know when I wear it on halloween? ^_~

In any case. o.O Would it be a good idea to make the ears of Model Magic stuff?

Himemiya
10-17-2002, 08:56 AM
No one will know who you are!! :-D when they ask, look at them like they're stupid, and say "a persocom." lol. I'm doing the same thing ^_^

I made mine out of foamy stuff sheets that i got at walmart. I like them ^_^ wouldn't crayola model magic be heavy?

Sami
10-17-2002, 12:02 PM
I'm under the assumption that Model Magic or Sculpey would be WAY too heavy; remember, you're wearing two of these things on your head, and you'll have to deal with them for a while.. ^^; Plus there's always the thought that they might crack, or break apart.. Having a heavy head sucks, I'd imagine, so I'd just go with that kiddie crafting foam. It's very lightweight, and surprisingly easy to use! (I used it for my Red XIII ears) And.. it's cheap! :D :D

Haruka
10-17-2002, 02:09 PM
yes i too would recomend the foam...i make and sell them on my website, but they really are easy to make. first you need to draw out a pattern then cut it out....^_^..i know that Chii is becoming an "over done" character, but thats not fair to say because she has so many differnt outfits. Also, you can kinda make up your own original costume and still be Chii ^_^ ah i just love her too much...CHIII!

Tea-chan
10-17-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Sami
I'm under the assumption that Model Magic or Sculpey would be WAY too heavy; remember, you're wearing two of these things on your head, and you'll have to deal with them for a while.. ^^; Plus there's always the thought that they might crack, or break apart.. Having a heavy head sucks, I'd imagine, so I'd just go with that kiddie crafting foam. It's very lightweight, and surprisingly easy to use! (I used it for my Red XIII ears) And.. it's cheap! :D :D

Model magic IS really light, actually.

XD And I'm SO AWARE that heavy headwear sucks. XD I did a Rabi~en~Rose costume. The ears and dice were just too heavy. In fact, I couldn't look down, @_@

Tea-chan
10-17-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Haruka
yes i too would recomend the foam...i make and sell them on my website, but they really are easy to make. first you need to draw out a pattern then cut it out....^_^..i know that Chii is becoming an "over done" character, but thats not fair to say because she has so many differnt outfits. Also, you can kinda make up your own original costume and still be Chii ^_^ ah i just love her too much...CHIII!

Hrm. foam sounds like a REALLY good idea, actually. Thank you. ^^

Nemui Yume
10-17-2002, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Tea-chan
Stop laughing. I know Chii is severely overdone, but darnit, if nobody in my town is an anime fan, how will they know when I wear it on halloween? ^_~

In any case. o.O Would it be a good idea to make the ears of Model Magic stuff?

you could try it out, i know many friends that always went to model magic since it's VERY light- i don't think it's that heavy at all

but try out diffrent things to see which is comfortable for you, sometimes it's better to try what you know

Sakura
10-17-2002, 10:35 PM
The foam paper stuff from Wal-Mart does work really well, that's what I used for mine. It's actually really cool that there are Chii's trick-or-treating (or partying) across the country on halloween ^_^ I'm being chii as well.