PDA

View Full Version : Lost Odyssey cosplay?

RiRiShi
10-01-2010, 03:01 PM
Anyone cosplayed as a character from this game. I am completely new to cosplaying but would love to get started. I was thinking Seth... I love her character. Her skin tone matches mine perfect as well... I was studying her clothes.

The dress... my grandmother and mother are both good seamstresses and said they would assist me in the making of her dress.

BUT...

Her boots and armour will be a challenge. There's intricate detail of the armour on her arms, on the boots as well as around her neck. I was thinking of getting them commissioned, which I knew could involve a hefty price.

Seth Balmore: http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh207/Tsukihomi/SethBalmore.jpg

The question is: Should I go for it? It will definately be a challenge and a half. I haven't seen many LO cosplayers at all on another point. Not a popular game choice.

TheUnderDog
04-27-2011, 10:24 PM
YES.

It will be a challenge, but it'll be a challenge that makes you feel like the most epic thing on the planet. If you do complete this costume, I for one will send you a million and a half creepy comments asking for pictures-because I have NEVER seen a LO cosplay, and that game is one of my favorites. The pattern looks painful, but with airspray it needn't be all that hard, actually-just lots and lots of careful cutting to make the pattern, then a few different colors, and voila! What will kill you is the armor and boots... Those I'm not very used to making. (Hence why the only LO cosplay I have is a half finished Jansen. since-thank God- he's got no armor.xD)

shelisheli
05-05-2011, 12:05 AM
yes yes yes!!!

ive never done cosplay before.. however im a model, mua, and ex-fashion student (not to mention gamer..) so i am in LOVE with this whole thing. (a friend recently told me about the cons and all that.. i had NO idea how huge this was)

anyways.. i thought if i was ever goign to go to a con.. i wanted to go as SETH. so i looked at the costume (i cant sew).. but the armor.. i have many ideas.

what you can do.. if you dont mind the mess.. if make your own mold. get some good clay.. design the armor.. then pour the molding material over it.. let it dry.. then when you pop it off.. you have a mold.. just like a candy mold :)

i really really look forward to what you come up with!!!