PDA

View Full Version : Child Hollow Ichigo help?

Vasooki
10-02-2010, 01:54 PM
Haha I've sewn my fair share of cosplays, but they were all for me. I'm kind of at a loss for what to do for my little brother. He wants to be Hichigo for Halloween, and he's 8. So I've kinda hit a wall in terms of ideas... It seems like there are a hell of a lot less patterns for kids, and I have no idea how to get/make hakama.

Any ideas? Much appreciated. :D

yamibakura03
10-03-2010, 05:00 PM
you can try to make a pattern on your own. Hakama pants are not that difficult or at least I learn how to make one. (though trial and error XD). Try googling or look at the site to see if anyone has a hakama pattern. From there you can try to measure your brother's size and make your own pattern.

or you can ask someone to make the outfit for him.

modernparanoia
10-03-2010, 06:20 PM
I've done quite a few Bleach cosplays for myself as well as for a few commissions. I went to my craft store and bought a pattern for simple pajama pants and a pattern for a pleated skirt.
I adjusted the pants pattern accordingly (i.e making the legs fuller, adding the side vents, etc) then after it was cut out, I added the pleats using the pattern from the skirt as my guide to make sure they were even, etc. It was time-consuming but it worked out quite well.

I would suggest making a trial pair for your first run through using cheap fabric or an old bedsheet. Then you can make your adjustments to the trial garment by fitting it to your little brother specifically. I did this for my younger sister when making her Soi Fon cosplay and they came out really nice.

Hope this helps.

rubyspitfire
10-07-2010, 12:18 PM
i found a hakama tutorial on deviant art a while back that i used for my bleach costume. it could be easily adapted for a child... tutorial found here : http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=taeliac#/d1u47z1