PDA

View Full Version : masquerade, dealer hall and sunday fesival comments

BlueLady
10-05-2003, 08:33 PM
It's time to start begging XD I am being paid to cover the events above for a magazine, and due to the fact that I gott sick I missed sunday and the masquerade, and didnt really have time to cover the dealers hall. So any comments, critiques or opinions of any kind would really help me. All credit will be given to you if I use your statement

mochihead
10-06-2003, 01:12 PM
yowie! BlueLady begging! Must remember this moment! *burns it into memory*

Ok, back on topic. ^_^

I, personally, thought that the Masquerade went really well and smoothly, despite starting late. The EmCees and the fillers between the skits were great! But then again, how could you NOT love the Rey-Rey & Jean? The special Matrix presentation was fantastic and was just the thing to get the whole show started - funny, great characters & costumes, and a rockin' dance number to finish. The skits for the most part were ok. Loved the Final Fantasy Behind the Scenes skit ^_^. Unfortunately, though, parts of the skits were missed behind audience heads because the stage was low. Loved that Didjiman & Karisu-sama had the photo-setup backstage to take pics of all the contestants as they finished their skits. Very professional-like and all!

The festival was, well, interesting. The balloon arch of death kept attacking everyone! The big sumo-suit wrestling thing appeared to be a hit. There were a few games, too, with some cute pins & posters as prizes. There wasn't actually a whole lot, though, to do there. Rather small with maybe about 9-10 games that you could play. Not exactly what I was expecting - thought it would have food booths and more live-program stuff happening at it.

Sorry, Blue, but I didn't go into the dealer's hall at all! *laughs* Wolfgirl did, though, and spent some money. Maybe you can get some comments from her about it!

/edit/ oh, yeah! I also loved that first FF skit with the male Rinoa! Yikes! That was probably the best Rinoa that I've seen, too! *laughs*

TristenCitrine
10-06-2003, 02:32 PM
I'm very happy you liked the masquerade!

Unfortunately, there was a bit of miscommunication regarding the Akiyume Club card holders and seats for the masquerade that led to some fans getting shuffled and then to the show starting a bit late.

That problem should be cleared up next year :)

Wolfgirl
10-06-2003, 03:21 PM
It's time to start begging XD I am being paid to cover the events above for a magazine, and due to the fact that I gott sick I missed sunday and the masquerade, and didnt really have time to cover the dealers hall. So any comments, critiques or opinions of any kind would really help me. All credit will be given to you if I use your statement

The dealers hall was great. Lots of things sold at good prices. There where stuffed dogs with AFRO"S. We kept holding wierd things up and showing them to Miko. I found a stuffed cat that looked like it was constipated. I ate something just because it said free samples on it. At about 3:30 before the hall closed miko said they started selling anime box sets for 30 bucks just to get rid of them.

I have one word of advice for the dealers room. I went in on saturday with no intensions of buying anything. Sunday was diffrent. NEver Ever bring an ATM card to the dealers room. I think mine was smoking from the things I bought. I bought things I did'nt need. I even bought a stuffed Ed doll just because I liked getting hugged by the many Ed's in the dealers room.

Oh yeah the masquradey thingy. I saw the matrix skit Cosplay Mom rocks. She was Trinity and there was a morphius who was dancing. That was my fav skit. and I saw about 4 other skits. My fav part was when they where setting up they played cowboy bebop music and Ed got up and started dancing really hyper like to the music.