PDA

View Full Version : Car Accident @ Ani-Magic

allyunion
10-05-2003, 11:43 PM
Upon leaving the con at Ani-Magic, due to a set of unfortunate circumstances, I caused a car accident at Avenue K and Division Street. Fortunately, my passengers are okay, the other party involved is okay, and other than whiplash myself, I'm okay... (aside from the fact I'm physically hurt with bruises and sores, emotionally hurt / shocked / scared, & finanically hurt)

While looking for the freeway entrance, I unforuntately saw the red light a bit too late, and ended side impacting a pickup head on. The car I drive is in bad shape, and the total damage for both cars is estimated to be around $12,000.

Aside from that, I will also need to appear in court in Lancaster and due to my situation, I rather take the train from Riverside to Lancaster and would be greatful if anyone can give me a ride to the court once I sort out the court appointment time. (I don't know whether or not I can move the hearing for the court to somewhere locally, yet.)

Anyway, I am very thankful and lucky that I'm alive, and that no one was hurt. I expect if I ever go to Lancaster again... I'm not going to drive until I'm much, much, much older.

I did, however, enjoy Ani-Magic very much, and something like this has not detoured me from attending next year... just only depending on my financial situation at the time. I made a lot of friends, and caught up with people from past conventions and events, and I appreciate the emotional support that was given to me to those who were still there when I had returned from my unfortunate accident.

Signed with due fortunate respect,

Jason Y. Lee
"Yahiko"
AllyUnion of Cosplay.com

AM Chair
10-06-2003, 12:49 AM
I'm sorry to hear of your accident, Jason. Hope you will be feeling better and that the judge isn't too hard on you. I can't make promises but depending on my schedule I might be able to drop you off at the courthoause and back to the train.
Revell

L to the 3rd
10-06-2003, 12:51 AM
sorry to hear that man.. i'm relieved to hear that you and your passengers are alright tho!

KimikoChan
10-06-2003, 12:53 AM
:( I am truly sorry about your accident, but the main thing is that no one was seriously hurt. I understand the financial problems though and I do hope everything works out. I live in northern california so I wouldn't be able to help with the ride :(

*hugs*

K_Valentine
10-06-2003, 12:55 AM
I'm sorry to hear that.

allyunion
10-06-2003, 12:56 AM
Here's a picture of my car as it was after the accident:
http://www.cs.ucr.edu/~jylee/car.jpg

Here is a picture of the other car:

http://www.cs.ucr.edu/~jylee/car-other.jpg

If you think it doesn't look bad, I only look a pic of one side, and mind you, it did flip onto its side. The pic is shortly after they flipped it upright. As you can see, the other car's tires are flat.

The_Battousai
10-06-2003, 01:21 AM
dang...im really really glad you all are okay, an i hope everything having to do with the court/other vehicle works out.

BlueLady
10-06-2003, 01:23 AM
ahh * hugs* as siad before at least no one is hurt. Cars can be fixed. Just take it easy as you drive for a little while, and you'll be fine soon. Take a warm bath and heal up soon!

Rogue Marvel
10-06-2003, 01:33 AM
*huggles*

I hope everything turns out all right.

Its scary when you think about how quickly and suddenly these things can happen.

Feel Better!

allyunion
10-06-2003, 02:59 AM
*wakes up* Eh... Hard to go to sleep... hurt... scared...

Delirium-Zer0
10-06-2003, 03:18 AM
Hey, glad to hear you're alright. If you need any feel-better hang out time be sure to give me a ring, okay? :( *much huggles*

Catboi Blues
10-06-2003, 01:06 PM
Sorry to hear about your accident, I hope that everything turns out alright in the long run. If it makes you feel any better, I can empathize with you. I got into an accident while on my way back from Otakon. Best of luck to you.

Wolfgirl
10-06-2003, 01:18 PM
Upon leaving the con at Ani-Magic, due to a set of unfortunate circumstances, I caused a car accident at Avenue K and Division Street. Fortunately, my passengers are okay, the other party involved is okay, and other than whiplash myself, I'm okay... (aside from the fact I'm physically hurt with bruises and sores, emotionally hurt / shocked / scared, & finanically hurt)

While looking for the freeway entrance, I unforuntately saw the red light a bit too late, and ended side impacting a pickup head on. The car I drive is in bad shape, and the total damage for both cars is estimated to be around $12,000.

Aside from that, I will also need to appear in court in Lancaster and due to my situation, I rather take the train from Riverside to Lancaster and would be greatful if anyone can give me a ride to the court once I sort out the court appointment time. (I don't know whether or not I can move the hearing for the court to somewhere locally, yet.)

Anyway, I am very thankful and lucky that I'm alive, and that no one was hurt. I expect if I ever go to Lancaster again... I'm not going to drive until I'm much, much, much older.

I did, however, enjoy Ani-Magic very much, and something like this has not detoured me from attending next year... just only depending on my financial situation at the time. I made a lot of friends, and caught up with people from past conventions and events, and I appreciate the emotional support that was given to me to those who were still there when I had returned from my unfortunate accident.

Signed with due fortunate respect,

Jason Y. Lee
"Yahiko"
AllyUnion of Cosplay.com

Oh wow I'm glad everyone is ok. I know how you feel. I think anime and car accidents must be related or something. I got in a accident about a month ago coming back from the cosplay campout photo shoot.

We can be poor together and bum rides and places to stay off of people. Maybe put signs on "will cosplay for a ride to anime convention" :P I hope everything goes well. My accident was almost the same exept I had no passengers. I was more concerned about my princess mononoke mask then my actual car. LOL

mochihead
10-06-2003, 01:25 PM
blarg, that's horrible. I'm sorry to hear about it, but any accident that you can walk away from is still a good accident - I'm glad that everyone is ok. I wish I could help you with rides and all, but unfortunately I'll be back in Hawaii by then and it would be a rather long commute. ^_^

Please take care and am praying for the best for you...

Doremi Chan
10-06-2003, 01:27 PM
I'm glad everyone is okay!!

On Sat afternoon I went in search of a WalMart and on the way back to the hotel there was a car accident. I must have just missed it.

FlameSniperRei
10-06-2003, 02:23 PM
Sorry to hear that happened to you. I got into an accident on the way to Fanime and ended up totalling my car but went to the con anyway. I know exactly how you feel. The entire court thing for me didn't end until recently, and this accident was 2 years ago. ;_; Hang in there, and best wishes.

Marth
10-06-2003, 02:25 PM
Oh, God... Jason I'm glad to hear you and the others are OK. I too know the feeling of not being able to sleep because of a tragic event.
I hope the whole thing with the court get worked out, just call them and try to get it moved locally. I'm gonna try to work something out with the court over there too since I got a speeding ticket for going 78 mph in a 55 mph double fine zone... hopefully they'll let me take care of it through the mail. but take it easy and relax... this dark cloud shall pass with time just hang in there!! :)

BTW, I'm Alex, ( cosplayed Kuwabara) the guy hanging out with Steve (Kusanagi)... we crossed paths about 20+ times at the con! remember! PM or AIM me, alright? :)

Eveil
10-06-2003, 06:46 PM
I got away with two bruises, a small scrape and bit of a sore chest from the seatbelt. All is well though. I was mostly just shook up from it.
Best of luck to you Jason! <3

allyunion
10-07-2003, 03:25 AM
Hildechan, I hope you don't have any problems sleeping... and that doesn't scare you from riding my car when I'm much older and experienced in driving. I'm still hurting, but I'm thankful that everything turned out okay. One thing I would like to mention is if a lawyer asks anything, please defer them to the insurance companies.

Dreamer81382
10-07-2003, 03:32 AM
Yeah, Gainax Girl and I were the first people on the scene to help him out.

We're all glad that he's safe and hope that no serious damages arise from this.

But, just in case... I would like to set up a Paypal fund to help our dear Allyunion get back on his feet and cosplaying once again.

We're here for you pal.

Kira_Yamato
10-07-2003, 04:50 AM
I totalled my R32 on sunday..... But that was totally different......

Eveil
10-07-2003, 05:16 AM
I sleep fine. ^^; I've had worse than just being sore. I'm more worried about you, Jason. I'll definately be contributing to the paypal effort. ^_^

allyunion
10-07-2003, 05:45 AM
Officially, my parents tell me I owe them 12k once I get a job...

My insurance is covering for the other party's damages and health. There goes my insurance rate for my parents.... >_< There goes my insurance rate for the next 3 years after I graduate... >_<

Well, I don't think the PayPal effort is officially necessary anymore, since it is apparent the insurance will cover everything, and that my family's insurance premiums will go up to "pay" back the insurance company back. Fortunately, my parents are covered by State Farm's highest coverage as possible. I think my parents will be okay... as for me, alternative transportation and rides until I'm older.

Dreamer81382
10-07-2003, 07:49 PM
You could still sue Toyota for failure of the Air Bag to deploy

allyunion
10-08-2003, 12:08 AM
Actually, there is a good reason why it didn't deploy. The speed of the car was slow enough that it was not necessary, meaning the crash was not a major one. If I was going any faster, the air bags would have deployed.

piroko
10-08-2003, 12:07 PM
I hear you with the shock effect. Even when I got into a few small accidents (just really bumps, it's really nothing) I got shaken up for a couple days. And what do you know, it made me more paranoid as a driver, but now a safer driver.
I hope all goes well, things happen, but you can learn from them. If you go to UCR (I'm actually stuck in a CS lab right now) I can give you rides to close places if you need.

allyunion
10-11-2003, 01:51 AM
:bigcry: :bigcry: The car... is a total loss and is unrepairable, or rather, the cost exceeds the value of the car. :bigcry: :bigcry: