PDA

View Full Version : Sweating and cosplay

a600hz
09-30-2010, 11:55 PM
@.@ Hey guys I was just wondering.. How do you guys deal with sweating.. I don't like to talk about it a lot, but I sweat like crazy and some times my face turns red as if I was doing some insane work out T.T

I was just wondering how do you guys deal with it !! If it happens with any of you guys..

Archangelz
10-01-2010, 01:16 AM
I understand not wanting to talk about this issue, I don't really bring it up much either, but I too sweat more than I think is normal. As it pertains to sweating throughout your body I've actually found that wearing things like Under Armour can really help. It can sometimes get pricey but when I started running regularly and my typically high sweating went even higher this stuff helped. As for your face all I can only suggest trying to bring along a handkerchief to give yourself a quick dab now and then. Sorry I can't say much more on that last one. :(

distantarray
10-01-2010, 03:06 AM
Under Armour isn't bad priced considering if you don't have pets they should last a few years minimum. Personally I don't like the moisture wicking cause I sweat so damn much I just feel damp all over.

Under armour works cause it spreads the moisture all evenly throughout the shirt letting it air dry better, but I sweat too much so I just deal with it, anyways when you sweat people think your working out hardcore especially in air conditioning so I don't mind it. I deal with it by finding really small tank tops to workout in lol, I stay a lot cooler without anything over my shoulders than anything.

Kasinator
10-01-2010, 07:44 AM
@.@ Hey guys I was just wondering.. How do you guys deal with sweating.. I don't like to talk about it a lot, but I sweat like crazy and some times my face turns red as if I was doing some insane work out T.T

I was just wondering how do you guys deal with it !! If it happens with any of you guys..

well keep also in mind after you work out long enough, you body will sweat less because the body wont retain all the moisture it once had when you weighed more. for workouts, Ibough a bunch of fruit of the loom tank tops with various shorts and made sure i let them dry and get washed later. For cons, wear something under to cover the sweat. also hydrate too. and of course shower plus deodorant every morning prior to attendance to the con.

distantarray
10-01-2010, 06:20 PM
well keep also in mind after you work out long enough, you body will sweat less because the body wont retain all the moisture it once had when you weighed more. for workouts, Ibough a bunch of fruit of the loom tank tops with various shorts and made sure i let them dry and get washed later. For cons, wear something under to cover the sweat. also hydrate too. and of course shower plus deodorant every morning prior to attendance to the con.

I dunno man I'm always drippy at the gym lmao, although if you follow my routine I'm sure you'd be too :)

Kasinator
10-01-2010, 10:20 PM
oh dont get me wrong i get drenched too :D. I just saying when you are not exercising and the room is a little warm you will be less sweaty than before you ever worked out.

zssfanxxx
10-01-2010, 11:31 PM
We all go through it hunn.
I sometimes sweat insanely too ~ But I love it though!:heart:
It's hawt and refreshing!;D So keep up the awesome job!:bigtu:

Archangelz
10-02-2010, 12:16 AM
Hey, a600hz, were you talking about sweating at all times (including during a workout) or sweating when you're cosplaying and have a day of con going to get through? I think the talk has taken a bit of a turn and I'm wondering if you're hearing good stuff. If that makes sense...

Celia Rose
10-02-2010, 12:31 AM
I don't sweat a lot in cosplay except if I'm wearing a wig for a long period of time. Then a nasty little ring of condensation is left behind on my head. It's really gross. D:

I usually wear costumes with lots of air flow, though (Yoko from Gurren Lagann, Sheryl Nome from Macross Frontier), so my body doesn't heat up very much during the con. Even running around as staff I didn't break into much of a sweat.

My advice: get some antiperspirant, and bring it with you to reapply throughout the con/cosplay event.

TenshiUyoku
10-02-2010, 01:06 AM
I'm actually super lucky and sweat very little, but my body cools itself well. So I can free run, hike, dance and do sports, all with minimal sweat and pink cheeks! I think it's because I live in a much cooler climate than what I grew up in, so my body got used to that and now excercising in this is easy.

rubyspitfire
10-02-2010, 01:54 AM
the only time i have a problem is when i wear something made from polyester and lined (like the blue costume in my pic over there <--), and i ended up running around with the jacket off and a plain black t-shirt which just happened to be in character. the costumes i've been making are made from cotton and very breathable. i generally don't sweat much, but if i start to i smell like a skunk even with deodorant so the best way for me to combat it is just to try to keep cool and have a plan b on the costume

a600hz
10-02-2010, 02:29 AM
Hey, a600hz, were you talking about sweating at all times (including during a workout) or sweating when you're cosplaying and have a day of con going to get through? I think the talk has taken a bit of a turn and I'm wondering if you're hearing good stuff. If that makes sense...

So far everything is in check.. I was just talking about randomly sweating at a convention.. I decided to ask because in anime expo as soon as I hit the exhibit hall I slowly started to sweat and look kind of red its really okay though.. everyone has been helpful.

a600hz
10-02-2010, 02:34 AM
I don't sweat a lot in cosplay except if I'm wearing a wig for a long period of time. Then a nasty little ring of condensation is left behind on my head. It's really gross. D:

I usually wear costumes with lots of air flow, though (Yoko from Gurren Lagann, Sheryl Nome from Macross Frontier), so my body doesn't heat up very much during the con. Even running around as staff I didn't break into much of a sweat.

My advice: get some antiperspirant, and bring it with you to reapply throughout the con/cosplay event. yeah thats true haha.. I actually did take antiperspirants.. and I did apply it continuesly but it really didn't help.. Its weird because.. I was standing up for 3 hours during day 0 to get my badge but I didn't break a sweat yet during the convention itself I was sweating but it got worse whenever i was in the exhibit hall.. maybe its because of how thick my hair is.. but even when it was thinned out by a lot I still did.. I guess my thick hair may be the reason why my face turns red when i do sweat