PDA

View Full Version : Kikyo and Inuyasha Help.

Songstress_Yuna
10-05-2003, 09:09 PM
I was wondering if anyone would help my boyfriend and me in making Inuyasha and Kikyo's costumes. We're planning on making them by scratch. We need help on the pants and the tops. If anyone has any patterns or knows of any sites that have any that would help could you please tell us.

Or if anyone has gone as either of these characters could you please drop us a line.
Thanks.

Eleryth
10-06-2003, 02:34 AM
There have been Many threads with this type of information. Search in the new costumers section (or whatever its called) and the general costume help one. Type in kikyo or inuyasha and I am sure you will find what you are looking for.

Butterick makes a kimono pattern (which would need altering), Sarcasm has a hakama pattern on her website (den of sarcasm - search google) or search google or yahoo or whatever you like for things like 'hakama pattern', 'kimono pattern', or anything related. As for the tetsusaiga, someone here has a tutorial on how to make it - you would probably have to search under the props section.

Just remember - search before you ask. ^^

If you are still having trouble, feel free to PM me.

UchihaGirl
10-14-2003, 10:15 AM
Eeeeeeeee....There was a post like this on another board...I had linked to some really good patterns that can be used for Inuyasha, Kikyo, and also Kenshin, since all three basically wear traditional hakama and a hitatare. But here ya go since it's an older post

http://members.tripod.com/azurafrost0/hakama.JPG
http://members.tripod.com/azurafrost0/hitatare.JPG

If you click on the link, it won't work so you have to Copy and Paste it in the address bar but it's a pretty accurate pattern and pretty easy to make. I had to make some modifications to make it more like Kikyo's hitatare because of the slit that is below the shoulder and I made the slope of the sleeve more drastic. Luckly my nonnie helped me perfect it...Italian women are always so good with sewing...