PDA

View Full Version : Mario Props...?

Colypso
09-29-2010, 10:21 AM
Hello.

I have my Mario outfit all done and ready to go for the NY Anime Fest in October. I also have this huge hammer that I made to go with it. The only problem is, I have to take the bus with my friends to New York and I don't think they would alow the hammer on the bus.

Are there any other good prop ideas to use that I can make before the 9th? I want that little extra bit for the outfit but I don't know what would be a good idea.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, it pertains to props so I thought it would be fine.

ChilmarkGryphon
09-29-2010, 03:02 PM
Do you mean the NJ transit bus? As long as you can fit it in your lap (and/or your friends' laps), they won't care. I recently made several trips from Manhattan to Somerset carrying several large wig boxes and two suitcases full of stage costumes, and I bet your hammer isn't as unwieldy as all those things XD

o01101011
09-29-2010, 04:32 PM
A large plush mushroom or 1up would be really cute.

Colypso
09-29-2010, 06:45 PM
Thats a lot of stuff O.o I'll give it a try, but I'm just nervous thats all. I don't want to walk all the way to the bus stop for them to tell me it isn't allowed.

I like the idea of the mushrooms. I'll probably get one and hope it gets to me before the con XD

ErinMurphy
09-29-2010, 09:24 PM
You could paint a cardboard box to be a mystery box from super Mario!

essex1984
09-30-2010, 12:12 AM
Any 2-D prop should work well. Are you planing on carrying them around for added effect or are these more along the line of Photo props?

A Star is always well known or even a turtle shell. Red with wings!!

Colypso
09-30-2010, 05:34 PM
I was planning on walking around with them at the convention. I actually asked a bus driver if I could bring it (showed him a picture of it) and he said it would be fine as long as it doesn't hit anyone.

Otherwise, I might bring a plush or something.

redsoundwaves
04-06-2011, 11:40 AM
It would be cool if you could make edible props so when you consumed them you got powers :3