PDA

View Full Version : Steampunk Brass Accessories

CPQRyoko
09-30-2010, 01:46 PM
Hi there! I have a couple questions that I would like to ask you all so I can get some insight on a future project.

I have bought some brass strips from here (specifically the top 2 items) (http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVPROFIL=&FVSEARCH=BRASS+++sheets&search=Go) and was wondering what I could cut out from them that would go/sell well with steampunk? I know that gears and wings are really popular, but what else? And how much would you pay for an item made out of brass, especially when the item is not that big and doesn't have as much detail?

I would love to be able to make intricate things with the strips, but I need to practice on making the simpler items first so I can get a hang of working with the metal.

All help is greatly appreciated! I look forward to your replies :)

WantonGroove
11-26-2010, 07:44 PM
If it's the strips you bought, steampunkers are usually adorned with the obligatory set of goggles. Wouldn't be all that hard to fashion, just bend the strips around some lenses popped out of a regular set of sunglasses or goggles. Could just use it to add some accoutrement to an existing set of welding goggles.

SilverSteam
12-08-2010, 03:59 PM
About that! you could alway start out with one the goggles, or you could make Pin like buttons almost, that were in the shape of gears so people could pin them to their steampunk outfits for the more Gear-like look..I would have one if you made it lol :P