PDA

View Full Version : Need Help From Fellow Alois Trancy Cosplayers!

erickste
10-02-2010, 09:23 AM
Hey guys, I'm a bit in a mess right now. A long time ago, I decided I needed to do an Alois Trancy cosplay from Kuroshitsuji. Being only so early into the season, I bought one of the only cosplays there were on eBay, simply because I don't sew and I'm not going to make my friend do it all for me.

Well, it's horrid. Nothing fits, everything is slightly off color, on and on. And we're trying to fix it all but it's such a mess, and I'm running out of time and money, we have a con to go to at the end of this month and I am really not trying to half ass it, but I don't want to look bad.

So, my question is, for those of you who have made your own, how are you going about the green pinstripe material for his vest? I've looked everywhere and can't find any. So what I was thinking was getting white with black pinstripe fabric and just dying it a pale green. We're trying to save the coat, but it is also a mess and way more red than purple. Ugh.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! I wanted to ace this cosplay so bad and it looks like I'm gonna be fail! :(

Akikay
10-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Aaaaw, I'm sorry to hear about that! eBay sellers, unless reviewed otherwise, are often scammers and give you low quality, factory made costumes. With the unreasonable prices they sell them at, you would have probably been better off commissioning it for not much more.

I don't sew. Honestly, the only thing I've sewn is hand-sewing ears and tails for two Pokemon gijinkas. But the first thing my mother and I will sew together for cosplay is that vest, and I was either going to sew the pinstripes on with black ribbons or leave the fabric green, as I've seen it before. Being a newbie, I'm sure someone with actual experience could help you out more, but I saw this thread and wanted to help out a fellow in-progress Kuroshitsuji/Alois cosplayer. ^^

(by the way, this should probably be in the Kuroshitsuji section of the Anime/Manga forum. But someone will move it for you)

erickste
10-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Well the first cosplay I ever bought only needed to be taken in a little bit and it was perfect, and so was another one but this one was a major sadface. I think maybe if you just do a straight stitch or whatever it's called to make pinstripes, that might work? I was thinking of taking a fabric marker and drawing them on with a yard stick in hopes of it not bleeding. I think I'll just have to do what I can for now and totally remake it all for next years con.

Well good luck on your vest! And sorry I didn't know where I should put this, but maybe it'll be moved. :)

Rainbowgasm
10-03-2010, 12:27 PM
raid thrift stores... seriously... for someone like Alois with such normal looking clothes, I wouldnt even CONSIDER buying online... Our Alois found everything she needed at Vallue Village, and we just made small modifications like shortening the shorts and playing with the vest until the 'boob space' flattened out with just a few stitches in the shoulders to hold it- we just went with a green vest, no pinstripe because we couldnt find one with them- but no one seems to notice it anyways... we were lucky to find a purple jacket that we could just put the gold buttons on, but we could have gone with a white one and dyed it if we didnt find what we did... the dress shirt is just a normal dress shirt, and for the stockings we took black long johns and cut them off where we needed it, and then put sheer stockings with that auto-stick stuff to hold them up over top when they wouldnt stay... she also found her boots at VV and laces at a punk store in the mall...